ZOMBIE FORUMS

It's a stinking, shambling corpse grotesquely parodying life.
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:28 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 5:23 pm 
Addict

My money is still on Jon. He's a survivor.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 7:16 pm 
Local

Boss Out of Town wrote:
Reason wrote:
Labrat wrote:
RBM: Poisoned toilet seats... Have you been visiting my house lately by any chance?

Reminds me of that Bruce Willis movie the Jackel, where the guy touches the van door and starts convulsing then swallows his own tongue. Imagine being found like that in the shitter.

Read a good Elvis bio. That's exactly how the King died. Heart attack on the throne, brought on by constipation brought on by drugs.

I remember that some foreign king in the Bible was assassinated while sitting on the other throne. IIRC, the guy who killed him was left-handed, which made concealing his weapon easier. I think it was in the book of Judges. (Lots of weird stuff happened in Judges.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 7:43 pm 
Addict

BloodHenge wrote:
Boss Out of Town wrote:
Reason wrote:
Labrat wrote:
RBM: Poisoned toilet seats... Have you been visiting my house lately by any chance?

Reminds me of that Bruce Willis movie the Jackel, where the guy touches the van door and starts convulsing then swallows his own tongue. Imagine being found like that in the shitter.

Read a good Elvis bio. That's exactly how the King died. Heart attack on the throne, brought on by constipation brought on by drugs.

I remember that some foreign king in the Bible was assassinated while sitting on the other throne. IIRC, the guy who killed him was left-handed, which made concealing his weapon easier. I think it was in the book of Judges. (Lots of weird stuff happened in Judges.)

Like the woman who seduced the fat king and when she stabbed him, her knife hand got stuck in his flab? Judges is full of good stuff like that.

"We are not going to die! And do you know why? Because Thomas is too pretty to die. And because I'm too stubborn to die. And most of all because tomorrow is Oktoberfest, Butters, and <i>polka will never die!</i>"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 6:04 am 
Addict

Location: Nyon, CH, near Geneve, on the shores of the Lac Leman. The heart of Suisse Romande.
Gambit3le wrote:
Jon kills priest dude, then shoots all the others before making a daring escape. Or, Jon kills priest dude then trys to escape and is killed by one of the others or someone else. Or, Jon kills priest dude, one of the guys trys to kill him and just before the final blow is struck Ellis jumps\flies in front of the blow, not intending to save jon, just showing off his mad escape skills, this distracts the attacker for the critical 1\86th of a second jon needs to fire off a fatal shot at point blank range providing a nice bloodsplatter. Ellis is of course fine being immortal and pretty much indestructable, oh and then Jon and Ellis escape in a sneaky fashion.....

Jon kills the Priest and Warrel (two rapid-fire head shots and a body shot), leaving Sara, who Jon still doesn't know is a Time Ninja, to straighten her loyalties out as she chases him.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 6:09 am 
Green Text

Sounds fun.

What would be more amusing/unlikely is that the priest and Warrel get shot; Warrel looks to Sara for help; she walks up, then backhands him across the face for not being fast enough to dodge a mere bullet.

:v

Hey, it could be a filler!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 3:17 pm 
Local

I don't think Jon is planning to fire twice at this point. He seems to be counting on silence and confusion to prevent anyone from figuring out where he is. "One shot, one kill" is the sniper's mantra after all. The first shot takes them by surprise. The second shot, they spot you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 5:19 pm 
Local

Trying to view this like I think Poe would.

As a character in the story, Jon either needs to die or fail spectacularly here. He's come full circle, he's right back where he started when he was introduced. Stuff has happened, the story has progressed, and he hasn't changed. That's not how it usually is with interesting characters, and I think Poe would rather Jon die than end up a stock-Eddings type. So either something out of type is going to happen or the author is going to fold this hand.

Post subject: A character saying "suddenly it all makes sense" ia a bad omen, too.
PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 8:09 pm 
Green Text

Well, he's got most of his loose ends tied-up, which is a bad sign...

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2