ZOMBIE FORUMS

It's a stinking, shambling corpse grotesquely parodying life.
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:25 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 9:30 am 
Local

BloodHenge wrote:
Rakshasa wrote:
You don't become the top assasins guild by wasting your tools.

Not even the broken ones?

No sense wasting even broken tools. In the least, you can throw them at something you want to break as well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 11:13 am 
Addict

Scient wrote:
BloodHenge wrote:
Rakshasa wrote:

No sense wasting even broken tools. In the least, you can throw them at something you want to break as well.

Hell, Jon's not broken. All he did was shack up with a hooker overnight, which I presume is common practice in his social circle. She snooped and screamed to someone instead of keeping her mouth shut and selling the info later.

Experienced operatives are hard enough to find and keep, even if you aren't snuffing them for trivial reasons.

"We are not going to die! And do you know why? Because Thomas is too pretty to die. And because I'm too stubborn to die. And most of all because tomorrow is Oktoberfest, Butters, and <i>polka will never die!</i>"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 12:42 pm 
Local

Boss Out of Town wrote:
Scient wrote:
BloodHenge wrote:
Rakshasa wrote:

Hell, Jon's not broken. All he did was shack up with a hooker overnight, which I presume is common practice in his social circle. She snooped and screamed to someone instead of keeping her mouth shut and selling the info later.

Experienced operatives are hard enough to find and keep, even if you aren't snuffing them for trivial reasons.

He's not as useful an operative as he was, though. To the point that if you were going to send somebody on a difficult but vital job that stood to be a trap but just couldn't be passed up, he was the perfect guy to send.

And what he did that was not common practice in his social circle that put him in this crappy position was not kill the hooker after she snooped and started screaming. If he had, he wouldn't have a problem. He'd be a rat bastard, but do you serously doubt the rest of the Gewehr aren't? Slavish devotion to "nice guy" ethics isn't a survival trait here. It isn't even as if he probably doesn't figure the woman wasn't going to end up dead in a gutter soon enough anyway- a whore that steals, and steals badly only has one place to go in that setting.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 2:36 am 
Local

Is there anyone here to speculate about the fact that jonn didn't agree with the expention politic of his assassin's guild, and the fact that he was telling it clearly and loudly, might be the reason why his guild find him expendable (a little like thoses ministers desagreeing with president Bush policy were "thankeds" for theirs great job and kick of the gov. )

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 3:52 am 
Addict

Neko7 wrote:
Is there anyone here to speculate about the fact that jonn didn't agree with the expention politic of his assassin's guild, and the fact that he was telling it clearly and loudly, might be the reason why his guild find him expendable (a little like thoses ministers desagreeing with president Bush policy were "thankeds" for theirs great job and kick of the gov. )

A thought, but we haven't heard that any of the Gewehr actually support the policy, or that the leaders care about their opinions. So Poe hasn't set up that situation at all.

"We are not going to die! And do you know why? Because Thomas is too pretty to die. And because I'm too stubborn to die. And most of all because tomorrow is Oktoberfest, Butters, and <i>polka will never die!</i>"

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4