ZOMBIE FORUMS

It's a stinking, shambling corpse grotesquely parodying life.
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:34 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 10:24 am 
Native

Kestenvarn wrote:
His employers are trying to off him. He may not know this at the moment, but there might not really be anything he can do to get off the blacklist... so who gives a damn. He doesn't 'need' to kill shit.

Well, he doesn't know it yet. So in his mind he still needs to kill his preist dude. :)

Politics is about saving your ass in this life; Religion is about saving your ass in the next. It's no wonder that the two are connected now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 10:28 am 
Addict

Location: Hanging in the endless void with nothing but entropy and fluff for company.
drunk wrote:

Mmmm.... :fap:

Jin wrote:
...I cursed at the computer screen for an hour and a half while striking it with my genitals.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 10:36 am 
Addict

DaiDreamer5 wrote:
Kestenvarn wrote:
His employers are trying to off him. He may not know this at the moment, but there might not really be anything he can do to get off the blacklist... so who gives a damn. He doesn't 'need' to kill shit.

Well, he doesn't know it yet. So in his mind he still needs to kill his preist dude. :)

Even if he did know, killing the priest would be a good way to either get back in with his boss or buy time to plan his retirement.

Remember, too, Gabriel is just annoyed at Jon. He hasn't put a contract out on him. If Jon ditches this assignment, he is very likely signing his own death warrant.

"We are not going to die! And do you know why? Because Thomas is too pretty to die. And because I'm too stubborn to die. And most of all because tomorrow is Oktoberfest, Butters, and <i>polka will never die!</i>"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 11:06 am 
Local

Relica Religia wrote:

I think she just needs someone to love. Or use a ball gag on, whatever works for her.

....DEEP SIGH!... romantic !!! I think she needs both because you know discipline = true love (who hates the child, spares the rod-and no, the rod is not metaphore but the real thing)

I think that first she needs like a little bit of discipline just to know that she is in skillful hands and then she is like all ready for love :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 1:34 pm 
Native

drunk wrote:

Wow, that page has a lot of broken links on it. Donation link, all the navigation arrows, the Errant Story logo at the top, and a handful of other things as well... poor Exploitation Now, how far have you fallen?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 1:55 pm 
Local

I'm dissapointed in the monks, actually. Considering all the noise Sarine and Jon are making, if they had been protecting the priest the guy would already be dead and Jon running for his life.

Arguably, the flare from the gun might have been more visible than Jon almost falling, but still. It seems very sloppy work for time-monks. If the rifle had a spell to hide the flare, or if it isn't very noticeable, the priest would be dead.

Assuming, of course, that the reason Sarine is happy isn't that she already dealt with them. Which would make me sad 'cause we didn't get to see it.

[edit]
As to what Jon might decide to do, he could dissapear and make it look as if the monks got him. And we should keep in mind, Sarine probably has junk lying around that by human standards could be considedred insanely valuable, so the pay could be valuable.

Hell, she holds a few memories that Jon might be interested in getting back, with interest. :wink:

Post subject: Re: 09/01/2006 "How about I pay you to help me with something instead?"
PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 3:58 pm 
Local

Rubber Band Man wrote:
Dammit, now Poe is just shoving this sexual subtext in our face.

And we love him for it :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 4:30 pm 
Local

Is it possible that Sarine cast that "Now so loud" enchantment thingy? I mean, fuck, if Jon would of freaked out more, he might of yelled or pulled a knife or something. Might explain why no on noticed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 4:41 pm 
Tourist

DarkLight140 wrote:
Wow, that page has a lot of broken links on it. Donation link, all the navigation arrows, the Errant Story logo at the top, and a handful of other things as well... poor Exploitation Now, how far have you fallen?

You forgot the Archives link. I had to just keep hitting "next page" over and over until I got there, and there were a good 3 or 4 instances just doing that where the "next page" button glitched out and would just keep returning the same page over and over. Had to go physically change the date in the URL at the top. Can't remember if it always did that or not...

I really need to get around to getting a physical copy of that amazingness.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 6:52 pm 
Addict

BandMan2K wrote:
*takes closer look at panel 3 with Sarine hunched over Jon*

Um...correct me if I'm wrong, but is that not a sliver of her bountiful heaving bosoms peering over the panel border? I know she put on some new clothes after leaving Praenumblius Astu (I know I butchered it) but we haven't really seen them and my mind be a-workin'.

no such luck

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 7:46 pm 
Addict

Psycojes wrote:
BandMan2K wrote:

Um...correct me if I'm wrong, but is that not a sliver of her bountiful heaving bosoms peering over the panel border? I know she put on some new clothes after leaving Praenumblius Astu (I know I butchered it) but we haven't really seen them and my mind be a-workin'.

no such luck

Well, thank goodness there is still some virtue in the world!

Strictly speaking, wearing a peekaboo outfit like that wouldn't really fit in with Sarine's low-key, no-unnecessary attention ranger mission, would it? Especially combined with the fashionable lip gloss.

"So Jon says to me, to join those monks you either have to kill a troll with your bare hands or have slow sex with a three thousand year old hooker. At first, I thought it was going to be a tough decision, and then that woman's hood fell off when she back-handed him . . . "

"We are not going to die! And do you know why? Because Thomas is too pretty to die. And because I'm too stubborn to die. And most of all because tomorrow is Oktoberfest, Butters, and <i>polka will never die!</i>"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 8:24 pm 
Addict

drunk wrote:
DarkLight140 wrote:
The EN site is b0rked.

I totally noticed!

<b>I really need to get around to getting a physical copy of that amazingness.</b>

I really like this interpretation...

The truth is that our admin has not yet made time to fix it, and I don't know enough to do so myself. We're in the process of transforming things so that once it HAS been fixed it should stay that way, though.

-_-'''

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 12:25 am 
Tourist

Kian wrote:
I'm dissapointed in the monks, actually. Considering all the noise Sarine and Jon are making, if they had been protecting the priest the guy would already be dead and Jon running for his life.

Well it depends, if one of those nice hooded face-not-visible-to-readers guys right next to the priest is a monk then it may be part of their plan. They can probably deflect the bullet or push the priest away between the gun going off and the bullet hitting. That gives the monks a perfect chance to get Jon as he is concentrated on, well, shooting and possibly prevents another “crap there were two assassins?” screw-ups.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 1:31 am 
Addict

Psycojes wrote:
BandMan2K wrote:

no such luck

*compares linked image to comic panel*

Son of a Bitch! Well, I tried.

Sifu of Corpse Child

Caecus fides est hostilis veritatis

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 3:10 am 
Local

She doesn't seem to be wearing that cloak currently. Who knows what revealing cleavages she's wearing underneath.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 3:17 am 
Green Text

It's not a cloak. Pay attention.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 4:22 am 
Local

Cape, cloak, coat, jacket, hoodie, WHATEVER the hell she's wearing in the wallpaper picture to cover her upper body.

EDIT: Or IS she? With a little comparison, she does seem to be wearing it afterall. In the last frame of Wednesday's strip you see her form so clearly, I thought she had left the covering over-garment behind somewhere, but apparently, it's just somewhat tight. Very good, tight clothes are good.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 7:24 am 
Addict

Scient wrote:
Cape, cloak, coat, jacket, hoodie, WHATEVER the hell she's wearing in the wallpaper picture to cover her upper body.

EDIT: Or IS she? With a little comparison, she does seem to be wearing it afterall. In the last frame of Wednesday's strip you see her form so clearly, I thought she had left the covering over-garment behind somewhere, but apparently, it's just somewhat tight. Very good, tight clothes are good.

And if you check her neckline out (some of us are kinky about necks) she appears to still be wearing that black silk undershirt she wore under her armor.

I'll point out that, for all we know, this outfit could be much better armor than Sarine was wearing before.

The coat is thick enough to incorporate some solid composite plates to stop bullets. Think of it as magical Elvish Kevlar--call it Keeblar, if you like.

The undershirt, in either version of the armor, could be woven to minimize penetration and wound damage. That doesn't even take magic. Ghengis Khan had his soldiers equipped with silk undershirts with this in mind. Arrowheads and spear thrusts would punch the silk into any wound. Even if the silk was pierced or cut, it lined the wound and kept it clean. In Sarine's case, her magic can cure almost any wound that doesn't render her unconscious. That makes the polypro underwear a very sensible precaution (and some people are kinky about polypro, too).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 7:30 am 
Addict

I just got a weird thought, ES barbies, so you can dress up your own sarine... then I got the mental image of an over weight fanboy just stripping it and touching her plastic boobs...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 7:36 am 
Green Text

Boss Out of Town wrote:
call it Keeblar

Oh, I will...

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next