ZOMBIE FORUMS

It's a stinking, shambling corpse grotesquely parodying life.
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:03 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 4:47 pm 
Addict

So glad to know that I'm still liked.

Sometimes I worry.

^-^'

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 7:50 pm 
Addict

Kestenvarn wrote:
Boss Out of Town wrote:
Kestenvarn wrote:
Imp-Chan wrote:
Oh, it means he doesn't like her and is staking his claim as the person with the right to inflict first damage.

Nobody here likes her.

Egets, you mean, not Imp-chan.

Why did you even type that? It should be immediately obvious.

For the benefit of the unlearned.

So the guy's driving down the road in the country, far from home, and this pick-up with an old farmer in it turns right in front of him and he broadsides the pick-up. Fortunately, neither was going very fast, so they both walked away from it. The guy is railing at the farmer when the sherriff drives up and tries to defuse the situation.

"Jess," the sherriff says to the farmer, "It seems that this is your fault. Why did you turn right in front of this gentleman?"

The old farmer looks surprised, shakes his head, and says to the sherriff, "Now, Dave, EVERYONE knows this is my driveway and I always turn in here!"

"We are not going to die! And do you know why? Because Thomas is too pretty to die. And because I'm too stubborn to die. And most of all because tomorrow is Oktoberfest, Butters, and <i>polka will never die!</i>"

Post subject: *only replying because of that incredibly moronic straw-man of a scenario*
PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 2:27 am 
Green Text

Benefit of the retarded, you mean. And your example is not the same thing, as shown here:

Kestenvarn wrote:
Imp-Chan wrote:
Oh, it means he [Insane] doesn't like her [egets] and is staking his [Insane] claim as the person with the right to inflict first damage.

Nobody here likes her. [egets]

Context, man, context!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 5:56 am 
Addict

Location: Nyon, CH, near Geneve, on the shores of the Lac Leman. The heart of Suisse Romande.
Kestenvarn wrote:
Imp-Chan wrote:
Oh, it means he doesn't like her and is staking his claim as the person with the right to inflict first damage.

Nobody here likes her.

Yep, but it's not worth the words to do the init on eget. She wouldn't get some of the good stuff anyway. The art would be wasted. If Insane wants to do it then GFI.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 9:30 am 
Local

Slamlander wrote:

Yep, but it's not worth the words to do the init on eget. She wouldn't get some of the good stuff anyway. The art would be wasted. If Insane wants to do it then GFI.

Oh no you are so wrong here, everybody knows how I get the good stuff best and ignore the bad stuff ask anybody !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 3:14 pm 
Local

Boss Out of Town wrote:
So the guy's driving down the road in the country, far from home, and this pick-up with an old farmer in it turns right in front of him and he broadsides the pick-up. Fortunately, neither was going very fast, so they both walked away from it. The guy is railing at the farmer when the sherriff drives up and tries to defuse the situation.

"Jess," the sherriff says to the farmer, "It seems that this is your fault. Why did you turn right in front of this gentleman?"

The old farmer looks surprised, shakes his head, and says to the sherriff, "Now, Dave, EVERYONE knows this is my driveway and I always turn in here!"

I don't think I get the joke. Does it rest in the ambiguity of the phrase "turns right in front of him" (that is, whether the farmer is turning right and happens to be in front of him, or whether the farmer is turning directly in front of him) and therefore the ambiguity of the farmer's location respective of the out-of-towner, or does it rest on the farmer's expectation that everyone in the world knows where his driveway is, or does it rest on the implication that the out-of-towner was actually on the farmer's driveway (which I can't tell whether or not is supposed to be implied)?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 5:26 pm 
Addict

BloodHenge wrote:
Boss Out of Town wrote:

I don't think I get the joke. Does it rest in the ambiguity of the phrase "turns right in front of him" (that is, whether the farmer is turning right and happens to be in front of him, or whether the farmer is turning directly in front of him) and therefore the ambiguity of the farmer's location respective of the out-of-towner, or does it rest on the farmer's expectation that everyone in the world knows where his driveway is, or does it rest on the implication that the out-of-towner was actually on the farmer's driveway (which I can't tell whether or not is supposed to be implied)?

#2 is correct . . . "the farmer's expectation that everyone in the world knows where his driveway is . . . " and I'll work on the grammar for the next joke.

"We are not going to die! And do you know why? Because Thomas is too pretty to die. And because I'm too stubborn to die. And most of all because tomorrow is Oktoberfest, Butters, and <i>polka will never die!</i>"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 1:50 am 
Local

Eh, it's probably a combination of 1) I tend to overanalyze things and 2) I was really tired the first time I read through it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 7:46 am 
Tourist

I think in egets' case, it isn't so much that he has poor grammer, but rather, what he says just doesn't make sense.

In order to have bad grammar, one must first start with a coherent idea. I do not believe we even have that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 4:01 pm 
Local

Voyager wrote:
I think in egets' case, it isn't so much that he has poor grammer, but rather, what he says just doesn't make sense.

In order to have bad grammar, one must first start with a coherent idea. I do not believe we even have that.

I totally agree, I almost said then that I havent been myself lately but when I began to flashback my life I cant recall any coherent idea from my past either BUT HEY ! I have still managed to live this far :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 4:28 pm 
Addict

Your life is a lie. What you perceive as self is merely the writhings and black machinations of the maggots that feast within you. Your blood black tar, your eyes the crystallized secretions of undead bivalves, your flesh the matted remains of a cypress swamp. You are a golem of rot and decay.

Logic and clarity are both too much to ask of such a creature. Leave it to its end.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 7:48 pm 
Native

So, I would ask who if anyone here plays Nexus War. I saw a character named after a certain Cap'n Xander Kittysnoggins wandering about... it was somewhat startling. The worst part, of course, was that I barely had time to make a comment on it before being driven off by enemy paladins. :-?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 11:15 pm 
Addict

Used to have an account but then I found it to be the most singularly unplayable game in existence. And I excel at unplayable, non-graphic games. I might restart an account just for the hell of it.

Sorry. No clue who it is.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 12:11 am 
Addict

Labrat wrote:
Used to have an account but then I found it to be the most singularly unplayable game in existence. And I excel at unplayable, non-graphic games. I might restart an account just for the hell of it.

You have no idea what unplayable is.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 12:27 am 
Addict

Let me rephrase that: I found it to be the most singularly unplayable multiplayer game in existence that can in any way still be played by someone who can't code.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 4:15 pm 
Local

Labrat wrote:
Your life is a lie. What you perceive as self is merely the writhings and black machinations of the maggots that feast within you. Your blood black tar, your eyes the crystallized secretions of undead bivalves, your flesh the matted remains of a cypress swamp. You are a golem of rot and decay.

Logic and clarity are both too much to ask of such a creature. Leave it to its end.

I dont even know what kind of person could say all these things well maybe somebody who is reading too much fantasy novels or watching too much horror movies or something lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 4:29 pm 
Addict

egets wrote:
Labrat wrote:

I dont even know what kind of person could say all these things well maybe somebody who is reading too much fantasy novels or watching too much horror movies or something lol

Or someone with the ability to actually string a sentence together.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3