ZOMBIE FORUMS

It's a stinking, shambling corpse grotesquely parodying life.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:23 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 8:59 am 
Expatriate

Reason wrote:
Well, the only thing Jon has going for him is the element of surprise,...
And Warrel and Sara know Jon's there, so the element of surprise is no longer a factor. Jon's fawked.

Do not underestimate the power of Jon. Maybe he's rigged all the roof with explosives so Warrel has nowhere to run to. Or he's gonna anticipate where Warrel will go to avoid the first shot and shoots there before he actually is there. Or he's gonna use Ellis as a self-guiding projectile... ok, rather not. Maybe there is a crowd in which time ninjas can not use their magic efficiently.

<a href="http://forums.kyhm.com/viewtopic.php?t=9393">DNI'ed</a> by Impy <a href="http://forums.kyhm.com/viewtopic.php?t=9340&start=22">while</a> being <a href="http://forums.kyhm.com/viewtopic.php?t=9372&start=30">initiated</a> by Insane_Megalamaniac.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 11:05 am 
Local

Rubber Band Man wrote:
She's just resting!

Anyways, the real problem is Sara might HATE her brother, and this is kind of a boon for her. Thats bad news for the Ninja-group, cause that means it really wasn't anything hard to do the job, and not a real test of loyalty. Maybe they should leave 20 bucks laying around and see if she takes it...

I beleif Sara has made up her mind already she is just waiting for the right moment, as anxious and hottempered and impatient as she is, this is something different its just something that flows naturally to their own places u know, gradually

It is understandable if she is tired and needs to rest but anyways I know that her emotionelessness is because of the tremendous trauma and a situation where she was completely disarmed and without a clue. The foundation of her existance (even if it was just an illusion in her head it was the only reality to her that she knew) was taken away from her completely because she had had too much confidence in her brother like almost he had become her father and then just vanished in front of her, only the covers were still there but the content was gone forever.

The blankness was what she felt inside for real, there was a total blankness inside her and she needed to reconstract everything in her mind to make sense of things again. She knew long ago what she wanted to do in the future but she had to re-explain herself the past again so that it would no more hunt her, also this time she didnt want to be initiated again she wanted to create a world where she was completely alone and when she needed quidance she could rely on her own sense of judgement.

But not being used to this she needed a long process of growing into this and that was not very easy thing for her since she didnt even know how she got into the blank state at first place - it was a great mystery to her and she felt like she could never ask anybody because nobody would understand or could make use of that blankness= vounerable state of mind easy to be influenced by anything.

Jon was not really in a spirit he was a man of his own and had never been initiated into anything, growing independently all his life it could be miracle if he ever understood even what sara was going through why they even ever met each other doesnt make any sense

I dont really know how the story continues from here, Im not seeing the uniting factors or the crucial elements to create a driving force for Sara wanting to go anywhere from here, maybe she's been scared for life where she now wants to keep low profile for the rest of her life as she was now haunted by vision of herself being a bird ripped off all the feathers from her and nowhere to hide.

She didnt even know the type of feathers she was suppose to wear or could she crow her own or how would it then go- after all the mother was not God and was not going to grow those feathers for her

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 12:53 pm 
Addict

Reason wrote:
But since sound travels faster than bullets [. . .]

Uh, no. Maybe if we were talking about some sort of musket, but I don't believe that's the case.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 2:07 pm 
Local

It is. If a bullet traveled faster than the speed of sound every bullet would create a sonic boom. Even high-calibur sniper rifles fired from 400 meters away, the sound will reach the target .4 seconds before the bullet.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 2:20 pm 
Green Text

*insert Ash with boomstick macro here*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 5:43 pm 
Local

I was pretty sure that some bullets were faster than sound, but others weren't...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 5:50 pm 
Local

Its not like it matters anyways, a Time Ninja was shot, and he wasn't able to time ninja away fast enough, even though the gun had to reload, fire, and get to him again. I think if they want to save this guy,they'll just clock john before the target gets in, since T-ninjas can prolly find him if they are looking for him.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 7:34 pm 
Addict

Kestenvarn wrote:
*insert Ash with boomstick macro here*

:o I read that as "broomstick" at first and I thought you'd suddenly gotten very hostile.

"We are not going to die! And do you know why? Because Thomas is too pretty to die. And because I'm too stubborn to die. And most of all because tomorrow is Oktoberfest, Butters, and <i>polka will never die!</i>"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 9:31 pm 
Addict

Speed of sound: around 1,100 feet per second. The muzzle velocity of an Ar-15: 3,199 ft/s.

Just sightly faster.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 2:58 am 
Tourist

Sair wrote:
Speed of sound: around 1,100 feet per second. The muzzle velocity of an Ar-15: 3,199 ft/s.

The sound of a time-monk's skull exploding on collision with high-calliber bullets: Priceless.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3