ZOMBIE FORUMS

It's a stinking, shambling corpse grotesquely parodying life.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:54 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 11:20 pm 
Expatriate

It's from Doukutsu Monogatari, or Cave Story as some call it.
This one in particular is of Curly Brace.

¯\(o_°)/¯

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 4:12 am 
Expatriate

Doukutsu Monogatari, or Cave Story

Thanks, I was wondering about the same thing, surprised I didn't ask first. Bet it'll be a great read (if as I think it is, it's free), thanks!
Hmmm, seems like a game, but the graphics don't match. Got to look more closely for Curly Brace particularly.

Ah too bad, no associated litterature.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 7:39 am 
Expatriate

Actually, it is a game. It's the first thing you'll find if you google 'Cave Story', most likely.

The avatar is just fanart, it's not official graphics. The story's pretty solid though, and the gameplay is challenging. Don't let the DOS-era graphics turn you off, heh.

¯\(o_°)/¯

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 3:45 pm 
n00b

BloodHenge wrote:
In one of our games, my bardbarian got set up on a blind date with a half-orc who had Exotic Weapon Proficiency in both "Table" and "Gnome"... and had the opportunity to employ both feats in one encounter.

In another campaign, our bardruid wound up in a vampire sandwich.

I'm almost afraid to ask but... between two vampires, or lunch for a vampire?

In the game I'm running, I'm just waiting to hit the temple of Olidammara with a few Meteor Storms... the PCs have been too good at disrupting Vecna's plots, and it's time for the battle to come to a bit of a head...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 7:17 pm 
Local

The group was at a dinner party, and the bard/druid had the highest charisma of all the males there. (The sorceress had nearly twice his Charisma, but she wasn't a guy.) So these two ladies start flirting with him, and he follows them into the library-- apparently, the customary place for couples or groups to disappear into at events like this. They pull him over to a secluded corner, tear his shirt and armor off, and bite him. Fortunately, they weren't actually trying to kill him-- or maybe it's just that their grapple rolls sucked more than they did. Also fortunately, our cleric had prepared a Restoration spell.

In other words, between two vampires and lunch for a vampire.

Incidentally, before becoming a vampire sandwich, the bard/druid also heard a couple of NPCs who had arrived in the library before him-- confirming his suspicion of what people did in the library during get-togethers like the one we were attending-- but he didn't see them. We learned later-- from the cleric, who had cast True Seeing some time earlier-- that the reason they were heard and not seen is because someone had made rather creative use of an Invisibility spell.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 5:49 am 
Local

But that wouldn't work! Invisibility is dispelled anytime you do something that requires you to make an "attack roll"

*snicker*

onion wrote:
Yup, round here we call this 'fishing for whores'...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 6:55 am 
Local

Only if you attack a "foe"...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 9:07 am 
Local

Ok, for all my future posts I will display a *******SARCASM ALERT********** Tag, for those of you who need it. Think about it long enough, and you'll get it.

onion wrote:
Yup, round here we call this 'fishing for whores'...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 11:55 am 
Local

Trust me, I get the joke. I just take the "straight man" routine a bit too far sometimes.

Incidentally, later on at the same party, all Hell essentially broke loose. A contingent of Githyanki attacked (along with a mature adult red dragon), and then we were competing with no less than three rival mercenery companies trying to get no less than two major artifact weapons stored in our host's vault. Needless to say, by the end of the night, our resources were a little drained. In our last battle, the entire party was unconscious except for me, a level 10 psion with no power points left. (If you don't know psionics, picture a level 10 wizard with no spells.) Since we were surrounded by about a half dozen members of the Sisterhood of Steel, an all-female mercenery company, I dropped my crossbow and surrendered. I believe my exact words were, "They don't pay me enough to get killed." (Theoretically, they do, but I didn't want them to know that.) The ladies were nice enough not to kill any of my unconscious comrades and, while we were waiting for their boss to decide what to do with us, I turned to one of them and asked, "So, does one need to be born female to join the Sisterhood?"

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3