ZOMBIE FORUMS

It's a stinking, shambling corpse grotesquely parodying life.
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:43 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2003 11:25 pm 
Addict

Quote:
On 2003-01-08 20:58, Eronarn wrote:
Mr. Ix, is that Ix as in the technological rivals of the Tleilaxu from Dune?

Who were named so because they come from the 9th planet of their system.

I believe they said that in Children of Dune. Either that or God Emperor. The original trilogy anyway

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2003 11:43 pm 
n00b

Tsuiraku is the city Meji lives in. If you remove the ellipses, you're left with "Even as big and important as Tsuiraku is, it's been over seventeen years since one came here," which is a clear indicator that it's a city.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2003 2:16 am 
Addict

What I got from that strip was that Tsuiraku and Veracia are both countries/kingdoms/what have you, and that Tsuiraku is where Meji is now. Tsuiraku seems to be a center for Mages, while from what we've heard about Vericia, it's not unlikely that it's full of Priests (Maintaining a full-blown god through magical means must take quite a few!) Thus, the Mage/Priest wars were simply a war between Tsuiraku and Veracia, and any allies they might have had. This would certainly explain why relations are still "strained" between the two, and also helps explain Prof. Yukiri's somewhat flippant attitude towards the Veracian's God.

Also, are the Veracians starting to remind anyone else of Terry Pratchett's Omnians(sp?) Granted, they both stem from the same source (i.e., mocking *certain* cultural institutions which shall remain nameless :) As usual, Poe's working on more than one level, letting the implications of the Veracians' practices say things he'd probably get a lot of hate mail for if he said them outright. From comments he's made, I would guess Poe is more or less an Agnostic, if not simply atheistic (although I've always found that last silly). Creating a fantasy world without real Gods is no easy task, so if that *is* what Poe's done, I gotta give him credit- Terry Pratchett more or less pulled it off, but his were basically created by the latent psychic power in all sentient beings (IIRC), and weren't really on purpose.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2003 4:13 am 
Native

Hey, at least we know Meji isn't Sarine's daughter.

ER

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2003 5:03 am 
Native

In regards to my name: Nope, never even thought about that in fact, even though I love the Dune series. Cool. Anyway, it's a shortened version of a MUD character I used to play, Ixyn NecOccisor.

As for the debate about Tsuiraku. I'd have to agree that it's a place, most likely the place Meji is.

Also, we're not totally certain that Sarine isn't her mother. A definite connection between the elf that knocked up the mage-chick and Meji hasn't come around yet, but yeah, it really seems that way. Also, my brain is fuzzed right now, being 3am, but are we sure Meji is only half-elf? *Shrug* I could look it up but I'm too tired, nighty night.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2003 11:40 am 
Addict

Location: Hanging in the endless void with nothing but entropy and fluff for company.
Yeah, the two thousand years later and seventeen years ago thing does kind of imply that Meji is not Sarine's daughter, although I was kind of hoping she was. Then again, maybe elven gestation periods are 1983 years long..? I doubt it, but it's possible... and it would explain why Sarine is flipping out, too! Lol... anyway, I should be working. Catch ya'll later.

Jin wrote:
...I cursed at the computer screen for an hour and a half while striking it with my genitals.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2003 11:54 am 
Native

Quote:
On 2003-01-09 04:03, Mr. Ix wrote:
In regards to my name: Nope, never even thought about that in fact, even though I love the Dune series. Cool. Anyway, it's a shortened version of a MUD character I used to play, Ixyn NecOccisor.

As for the debate about Tsuiraku. I'd have to agree that it's a place, most likely the place Meji is.

Also, we're not totally certain that Sarine isn't her mother. A definite connection between the elf that knocked up the mage-chick and Meji hasn't come around yet, but yeah, it really seems that way. Also, my brain is fuzzed right now, being 3am, but are we sure Meji is only half-elf? *Shrug* I could look it up but I'm too tired, nighty night.

And to think, I always thought you were Mr. 9...

I had a lengthy debate with Wicked Spider about the comic thus far, and we're quite confused. There really needs to be some time reference for "Psycho Mage Chick" before any speculation could make sense

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2003 2:39 pm 
Addict

Quote:
On 2003-01-09 10:40, Wrin wrote:
Yeah, the two thousand years later and seventeen years ago thing does kind of imply that Meji is not Sarine's daughter, although I was kind of hoping she was. Then again, maybe elven gestation periods are 1983 years long..? I doubt it, but it's possible... and it would explain why Sarine is flipping out, too!

Er, it's not *possible* for Sarine to be Meji's mother, since Meji's father is an Elf, and we already know she's only half-elvish. Personally, I'm leaning toward the "Meji is in Sarine's past and had something to do with starting the purges" theory, since the attitudes towards half-elves in her time don't seem to fit either of the periods we've seen Sarine in. Meji doesn't seem to be viewed as either a potentially dangerous Errant or a mythical creature that only exists in faerie tales. Of course, it's possible that she is in the same time, just separated by geography, but that doesn't seem as likely. Pity, though- I was hoping Meji would be able to join Sarine on her quest (then again, depending on the life spans of half-elves...)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2003 4:04 pm 
Addict

Hmm... Ix, you inspired me to change my location and signature. Congrats!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2003 10:24 pm 
Native

Quote:
On 2003-01-09 13:39, Wandering Idiot wrote:
Personally, I'm leaning toward the "Meji is in Sarine's past and had something to do with starting the purges" theory

That doesn't sound like a very viable theory, seeing as Meji's storyline takes place two thousand years after Sarine killed that one guy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2003 10:25 pm 
Addict

Time travel. It's ALL about time travel.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2003 12:55 am 
Addict

Quote:
On 2003-01-10 21:24, Kylaer wrote:
That doesn't sound like a very viable theory, seeing as Meji's storyline takes place two thousand years after Sarine killed that one guy.

Firstly, the killing took place 2000 years after Sarine was pregnant. Where the hell are you getting this information that Meji's arc is 2000 years after that? So this part is taking place 4000 years after Sarine sat on the hill chatting? I fuckin doubt it.

And secondly, we have no assurance at this time WHEN this Meji arc is taking place.

None.

-BiShouNenKaMi
Speculation, yes. Claiming fact, no.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2003 12:57 am 
Addict

For all we know, this could be separate dimensions that end up merging in some horrific cataclysm involving the rending of many souls. And time travel. And fruit bats.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2