ZOMBIE FORUMS

It's a stinking, shambling corpse grotesquely parodying life.
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:32 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: 8/9/06 Greasing the slide down
PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 11:10 pm 
Local

...Or they could just be hanging him out to dry. Sucks to be Jon Amraphel.

EDIT: Well, overlord has rights. Delete your post and I can kill the thread.

Last edited by normalphil on Tue Aug 08, 2006 11:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 11:11 pm 
Addict

Location: In front of the computer, doing things best left undescribed
FUCK YOU PHIL!

*drives a mecha through normalphil's house*

Pyro: Noun. Practicioner of the ancient and gentle arts of burning shit down and blowing shit up.

DNI'd by actor_au

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 6:00 am 
Local

Just for the above comment, I'm posting here instead. :p

I wonder if they have red shirts in Jon's size at the assassin's commisary. Sarine had better find Jon soon or else she had better be proficient at necrophilia, er, necromancy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 7:06 am 
Local

Eh, I'm not to worried. After all, Jon is a main character, and main characters NEVER get killed. Ever.

Post subject: Posting here because this thread has a date.
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 9:09 am 
Addict

Location: Nyon, CH, near Geneve, on the shores of the Lac Leman. The heart of Suisse Romande.
It looks like I was correct. Jon is being 'used' like a condom.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 11:50 am 
Expatriate

Rubber Band Man wrote:
Eh, I'm not to worried. After all, Jon is a main character, and main characters NEVER get killed. Ever.

Except by Poe, who has a reputation. There <a href="http://forums.kyhm.com/viewtopic.php?t=8520">used to be</a> a main character called Bush.

<a href="http://forums.kyhm.com/viewtopic.php?t=9393">DNI'ed</a> by Impy <a href="http://forums.kyhm.com/viewtopic.php?t=9340&start=22">while</a> being <a href="http://forums.kyhm.com/viewtopic.php?t=9372&start=30">initiated</a> by Insane_Megalamaniac.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 12:49 pm 
Local

Not only do I think Rubber Band Man was a bit sarcastic, but I don't really think Bush makes a good example for Poe ignoring plot armor. It was the end of the story. That's when main characters die. Going for the unexpected is why Jon is in danger.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 2:15 pm 
Local

Being expendable sucks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 5:07 pm 
Local

Gambit3le wrote:
Being expendable sucks.

Hate to tell you, but we're <i>all</i> expendable.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 5:11 pm 
Local

That is why its SO good to carry a dead man switch, and lots and lots of bombs. The whole "taking you down with me" thing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 5:44 pm 
Addict

Location: In front of the computer, doing things best left undescribed
Rubber Band Man wrote:
That is why its SO good to carry a dead man switch, and lots and lots of bombs. The whole "taking you down with me" thing.

*adjusts the the range on his scope for slightly farther accuracy*

Pyro: Noun. Practicioner of the ancient and gentle arts of burning shit down and blowing shit up.

DNI'd by actor_au

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 6:24 pm 
Expatriate

Insane_Megalamaniac wrote:
Rubber Band Man wrote:

*adjusts the the range on his scope for slightly farther accuracy*

*confirms that the explosive charges concealed in all of IM's weapons and hideouts are still active and responding to the dead man switch*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 10:32 pm 
Addict

You know you are carrying enough explosives when the other guy actually has to shoot through the earth's surface to get to you without being within your blast radius. Gotta love the horizon, baby.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 1:28 am 
Expatriate

Sarine, then Jon...looks like everyone's about to get swept off their feet by the Carpet, of BETRAYAL! *dun dundun DUUUUUN*

This post has been brought to you by:

[EDIT - 5PM the next evening] Ouch - I should've cooked the chicken I ate for dinner last night a little longer, methinks.

Last edited by Relica Religia on Thu Aug 10, 2006 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 6:01 am 
Addict

Hmm, thing to note that despite being lovably cynical and not being too devout a follower, Jon still has serious qualms about assassinating priests. Mother probably tried to raise him as a good Veracian boy. Makes me wonder if we're going to see the religious aspect get a bit more play.

Second thought. The bosses are pretty damn smart though. Smart enough to see it's probably a trap, but knowing that probably isn't certainly, and if you gamble against the odds, you stand to gain a lot. And heck, even if it IS a trap, if Jonnie boy comes out on top of time-ninjas with the element of surprise, the Veracian Church might consider putting their 'faith' in the Gewehr rather than the Insignerum. Especially after the head of the Church got scandalized by the imperatrix.

Wait, this isn't chewing gum!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 10:09 am 
Local

Rand Al'Tor wrote:
Hmm, thing to note that despite being lovably cynical and not being too devout a follower, Jon still has serious qualms about assassinating priests. Mother probably tried to raise him as a good Veracian boy. Makes me wonder if we're going to see the religious aspect get a bit more play.

My favourite ES conceit is that the Veracian Church, contrary to snarkiness by an endless parade of major and minor characters that happen to also be full of themselves, actually has a pretty damn good idea as to what the hell they're talking about. Watch Luminosita turn out to be the never-seen elven Death-god or something that a bunch of recently-disposesed from elven civilization humans found dying in a swamp somewhere and nursed back to health.

Rand Al'Tor wrote:
Second thought. The bosses are pretty damn smart though. Smart enough to see it's probably a trap, but knowing that probably isn't certainly, and if you gamble against the odds, you stand to gain a lot. And heck, even if it IS a trap, if Jonnie boy comes out on top of time-ninjas with the element of surprise, the Veracian Church might consider putting their 'faith' in the Gewehr rather than the Insignerum. Especially after the head of the Church got scandalized by the imperatrix.

Only they seem to have decided to give Jon no backup. At all. His ill-used ass is swinging in the wind. Jon's dogmeat. He's got Ellis as a spoiler and there's a chance it's him that Sarine decided to track down before going after Ian and Meji, but it isn't looking good for the Amraphel boy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 10:31 am 
Addict

Location: Nyon, CH, near Geneve, on the shores of the Lac Leman. The heart of Suisse Romande.
Rubber Band Man wrote:

You've been reading/watching too much StarTrek. In the average Japanese drama, some of the main characters get whacked first, or they suicide in the end --- the noble self-sacrifice, japanese audiences LOVE that!

Hitchcock also occasionally tended to off one or two main chars.

Not everything is written to StarTrek standards.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 10:49 pm 
Expatriate

Rubber Band Man wrote:

Someone's never read A Song of Ice and Fire.

EDIT: Oh man, I'm the Master Lurker in the thread right now. Someone with a lower Posts-Per-Day better get in here quick!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 7:41 pm 
Tourist

Aiseirigh wrote:
Rubber Band Man wrote:

Someone's never read A Song of Ice and Fire.

EDIT: Oh man, I'm the Master Lurker in the thread right now. Someone with a lower Posts-Per-Day better get in here quick!

You rang ?

I'm with the others... Jon's got no plot protection. If he doesn't have religion.. he's gonna need to find some soon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 4:19 am 
Expatriate

onivel wrote:
Aiseirigh wrote:

You rang ?

He wrote "Posts-Per-Day". His PPD is 0.06, your's is 0.56.

<a href="http://forums.kyhm.com/viewtopic.php?t=9393">DNI'ed</a> by Impy <a href="http://forums.kyhm.com/viewtopic.php?t=9340&start=22">while</a> being <a href="http://forums.kyhm.com/viewtopic.php?t=9372&start=30">initiated</a> by Insane_Megalamaniac.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next