ZOMBIE FORUMS

It's a stinking, shambling corpse grotesquely parodying life.
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:34 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 9:34 am 
Local

For some reason, I don't think she's about to crisp him. The fact that she asked him what the f* he was doing means she probably wants some answers first. I'm betting she's laying a subduing spell of some sort or a truth spell to get those answers. Then she'll probably place a memory charm on him so he's none the wiser.

If he attacked her to protect something, then there are probably others that the group will eventually run into as well. If he were to go missing or killed, that will alert those others. The last thing Sarine wants to do is alert other elves that she's lurking in the forest...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 9:40 am 
Addict

She's probably just temporarily blinding him. That should incapacitate him enough for her to get answers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 11:34 am 
Tourist

Attitude Adjustment Spell, definatly.. definatly... :o

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 11:52 am 
n00b

A topic title that does not contain the phrase "your head a splode"? I have just lost a bet with my cat.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 12:02 pm 
Expatriate

Location: Screaming obsenities regarding untestable C++ software.
If he's really lucky, she could be injecting the memories that she stole from Jon.

:D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 1:13 pm 
Local

MarkusN wrote:
Kinda ironic. Now he has a reason for all those bandages.

Just what I was thinking. Poetic irony.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 1:40 pm 

I bet she's eating his brain.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 2:43 pm 
Expatriate

Personally, I don't think it's Melrin. Probably one of his associates...
I think Melrin might have simply been a scout, somebody to check out what's going on and fill in the real guard.

Then again, I'm not in the best thinking state right now, so I'm probably overlooking some critically important clue which basically states that it is (and probably something so obvious as Poe himself saying that, yes, it's Melrin) so completely disregard this entire comment and simply point and laugh.

Because you are the mal-whored bastard child of some pimp's wet cat.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 3:04 pm 
Addict

Corpse Child wrote:
So much for talking it out over a nice cup of tea. I guess it's better to do away with someone so malicious than to bother reasoning with them.

Sarine's reflex call, one way or another. He's still got a light-saber in his free hand; she's fighting with one arm half-lopped off and no weapon in the other arm.

Under other circumstances, Sarine might bag him and interrogate him quietly. She is probably pretty good at it.

Also noted: she's badly hurt and fighting Melrin just outside a bar full of his friends.

"We are not going to die! And do you know why? Because Thomas is too pretty to die. And because I'm too stubborn to die. And most of all because tomorrow is Oktoberfest, Butters, and <i>polka will never die!</i>"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 3:47 pm 
Tourist

I wonder if she has a handy spell for getting brains and blood out of leather?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 5:53 pm 
Addict

Boss Out of Town wrote:
Corpse Child wrote:
So much for talking it out over a nice cup of tea. I guess it's better to do away with someone so malicious than to bother reasoning with them.

Sarine's reflex call, one way or another. He's still got a light-saber in his free hand; she's fighting with one arm half-lopped off and no weapon in the other arm.

Under other circumstances, Sarine might bag him and interrogate him quietly. She is probably pretty good at it.

Also noted: she's badly hurt and fighting Melrin just outside a bar full of his friends.

I know, he started it after all. She was actually going to do it the civilized way but then Freak-Boy here had to start something, probably out of paranoia. "Well Gee, no other Elves have come by in a while, so she must be after what I'm protecting that know one else is aware of. Destroy!"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 6:39 pm 

we're assuming he's alone, too.

"No, I don't know about any ruins (except of course that ancient Elven monastery-thingamajig where we're researching magic that was banned a long time ago)! None at all!"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 6:53 pm 
Local

snowden wrote:
I have just lost a bet with my cat.

This amuses me far far more then it should. Iam currently giggling like a schoolgirl.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 7:30 pm 
Local

See, I don't think it is so much of a lets-explode-the-crazy-elven-bastard's-head spell. I would see it as more of a calm-the-crazy-elven-bastard-down, because if you think about it Sarine has been *really* level-headed this entire battle.

When she first saw it was Melrin, she knocked him back to get a few seconds to think, take it all in. He has a Lancea Blade, something she probably knew would tear apart her weapons with any extended contact, and both of her weapons are shorter(if any of you have ever sparred with someone wielder longer blades than you, you know the only viable technique you usually have, unless you are *much* better than them, is to parry their weapon(s) out of the way, get in close and tear them up, she knew she did not have this option), so she knew she would have to accept a hit or two to injure him, then do the best she could to stun him. The hit she took on her shoulder was more than worth it, especially after her healing, just to give her something she could exploit. Then, she deliberately hit that wound several more times to make sure she would be reacted faster than he was, and is now going in to deliver a stun-the-CRAP-out-of-you kind of spell. I dunno, it makes sense to me. I mean, her actions have not seemed in the *least* irrational, so I would assume she would rather interrogate him.

onion wrote:
Yup, round here we call this 'fishing for whores'...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 7:47 pm 
Local

Or, and just to be crazy here, maybe these forest elf dudes are protecting the last secret sanctuary of the Errants, an "endangered species" if you will.

So no shit, some Ranger comes along shes gonna get beat down.

And, hell, what with Sarine's growing affection (?) for Meji, the dissaperance of that other errant kid, hell, it might even work out.

Time mages go on a rampage, Elves can't stop 'em, Errants save the day?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 8:03 pm 
Expatriate

PWNED

sorry. first thing that came to mind when i saw the last panel

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 8:38 pm 
Local

Guys, he's dead. And yes, Sarine has a problem. Restless natives isn't even going to begin to describe how this can go. And likely now there's going to be weeks of forest-crawl comics after all.

On the bright side, she'll probably be getting a Lancea blade out of this. Now that's trading up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 9:42 pm 
Tourist

PsionicsNOTMagic wrote:
Is it just me, or does she look a little insane in that one panel?

I'd say just pretty angry, though she folded him up with great style.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 6:41 am 
Addict

Arkat wrote:
PsionicsNOTMagic wrote:
Is it just me, or does she look a little insane in that one panel?

I'd say just pretty angry, though she folded him up with great style.

Er . . . add in agonizing pain, fear, desperation, betrayal, the stink of her own burning flesh and the ripping and tearing sensation as a red-hot blade almost slices her in half, the heat of her own blood splattering across her bare skin, the screaming adrenalin surge as she lifts a 200 lb elf over her head and hurls him to the ground.

Yup, at this moment in time, I don't think Sarine is At One With the Force.

"We are not going to die! And do you know why? Because Thomas is too pretty to die. And because I'm too stubborn to die. And most of all because tomorrow is Oktoberfest, Butters, and <i>polka will never die!</i>"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 7:03 am 
n00b

Intentionally or not, the Fullmetal Alchemist parallels just keep on coming...

Seriously, she looks to be channeling the spirit of Scar in those last two frames.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next