ZOMBIE FORUMS

It's a stinking, shambling corpse grotesquely parodying life.
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:15 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 1:09 pm 
Local

Wait, Saras 21? That mean she's been with the kick-ass ninjas for about nine or ten years, if she was 12 or so when she was picked up. I really doubt that she's going to get all teary eyed at the thought of killing someone who, pretty much, ditched her.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 1:41 pm 
Local

Boss Out of Town wrote:
Be funny if Jon manages to capture Sara, then has to figure out how to shackle her and contain her powers whilst winning her affection and keeping her away from both the monks and the Gewehr.

Does this involve straps, candles and a leather whip?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 2:32 pm 
Local

Rubber Band Man wrote:
Wait, Saras 21? That mean she's been with the kick-ass ninjas for about nine or ten years, if she was 12 or so when she was picked up. I really doubt that she's going to get all teary eyed at the thought of killing someone who, pretty much, ditched her.

Amen ! She appeared to have so much faith in him, maybe its because they departed from the rest of the family together and Sara was all devoted to the new seremonies and ideas that were carrieng them forward independent and apart without the previous blood bonds (=curses)

However when he (the brother) ditched her there appeared to be something else too that she realised or that took off the "garment of faith" or something, while she was loyal to the their beleifs the brother was playing two faced game and was never that deep into the thing that he was pretending to be.

When she realised this it made her not trust him anymore, he was now the anti statement of his own preachings of how you cannot serve two masters- the worse- she realised this "nobel" man, her brother she has looked up to had no master at all - that is why it was so easy for him to conveniently switch from one thing to another.

Where is he getting his strenght then, she spent millions of sleepless nights thinking where he belongs to and concluded, where ever his spirit truly is, he will never let me in to it, I dont belong there, he will always share something with somebody he will always rely on somebody and I will never have access to it, when she realised this her brother became disowned in her mind. She realised she had not feelings for him anymore because he was nothing she thought he is, she didnt even know him, he was a total stranger to her now as painful as this realisation felt like.

if he cant beleif in anything he had said this far how could she ever beleif in him again in anything ever ?

This was now the second time it was happening to her, the first time was with her parents now the second time she seemed to have been receiving that emotional bond from her brother and was clinking into him like he was the last person in the world, now it had been too emotionally hard for her to accept this painful reality that she dont truly have anybody to rely on in times of trouble

She had lost faith in people who were suppose to be the closest , who she is suppose to be able to rely on but constantly one after another chose somebody else over her and once more she felt like she is a stranger with no one to really rely on

The bond, the fake bond she had created with her "brother" never was there to begin with but was just an illusion in her head, the illusion which the brother to his own convenience fed.

Now, after all she's been through ....where could she find people who would be able to relate to her, people who were ready to fight their destiny but knew they could not be able to do it all by themselves alone but needed others of their kind to unite their forces ??

People who were not ready to go down by the arrogance of the spoilt sheltered children, Sara was a proud human being and was not ready to settle for less than any of these spoilt noisy arrogant brats that she knew.

She had have a vision ever since her childhood that one day her path will lead to a king's palace and all those people that once had rejected her will now come bowing down to her and she will see them all now with new eyes, no more being the abandoned but now elevated and exalted enough to see these people she once relied on - in entirely different light.

When she looked at them she no more saw people who coldbloodedly dumbed her on the side of the road but as mere miserable "mentally handicapped" humans that were doing the best they could which was not a lot, she no more felt hatred or bitterness and anger but her heart had calmed down and matured and wise and she knew it was good for her and her kingdom's prosperity and progress to bless them that cursed her.

Why do I see that they depart with Jon and he went about his own business became the king, they meet each other again the old fire gets gasoline and starts flaming while she become the new Queen of the Kingdom

At some point of her being there beside of her Royal King she finally realises how big a blessing it had been that she was abandoned at first place, because that freed her from the mental handicappedness that she would have othervice been pabtised to as the only alternative the people of her origin really knew to hand over.

This final realisation was the final crucial step of breaking her mental chains to her stammering gloomy greyscale unclear blurred smudgy shameful past that had tied her down till then.

Do you think she will ever still get acknowledgement or blessings from her mother even if she saw that she was no more under the spell of her tribe, will the mother feel herself humiliated or vounerable and that is why would keep her distance of her ?

Or do you see that their relationship warmed and grew on different bases now the mother respecting her as grown up woman with different independent ideas and choices that should be acknowledged as good, accepting them even as they were not the same as her's or were not what she would have maybe truly want ?

Did she has plans and she found somebody else to do those things her heart desired "a heriditary" fully comprehensively seamlessly and perfectly pabtised to her tribal convictions and beleifs and will that make her lost interest in her as unreachable no more under her control even make her feel like Sara is no more her daughter because of this

Regardless of how big she was in the world, will this stain always be shadowing her happiness where ever she went and no matter what happiness she was going to experience in her life ?

Could she find a black magic doctor to impact her mother with a different type of strenght that was gettings its power from another energy source not left feeling depended on the spirit that she had to shelter her children with ?

Are you able to see a solution to this dilemma ?

Last edited by egets on Wed Aug 23, 2006 2:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 2:34 pm 
Expatriate

I found it more interesting that Warrel seemed more bothered about Sara having to kill her brother than she was. I'm wondering if Warrel will have enough of a problem with it to stop Sara.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 2:44 pm 
Local

Pfft. Yeah right.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 3:30 pm 
Tourist

Actually, she seems to be reacting in a pretty reasonable and predictable fasion. She's been intensely trained to be subservient and kill on command, by people who have no qualms about beating the crap out of their students if they see fit. Reacting to such a situation by going completely blank on the surface is probably the best survival tactic there is in a case like that. Pretty standard Adult Children of Alcoholics behavior there.

It seems most likely to me that her instincts are going to be telling her to follow through on this one. Screw familial loyalty. Jon isn't the one who spent 10 years beating her into dependent subservience. (or endowing her in return with l337 ninja powers, for that matter.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 5:54 pm 
Local

You know, I would really like something, or to be honest, ANYTHING that shows us just a bit of what Sara ever thinks. The only thing we've gotten so far is "I hate telepathy" and "Weird shit keeps happening, and now the headmaster wants to talk to me. I hope I'm not in trouble".

Really, for all we know, Sara is plotting world domination and the murder of everyone. Which would prolly put her in good standing with Anita, but thats a different topic.

Post subject: Re: Because he is my brother. 23-08-06
PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 6:12 pm 
Expatriate

Quote:
... when the time comes she can see that what KurtDunn suggested happens and kabab Warren herself.

Nah what I meant was that Warren will underestimate Jon the slightest bit, the man who's supposed to disable Jon for Sara, and be riddled with bullets.

Or as an extra twist, will not jump in when Sara expects him to disable Jon. To see if she can think under pressure, while conflicted, and in a crisis.

Who knows. Time-Warping ninjas are wierd.

But either way, Sara will have to make the conscious visceral acts of disabling/killing Jon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 6:56 pm 
Addict

Rubber Band Man wrote:
You know, I would really like something, or to be honest, ANYTHING that shows us just a bit of what Sara ever thinks. The only thing we've gotten so far is "I hate telepathy" and "Weird shit keeps happening, and now the headmaster wants to talk to me. I hope I'm not in trouble".

Really, for all we know, Sara is plotting world domination and the murder of everyone. Which would prolly put her in good standing with Anita, but thats a different topic.

That's what I'm thinking. To me, her blankness isn't necessarily an indication of her willingness to carry out her mission, but an indication that she's not going to show how, if at all, she feels about the situation. Sara is an emotional enigma, so I don't think her apathy can indicate anything at this point.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 8:36 pm 
Tourist

Wark wrote:
Rubber Band Man wrote:

That's what I'm thinking. To me, her blankness isn't necessarily an indication of her willingness to carry out her mission, but an indication that she's not going to show how, if at all, she feels about the situation. Sara is an emotional enigma, so I don't think her apathy can indicate anything at this point.

Yeah, that's what I'm sayin. Safer not to let anyone know you're plotting anyone's murder outside of people you've been ordered to murder. Blank's the way to go, either way.

I was just extrapolating that, from what little we've seen, her brainwashing's been pretty successful, and since she hasn't given us any indication to the contrary my guess is she'd be most likely to follow Programmer's Orders. Occam's Razor, etc., bla bla bla. Of course, she could just be that damn good at hiding it, which also wouldn't be surprising. And that doesn't even take into account the fact that she's a Main Character's sister, which throws the whole thing loopy.

My guess was just that at this point, the path of least resistance narratively and behaviorally is going to end up with her attempting to follow orders, but something Unexpected happening (f'rinstance an Elfin Ranger showing up to save the Assassin's fuzzy human ass) Instructor getting killed, Sara incapacitated. Mission Status: Failure; Conclusion: Disloyal Monkling; New Mission Objective: Remove Liability. That's just the easiest way out, though. You never know.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 8:47 pm 
Addict

spacecoyote_vega wrote:
My guess was just that at this point, the path of least resistance narratively and behaviorally is going to end up with her attempting to follow orders, but something Unexpected happening (f'rinstance an Elfin Ranger showing up to save the Assassin's fuzzy human ass)

It is cheering to many of us to fantasize that there are beautiful, powerful, immortal women who are fond of fuzzy male human asses.

Gimli Syndrome, I guess you'd call it.

"We are not going to die! And do you know why? Because Thomas is too pretty to die. And because I'm too stubborn to die. And most of all because tomorrow is Oktoberfest, Butters, and <i>polka will never die!</i>"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 10:11 pm 
Tourist

Boss Out of Town wrote:
spacecoyote_vega wrote:
My guess was just that at this point, the path of least resistance narratively and behaviorally is going to end up with her attempting to follow orders, but something Unexpected happening (f'rinstance an Elfin Ranger showing up to save the Assassin's fuzzy human ass)

It is cheering to many of us to fantasize that there are beautiful, powerful, immortal women who are fond of fuzzy male human asses.

Gimli Syndrome, I guess you'd call it.

Didn't say it wasn't a cute fuzzy human ass. Course, I'm no elf, either.

Elves must have magical resistance to acne, to go with their congenetal tendency towards Pretty, Pretty Hair.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 6:59 am 
Addict

Even without the potential that she's just trained not to let them see her sweat, it seems that when faced with a dillema like that, being forced to choose between two families, a possible reaction is to postpone the choice and not show a thing. Note that she doesn't say 'it's no problem' or 'he means nothing to me'. Merely shows that she understands what her job is.

As for Warren's worry. I'd worry if the monk in question was not giving any particular response. If she'd get pissed and yell, you'd know how she'd feel, and could point out to her how you did more for her than her brother. If she'd put up a brave front and show bravado, you could support that and show approval. If she tried to show a blank face, but showed some pain coming through, you could deal with that.

No response? Might mean she truly doesn't care for Jon. Might mean she decided to betray the Order and is putting up the shields. Might mean she's a total sociopath that doesn't give a damn about Jon's life, Warren's life or the life of anyone in the village and she'd slit all their throats in their sleep if it'd get her something.

No way of telling, no way of doing anything.

Wait, this isn't chewing gum!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 7:28 am 
Green Text

That sounds like a fairly accurate reason for his concern.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 8:18 am 
Local

I have this vision in my head on Jon all trussed up and Warrel standing over him when Sara comes into view. Jon sees her and just starts going, "No. No, no, no, no! You were supposed to have a family." And sort of breaking down.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 9:17 am 
Addict

Reason wrote:
I have this vision in my head on Jon all trussed up and Warrel standing over him when Sara comes into view. Jon sees her and just starts going, "No. No, no, no, no! You were supposed to have a family." And sort of breaking down.

Then Sara says "I have a family . . . now!" and decapitates him.

"We are not going to die! And do you know why? Because Thomas is too pretty to die. And because I'm too stubborn to die. And most of all because tomorrow is Oktoberfest, Butters, and <i>polka will never die!</i>"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 9:35 am 
Local

It would flow better if she said "This is my family." Then she'd run thim through so there'd be a chance for Sarine to discover him and heal him. Or Poe could torture me and actually have Jon decapitated. Which seems like something he'd do.

I liked Bush.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 12:56 pm 
Local

She's just resting!

Anyways, the real problem is Sara might HATE her brother, and this is kind of a boon for her. Thats bad news for the Ninja-group, cause that means it really wasn't anything hard to do the job, and not a real test of loyalty. Maybe they should leave 20 bucks laying around and see if she takes it...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 8:06 am 
Expatriate

Reason wrote:

I have this vision where Sara is standing aside, waiting for Warrel to deliver Jon to her, while Warrel utterly fails to defeat Jon. And Sara is just shaking her head about this (not physically of course), but she has no order to do anything until Jon is all trussed up and ready to be killed, so she doesn't interfere. Will we are still all wondering how she's feeling.

<a href="http://forums.kyhm.com/viewtopic.php?t=9393">DNI'ed</a> by Impy <a href="http://forums.kyhm.com/viewtopic.php?t=9340&start=22">while</a> being <a href="http://forums.kyhm.com/viewtopic.php?t=9372&start=30">initiated</a> by Insane_Megalamaniac.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 8:49 am 
Local

dubioso wrote:
Reason wrote:

I have this vision where Sara is standing aside, waiting for Warrel to deliver Jon to her, while Warrel utterly fails to defeat Jon. And Sara is just shaking her head about this (not physically of course), but she has no order to do anything until Jon is all trussed up and ready to be killed, so she doesn't interfere. Will we are still all wondering how she's feeling.

Well, the only thing Jon has going for him is the element of surprise, since appearently they can run as fast if not faster than bullets in time-mode. But since sound travels faster than bullets, they have a chance to time-mode and go back an instant before the bullet really leaves the barrel.

And Warrel and Sara know Jon's there, so the element of surprise is no longer a factor. Jon's fawked.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next