ZOMBIE FORUMS

It's a stinking, shambling corpse grotesquely parodying life.
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:33 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 2:14 pm 
Addict

Reason wrote:
Yes, nothing calms down a housecat more than a shotgun.

How do you tell if a thin red mist is calm or not?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 2:15 pm 
Addict

Housecats are easy to conquer... one merely needs a towel and the ability to wrap a cat like a burrito.

Except for my cat Charlie Chaplin (the older one), who is so small and agile that she can squirm out of just about anything. On the other hand, Charlie has a weakness for belly rubbings, so she's usually pretty docile unless you're putting her in a cage. This isn't really a problem... she's very well behaved if you let her ride on your lap and/or head while you drive so she can see out the window.

^-^'

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 2:19 pm 
Local

I assume anything that isn't crying or moving a whole lot is calm.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 12:21 am 
Local

That's usually a safe assumption, but sometimes they're merely seething with barely concealed rage...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 9:26 am 
Expatriate

I can't help thinking that training giant cats is easier than training small ones. You can see plenty of trained tigers or lions in circus. You can also see trained dogs, in circus or elsewhere. But a trained house cat?

You don't TRAIN a house cat. You more suggest and know you'll be ignored.

<a href="http://forums.kyhm.com/viewtopic.php?t=9393">DNI'ed</a> by Impy <a href="http://forums.kyhm.com/viewtopic.php?t=9340&start=22">while</a> being <a href="http://forums.kyhm.com/viewtopic.php?t=9372&start=30">initiated</a> by Insane_Megalamaniac.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 9:43 am 
Local

My friend had a cat that he trained to bring him his clothing from the drier.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 9:50 am 
Addict

Every housecat in every single commercial ever has been trained.

^-^'

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 11:54 am 
Addict

dubioso wrote:
I can't help thinking that training giant cats is easier than training small ones. You can see plenty of trained tigers or lions in circus. You can also see trained dogs, in circus or elsewhere. But a trained house cat?

You don't TRAIN a house cat. You more suggest and know you'll be ignored.

No, people just don't bother to train house cats.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 12:37 pm 
Expatriate

Imp-Chan wrote:
Every housecat in every single commercial ever has been trained.

Ok, that is convincing :-) But I'm sure it's much trickier to train house cats than GIANT... ehm, regular... poodles! :roll:

<a href="http://forums.kyhm.com/viewtopic.php?t=9393">DNI'ed</a> by Impy <a href="http://forums.kyhm.com/viewtopic.php?t=9340&start=22">while</a> being <a href="http://forums.kyhm.com/viewtopic.php?t=9372&start=30">initiated</a> by Insane_Megalamaniac.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 3:18 pm 
Tourist

Actually, I saw a trained housecat at the Moscow circus. They had him working alongside rats, jumping hoops covered with paper and such. I don't remember the rats doing anything but sitting on the ends of little poles looking appetizing... though they were actually about half as big as the cat was, so they might not have been very tempting in the first place... but in any case, it was pretty impressive that he actually had the cat following orders.

The cat trainer was better than the tiger trainer. That guy was a jerk. He kept hitting the tigers with the hard side of a brass-ended crop. Totally unnecessary. The last thing you want a tiger to realize is how much weaker you are than them... plus also, it made him look like a jerk. And the tigers really hated him, you could tell.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 11:16 pm 
Tourist

BloodHenge wrote:
Spoat wrote:
I dunno, when my cat was in his younger days he'd routinely outfight both myself and my dad by dint of moving faster and being nastier. Have you ever tried to grab an enraged housecat? Wherever you stick your hand, there's usually a claw or five there to meet it. Also, they twist around all crazy and bite and stuff.

I have scars, no joke.

You apparently don't like cat scratches and bites as much as I do. I seldom have trouble grabbing even an enraged housecat. But, if the claws and teeth bother you that much, remember humanity's primary evolutionary advantage: Tools.

For some reason the image that pops to mind is a gigantic pair of tongs.

My old cat isn't one of the annoying ones, merely incredibly stupid*, and drooly, and when you've got him purring he grabs hold. That last one's sort of annoying. Of course, we also have an Australian Shepard, with way to much energy, and not quite enough to do with it, so Archie spends most of his time being the covert cat, lest she spot him and enact her form of ...play...

The funny thing is, every so often, he just gets wild hair and goes tearing around the house yelling from the chair tops, and the dog just sits there watching him with a very confused expression on her face.

*Stupid, as in, when we moved he couldn't find his food stupid.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2