ZOMBIE FORUMS

It's a stinking, shambling corpse grotesquely parodying life.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:07 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: Errant Story Board Protocol, A Friendly Guide (tm)
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 2:46 pm 
Addict

Hey folks, just because occasionally our off-topic rants, sidestepping images, and the fact that we all have the attention spans of OOH SHINEY! *lunges for the newest thread*

Sorry... where was I? Oh yes, Board Protocol (tm). Our other posts on the subject have been a bit confusing in the past, so I thought I'd lay down some guidelines for the confused n00b and confused regular alike. These are mere suggestions, not rules, but they might be a good idea to at least TRY to follow.

1) Please only post one thread per site update (ie: new comic, new newspost, new page, new quote). There are frequently races to have first post any time such an update occurs, so if it turns out that you lost... please delete the extra thread. Also, for the sake of clarity, try to include the date somewhere in the topic any time you start a thread for a new comic. Since different parts of the world use different date formats, it might be nice to date the threads using the same format used for the comics to avoid any confusion.

2) There is now a thread exclusively for posting fanart/giftart. By which I mean, just the image or link to the image. That doesn't mean you shouldn't feel free to start a new thread for the piece to call extra attention to it and to give board members the opportunity to tell you how much they love your work, or how the character should actually be naked, or how you really should have drawn them as a shemale, depending on who comments. It just means that because Poe is lazy and doesn't always check the board regularly, posting in the official thread will make sure that your piece eventually gets added to the giftart page.

3) There are other boards for other discussions. This board is for discussion of Errant Story. Please make sure your posts usually relate, and check the main forum index (there's a link at the top and bottom of every page, so no excuses) to make sure a post shouldn't actually be on some other part of the forum.

4) You might want to check for existing threads before starting a new one.

5) If you're new to the board... be careful about what you say and how. VERY careful... the regulars here are not nice just for the hell of it and do not see any reason to cut you slack just because you're new.

6) No signature should be more than 90 px high. We like to keep the board discussion moving, and large signatures have tended to throw it off-track in more ways than one.

7) Kyhm's has forum-wide rules. Read them and follow them.

That is all.

^-^'

Edit: Wait, no, that isn't all. There is ONE hard and fast rule here on the Errant Story boards... don't piss off Impy. It results in locked threads, deleted posts, and other nasty stuff.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ]