ZOMBIE FORUMS

It's a stinking, shambling corpse grotesquely parodying life.
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:47 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2002 9:29 am 
Tourist

Ooooh,errantstory is so cool and nice and nice and cool and nice! I like it so much and I hope that you will all accept me and so we can be friends and discuss this nice, innocent, nice cool story! Oooh, my name is-

Right. The irony...a n00b-mocking post by a n00b himself. Intelligent posts are required for one to be...un-initiated, correct? I suppose this isn't an intelligent post, it was never my strong point anyway...

But I digress. I didn't come here to screw around and act arrogant, I know that mostly intelligent people come to Errant Story's forums, judging from the posts(mostly.), and as an avid reader of Errant Story, I'd like to discuss a story concept.

Any of you people ever thought that maybe Sarine is the monster herself?

There. The whole front part of the post is irrelevant, just for this little question. Right. Like I said, not an intelligent post.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2002 9:47 am 
Addict

Actually it is rather intelligent, and brings up an interresting thought...

I don't exactly agree with the thought, as Sarine doesn't seem that type, but then Poe could pull anything out of his hat to toy with us.

Maybe it's Jordan's fault. :grin:

Anyway, I should also mention... the first part of your name... Shinta. In the recent MERP game I played in, "Shinta Kerrie" was the name of the co-head of a hunters guild. I hadn't heard that name elsewhere, so I just thought it interresting when I saw it posting. *nods*

Not that it's anything special or anything, just thought I would point it out...

*nods*

-BiShouNenKaMi
Shinta was the bastard that set us up the bomb and put contracts out on our party. -__-;;;

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2002 9:52 am 
Tourist

Yeah, well, basically I was used to be this like 10-year-old Rurouni Kenshin fanboy and as being a complete loser, I noticed that his name when he was like 8 was "Shinta". I liked it, and the name stuck;I've been using it for MUDs, MMORPGS, stuff like this etc.

Oh yeah, and I thought that Sarine being the monster was maybe because...well...why did she kill Darren? Also, she just seems so mysterious and stuff. (OK, this is lame.)

Anyways, just a thought.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2002 7:10 pm 
Addict

How would she rape them then?

Unless Ghastly was right, and Sarine's a shemale.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2002 11:29 pm 
n00b

I'm just curious how people of that age would know that the women were raped. Unless the said women were known to be virgins and didn't like any men at the moment, one might conclude that the broken hymen would indicate rape. But if those previous conditions weren't true, would rape, or for that matter, sexual intercourse be established? For one thing, there is the possibility that sperm would be discovered, but there's a pretty fair chance that the dismemberment would have some of it come off or be disguised by the blood. They don't have today's medical or technical standards, so I doubt they would be capable of using forensics to study the body properly. And if it were known that there was sexual intercourse, how could rape be established? There wouldn't be anyone around to say it wasn't involuntary at first, and her partner killed her after it.

Of course, there could just be the excuse that they used magic to find that out; but then again, magic could also have been used to discover the murderer.

Sorry if I thought too much.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jiharn on 2002-12-07 22:32 ]</font>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2002 11:33 pm 
Addict

That, or it just looked like it and they assumed it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2002 11:43 pm 
Addict

Or they could have all been found with no lower garments and their legs spread.

Just a thought, you know. Why would the monster bother to hide the rape?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2002 11:44 pm 
Addict

At least he's an eager n00b. Better than a mispelling, totally annoying, pointless n00b. But he should still be punished.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2002 11:52 pm 
n00b

Well, if the said women were dismembered, then it seems probably that either limbs were simply ripped off, or that they were cut off with some claws or a weapon. It just seemed to be that the situation would be rather violent and grisly, so I considered it likely that, if any clothes were still on the body after the rape, those clothes might have been torn off or fell off without anything to hold them on. So I was simply thinking that the scene of the murder was too bloody and messy to ascertain whether there had been sexual intercourse. And by the way, it hasn't been established how people concluded that it was rape, not consensual.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2002 11:55 pm 
Addict

Are you obsessed with the rape and horrific death of multiple innocent maidens or something? Also, knowing the type of people that read EN, I am willing to bet that it was a tentacle monster.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2002 8:44 am 
Tourist

Apologies for reviving a cooling thread, but perhaps a few additional facts might clarify the situation?

One: we are, after all, dealing with a setting that is at <i>least</i> two thousand years older than one capable of producing worked metal (as in armor that hopefully doesn't fall apart in one strike) and what looked to be a rather fetching maternity gown. Until we see more, assuming anything about the technology level seems a bit on the silly side.

*** NOTE THAT POINT TWO MAY BE SOMEWHAT GROSS ***

Two: icky as it may be, there are often leavings from forced sexual intercourse, especially if one of the participants is dead. If the assaulter was strong enough to create results comparable to those of a troll then they quite easily could have caused severe internal bleeding during happy fun time. Arterial blood is also a different color from that <i>other</i> blood.

*** END OF DISGUSTING PART ***

Three: finding the corpses with their pants down/skirts up and any undergarments removed, torn, or down around the ankles is an automatic sign of rape unless the victim was using the facilities. Other torn or removed clothing was likely also found.

Four: I've re-skimmed the archives but come up empty; were the poor girls attacked with some sort of slashing weapon, or were they dismembered by actually having a limb yanked from the socket? Being beaten to death not only leaves a technically cleaner corpse but is a lot more savage and uncontrollable. One may want to note the number of classic cases of death by percussion in literature, movies (even recent ones, like Insomnia), etc.

Apologies if I have heavily re-stated previous points, as I am weary and not a little ill/stressed. May the comic continue in its righteous glory.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2002 10:16 am 
Tourist

Yeah, well, basically I've read your posts and most of them make a lot of sense. Like a few of you think, how did they test for rape? No one knows.

As for the whole rape concept, I guess you could tell if the person was like wearing nothing at all, and semen was spread all over their bodies, but that's rather unlikely. Also, I don't think in those days they had discovered "semen". If they found them with clothes ripped off or something, you could attribute it to trolls being dumb creatures or something, basically destroying everything.

Of course, if they really WERE found with white sticky liquid all over them and totally naked, I guess my "Sarine" raping them theory is wrong, but still, Ghastly might be right about the she-male concept.

(still, the whole she-male thing is biologically impossible, if not weird. One moment you have semen, the other you don't...well...that's kind of weird.

Unless of course, they were SEEN being dismembered and raped. Then again, if they were seen, why don't the townspeople know who/what did it?

Just a thought.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2002 12:14 pm 
Expatriate

Generally, naturally-born hermaphrodites are functional as either a man or a woman (they can never be both), and the other set of genetalia tend to be somewhat underdeveloped. So, if we go with the she-male theory, she could concivably have done it, but it rules out any child-bearing plotlines in the future. Then again, she could be a magical hermaphrodite...(god knows they crop up in hentai enough).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2002 1:07 pm 
Native

Or maby this whole rape thing was just a plot device to drum up the required dislike of Derren before Sarine showed him just how limber she was with those short swords/daggers.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: T-Bone Walker on 2002-12-08 12:08 ]</font>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2002 7:36 pm 
Expatriate

Or, it could just be Poe missing the good old days of gratuitious monster-rape...serves him right for trying a serious comic. (And if any of you fundamentalist Errant Story worshippers even think about lecturing me on how Poe is a genius artist and free to do whatever he wants, I'll feel sorry for myself so fast it'll make your heads spin).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2002 11:05 am 
Tourist

Odd, I was under the impression that hermaphrodites, humans anyway, were generally sterile in both respects, though one set of genetalia was generally more prominant than the other, which is why most parents opt for correct ive surgery early on in life. Consider this, though: With all the other hermaphrodites in nature, slugs, sea cucumbers, barn owls, etc, isn't it odd that there hasn't been at least one documented natural human hermaphrodite capable of sexually reproducing with both sexes? A thought. Obsessing over tentacles and rape logistics is a sure sign of NUKING THE COMIC. Just read it, already! :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2002 5:02 am 
Addict

Sorry, all this talk about hermaphroditic reproduction just reminded me of a short story I once read. (No, not that kind; it was by Heinlein, you pervert. :razz: )

Anybody else ever read "All You Zombies"? Just curious.

"Only he who attempts the absurd
is capable of achieving the impossible."
 - Miguel de Unamuno

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2002 10:24 am 
Addict

Quote:
On 2002-12-08 07:44, AriaMech wrote:
Two: icky as it may be, there are often leavings from forced sexual intercourse, especially if one of the participants is dead. If the assaulter was strong enough to create results comparable to those of a troll then they quite easily could have caused severe internal bleeding during happy fun time. Arterial blood is also a different color from that <i>other</i> blood.

My first reaction/thought was this sans the 'Icky' but with 'fucked up'

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2002 11:34 am 
Addict

Location: Hanging in the endless void with nothing but entropy and fluff for company.
Again, the technology issue..we really haven't seen a lot of it yet so we don't know how advanced the society is. Also, if they are assuming it's a troll or some large beasty of that nature I'm just going to assume that they found the girls with grossly stretched and/or torn openings, etc. *shudder* Just a thought.
- <font color="#000000">W</font><font color="#000033">r</font><font color="#000066">i</font><font color="#000099">n</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Wrin on 2002-12-10 10:35 ]</font>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2002 6:52 pm 
n00b

Quote:
Ooooh,errantstory is so cool and nice and nice and cool and nice! I like it so much and I hope that you will all accept me and so we can be friends and discuss this nice, innocent, nice cool story! Oooh, my name is-

Damn I wanted to do that one...

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next