ZOMBIE FORUMS

It's a stinking, shambling corpse grotesquely parodying life.
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:32 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2003 12:12 am 
Tourist

Yes, I know that we know virtually nothing about these two people, and that is exactly why I'm asking. You get more interesting possibilities with less hard information.
Also, and lets not use the obvious "Sarine's killing errants, so she starts to hunt down Meji cuz it turns out she's an errant too," bit. I want some interesting bits.

Oh, and I've been around this crowd for awhile (thought I just started posting), so lets avoid the lesbian themes. Those are a little too easy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2003 12:27 am 
Native

Location: An Unforgiving World Overrun by Poverty, Drug Abuse, Nepotism, and Ninjas...
Actually, I think Meji is Sarine's daughter. Call it a hunch.

* sarevock runs away from NebbieQ
<NebbieQ> But I just want to make you love me. ;_;

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2003 12:57 am 
Addict

sisters

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2003 4:27 am 
Addict

I assume you would mean "half sisters" as Sarine is full blooded elf, and Meji is half-elven... Though I still go with the "Meji is Sarine's daughter" angle...

-BiShouNenKaMi
Adamant until proven faulty. :grin:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2003 5:15 am 
n00b

Perhaps there's a sad tale behind Meji and Sarine, resulting in them being broken up and going their own separate ways.

<I>Meji stares at the distant stars glowing brightly among the dark night skies, while feeding Elis fresh tuna, as she refreshes her memories about the happy times she had with Sarine...</I>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2003 7:07 am 
Tourist

I wouldn't think that she would being Sarine's daughter, being that when she was talking with the professor, he talked about how she came from a well established family. From the earlier flashback scenery, it appeared that Sarine and her companion were far away from civilization, because Elf and Human relations were taboo at the time. Since the outcasted Sarine would have been ousted from any position of importance, it is unlikely that an offspring would hold any power through family connections. Summing up, I doubt that Meji would be Sarine's offspring, unless the family that spawned Sarine would accept her back in after half-elves were acceptable again.

Meh, now looking at this I have to think about the chronological order of "I used to believe..." and PMC. (Hmmm... What if the third letter somehow involved the letter "S"... *shrugs). My guess is that she would be a half sister, as the setting for PMC would seem to agree with the enviroment (pre-purges) that Sarine alluded to. If Meji had indeed started the war in her project, Sarine would lose her place in society, due to the family connection.

Meh, my logic isn't to coherent, but I'll try to sum up. Sarine is born, then Meji, Meji tries her project, starts a war, Sarine has her baby. *Reads through, attempting to filter out the gibberish.*
*Deletes post*
I don't think they're directly related, but if they were, that'd be my guess.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2003 7:53 am 
Addict

What about... in a momant of love for her newborn child, Sarine gave her up to a well-to-do family, believing that by having put her in a "rich home", her child may have a better chance of living, and that if need be, the rich parents pay someone off... *shrugs*

Adoption isn't all that uncommon, back then...

-BiShouNenKaMi
Or hey... Meji is <i>Sarine's</i> mother... whacked out of time by the project. *laughs* Though I doubt one can get a true elf from a half elf. :grin:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2003 8:15 am 
Tourist

*Shrugs* It may be possible, if the new family passed off baby Meji as their own, but something bothers me about that.

*Re-reads his post, reads "momant of love," and laughs histerically.*

This thought popped into my head: "Hello, I'm Hans Momant. Good Momant to you." *coughs* So, um, I guess it's possible. That Meji would be adopted, that is. Can't find a reason against it, but it doesn't sit right with me. As for Meji being Sarine's mother... What if, after über-Meji blows everything up, half-elf could become full elf, cause no one could prove differently, cause all the elves died or something...

Gah, I'm not making sense again.

*laughs* Good Momant to you. Meh, it's too late to do this, but oh well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2003 2:17 am 
Tourist

Yeah, I thought about the daughter angle, but I discarded it. Why? Well, Meji is still in what could be called highschool for mages, and Sarine was pregnant 2,000 years ago. So, either Meji is 2,000 years old, or Elves have the longest f***ing gestation period ever heard of.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2003 2:28 am 
Addict

Who says that was 2000 years ago?

All we know for solid fact thus far timeline wise, is that Sarine kills Derren 2000 years after her talk on the hill while she was pregnant.

For all we know, this Meji arc, which we have yet to see Sarine in at all, could take place at any time within the 2000 years, after the death of Derren, or even before Sarine was even born.

Sure, locking down characters to relations is a bit presumptuous... but so is locking down a definite timeline until we have further information. *nods*

-BiShouNenKaMi
That's my story, and I'm stickin to it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2003 2:48 am 
Native

*sweatdrops and puts down the bondage gear*

Oh, you meant plot-wise... Um... I know, Sarine is Meji's father's brother's nephew's cousin's former roommate! Or something...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: kyhm on 2003-01-03 01:49 ]</font>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2003 3:16 am 
n00b

I feel that Meji is Sarines descendant, though more likely a great, great grandaughter or the like.

If Psychotic Mage Chick is set at the same time as the Derren episode, it's possible that Sarine will hear about Mejis project and come after her due to this.

(The earlier parts of the story give me the impression that Sarine is killing, not just errants, but the errants who're descended from her. The "I'm sorry" line could be to the memory of her dead husband for killing their own (great) grandchildren)

Just a feeling

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2003 4:04 am 
Tourist

Granted, it is presumptuous, but I never said that I believed any of the crap I said. I merely enjoy hearing myself speak. *Grins*

(As a side note, when do I pass the point when I am allowed to post new topics? Not as a hard and fast rule, but out of n00b courtesy.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2003 4:22 am 
Addict

Could always be something different, Like Meji has NOTHING to do with Sariene. Sariene's child died a long long time ago, but sariene still keeps the memory of her child close. then she meets Meji who by sheer coincedence (or call it 'anime coincedence') looks like/reminds her of her daughter

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2003 1:04 pm 
Addict

Meji could be Sarine's mother, since it's possibly that Sarine is *mostly* elven, as in 3/4, so that it would be barely noticeable. Though you'd need time travel, and ninjas, and the Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch to accomplish this...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2003 1:56 pm 
Tourist

Peanut butter and duct tape would also be required for that to work.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2003 2:17 pm 
Addict

NOT with the Holy Hand Grenade. I mean, come on, it killed the dreaded Rabbit of Caerbannog!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2003 2:29 pm 
Native

yeah, duct tape works wonders, you underestimate its power. if you dont want something to move use duct tape, if you do want something to move, use WD40....wright that down

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2003 5:55 am 
Addict

Quote:
On 2003-01-03 03:22, Edible Corpse wrote:
then she meets Meji who by sheer coincedence (or call it 'anime coincedence') looks like/reminds her of her daughter

got a question first.
Does Poe explain anywhere what the killing of Derren has to do with Meji?
Other than the fact that Sarine is capable of killing murderers and perhaps other criminals. (hate wondering if i just answered my own question)
i'm opting for the no relations between them. willing to believe Edible Corpse's Anime Coincidence that will cause them to meet.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2003 6:48 am 
Addict

just think aloud, i haven't properly read this thread, too early, but not dissing rince's colouring, but what coulour was sarine's husband' hair anyway, i mean in poe's mind, to rince, it was blondish, but it could have been a natural grey. i say that 'cause, i haven't seen a colour image of the guy by poe, so for me at least it's plausible, mmm, self satisfaction....

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next