ZOMBIE FORUMS

It's a stinking, shambling corpse grotesquely parodying life.
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:47 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2002 8:05 pm 
Addict

Quote:
On 2002-12-28 12:39, Lorem Ipsum Dolor Sit Amet:
Quote:
On 2002-12-27 18:26, bigmacd24 wrote:
Edit: Oh, and getting back on topic... What do you mean all atractive guy's are straight... check out the av!

hmm, i'm no genius, but there may be something a little off about how you phrased that sentance.

the thing i hate about the whole "all the good ones are gay" statement is that it impies that if a guy is straight, he is instantly worthless. bah. i bet it's just 'grass is greener' syndrome, or a woman just wants a guy who wants to have sex with men and can accesorize.

*falls flat on his face* Curse you subconcious! You have tricked me for the last time!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2002 12:17 am 
Addict

I'm a little confused about how we switched from bad-mouthing Avalon to bad-mouthing Megatokyo, but eh...

Personally, I'm willing to cut Piro some slack. He seems like a nice enough guy (and I do find the rants amusing, or at least endearingly pathetic). Poe seems to like him well enough, which must count for *something*. That said, I agree about Largo- I don't remember exactly why he left, but Piro really needs him back, to shore up the gamer/mecha/zombie part of the plotline. As for the meandering plotline, I think he actually apologized for it in his last post. The story seems to be moving again in the last couple strips. And note that Errant Story was his third link-up in that little status box. See! He's on the side of Good, after all!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2002 12:44 am 
Addict

Quote:
On 2002-12-28 16:33, Dominic wrote:

Well, this is Scott Campbell's take on the new He-man, but it does show the female magic-user that's on Skeletor's side. Mmmmm... There's something about fully-grown, probably mature, evil female sorcerors...

*cough*Black Mage ripoff?*/cough*

Agreed on the evil sorceress, though.

P-M

-><-

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2002 3:28 am 
Native

Quote:
On 2002-12-26 16:48, Rupert The Guerilla Rat wrote:
Pch. Who needs women when you've got GUNS?

You'll find out that the answer to that question is "everyone" the moment you try to get it on with a gun.

We're not mad. We're just argumentative. And we live in a state of fluctuating contempt for everything. - onion, when talking about herself and shoonra, actually describes the whole of kyhm forums.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2002 10:46 pm 
Addict

Yeah, but you can't blast Nazis, commies, and hippies with women. Whoever said sex was the ultimate objective of life?

Wait, never mind, stupid question, especially considering what people here will respond to it. .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2002 10:57 pm 
Addict

Since when have hippies been in the same catagory with nazis and commies?I agree with blasting them but did I miss the offical memo or something?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2002 11:00 pm 
Addict

Eh, my dad's a Vietnam veteran, so his opinion of hippies has pretty much rubbed off on me. Actually, I consider hippies to be slightly worse than commies and Nazis.
But that's just me, and I'm probably wrong.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2002 11:22 pm 
Addict

Communism is an ideology; I don't have any problems with commies as long as they stay out of my property ("Get off mah land!") and don't influence my government or try to indoctrinate me too much.

Nazism is also an ideology, but it happens to be attached to several obnoxious patterns of behavior. Thanks to these patterns of behavior, most Nazis are worthy of a double serving of ultra-violence.

Hippies, however, do not always share an ideology, but are rather defined by their common behaviors, all of which are irritating. I look forward to blowing away large clots of flower-wielding hippies when the revolution comes.

P-M

-><-

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2002 12:48 am 
Addict

Quote:
On 2002-12-28 03:25, BiShouNenKaMi wrote:
I never in a million years thought I would be saying this...

But get the fuck off Piro's back, goddamnit!

I just started reading MT about 3 weeks ago. Read all the archives in one night, INCLUDING each and every rant.

And then I sat back and thought... "What the hell? I thought he was supposed to be this whiny little bitch! I see nothing like that. Sure, he bitches about shit, but fuck, so do I! What the hell is everyone's problem with Piro?"

And I still don;t understand. Up a little late? Who fucking cares! Poe has missed a deadline by a bit at times as well, but no one mentiones that. We don;t even get a little messge... well, not often, really. But it's all forgiveable, and you know why? CAUSE IT IS HIS FUCKING COMIC, AND WE'RE JUST HERE TO READ IT!!

Being an artist myself, and having undergone far too many comic projects to count, I can tell you that it is pretty fucking stressfull, especially when you have people hounding you to do more. Shit, with the hit count on EN, ES, and MT, there have to be THOUSANDS of people emailing asking for this or that! I coudn't even handle TEN FUCKING PEOPLE!

It's stressfull shit, and he may get upset or rant about shit, but fuck, it's his own goddamned comic, his own fucking site, and his own money that supports it. Give the guy a fucking break, it's not like he was put here on this earth to suit your entertainment needs.

Now, that being said, I will end this, before I get really riled up and start ranting left and right about damned near everything under the sun. -__-;;

-BiShouNenKaMi
Artists either 1) bitch about how much they suck, 2) bitch about the stress, 3) disappear from fan view and become shadowlike, 4) just don't give a fuck what you say and do shit because it's what they like to do.

BiShouNenKaMi, I just want to say how much I agree with you, the whole way through that post... I really respect Piro, as I do Poe. He's a really good artist, so what if he misses deadlines? Like you said. His comic, if people started jumping on me for not updating OHA (my website) every monday, wednesday and Friday, I'd be... a little pissed off, and betrayed to say the least.

Also, rants are fun. :smile: I do them alot cause i'm just sooo bored at college. :grin:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2002 2:23 am 
Addict

Quote:
On 2002-12-29 22:00, Rupert The Guerilla Rat wrote:
Eh, my dad's a Vietnam veteran, so his opinion of hippies has pretty much rubbed off on me. Actually, I consider hippies to be slightly worse than commies and Nazis.
But that's just me, and I'm probably wrong.

Actually there is a intresting fact dealing with the anti-war movement during Vietnam.I remember hearing on the History channel that the guy in charge of the department for Time magazine in vietnam was actually a Viet cong intellegence agent and one of his main missions was to send as much negative press to the US to help fuel the anti-war movement.I think he got promoted to a colonel for his efforts.So in a way most hippies are actually just products/tools of a successful communist intellegence operation against the United states.

I'm probably got something mixed up so don't take this as 100% correct.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2002 11:09 am 
Local

Location: Being held upside down over the edge of a bridge somewhere. Oh the suspense!
Oh please someone corroborate this. I'd love this kinda trivia. So if someone knows this is true or has an article link about it please support him.

Guybrush: Even BEFORE they smell your breath?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2002 3:10 pm 
n00b

Three things from a long-time lurker:

1) For the love of God, no gratuitous yaoi just to boost readership. Sure, it'll attract female readers, but probably not the kind you'd be able to hold a good conversation with. There are some very notable exceptions, but I usually find that the more interesting convos occur if the yaoi fan in question is really just looking for a good story, and for whom yaoi is merely a welcome addition. Those who read entirely for Hawt Boi Action are generally . . . well, somewhat frightening in my experience. (However, I would pay good money to see a believable gay relationship for the same reason I'd pay to see a believable heterosexual relationship: they're hard to come by in webcomics. Most yaoi-themed comics, as well as slash fanfics, are written by straight women and come off somewhat idealized. Go figure.)

2) Believe it or not, I know a few women who read and liked EN, myself included. Why? Because women can be amused by sick humor, too -- and also because it was, like, y'know, good. Quality is a pretty rare commodity in the webcomics market, so women tend to appreciate it when they see it, same as guys.

3) I believe this forum has more female readers than you think it does, albeit in the form of lurkers. Yeah, that's right -- we're out there, watching you . . . judging you . . . *G*

And now, back to lurking.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2002 5:06 pm 
Addict

Eh...the amount of people that post in forums tends to be low compared to the amount that actually read the comic.
The forum is probably more perverted than Poe's comics have been, so that skews forum participation somewhat...

"No one says a novel has to be one thing. It can be anything it wants to be, a vaudeville show, the six o'clock news, the mumblings of wild men saddled by demons." -Ishmael Reed

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3