ZOMBIE FORUMS

It's a stinking, shambling corpse grotesquely parodying life.
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:11 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 75 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: 9/27 - Urrrggh... Ow...
PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 1:52 pm 
n00b

That's actually a lot more clever than I thought he would be. Looks like he's going to try and be subtle here, since using brute force won't work. I wonder if Warrel is arrogant enough to fall for it (I don't think he is).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 1:59 pm 
n00b

Very smart indeed. If Warrel goes for it (which I think he will), he'll be a sitting duck in mid-air. Still, I don't think Jon is gonna have him just yet. If I had to hazard a guess, I'd say Warrel still manages to land unscathed. Just before he pops Jon, Sara intervenes. I can't imagine Sara doing Jon in or vice-versa, regardless of their respective affiliations.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 2:03 pm 
Addict

Jon has... a PLAN.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 2:14 pm 
Local

That's pretty clever of Jon, actually. We haven't seen the monks use any ability to change direction in midair. Anything other than a quickened drop should give Jon the chance to put a few shots in the monk.

Now, as Sara showed, attacking from above is a bad idea. But as was said, Farrel isn't as focused or disciplined as the higher-ups would like. He could think Jon is done for and actually fall for this trick in a show of overconfidence.

As for Sara crashing this party, that's highly doubtful. She was ordered out of the room, and has no reason to return until called back. A few screams and gunfire is to be expected, so that wouldn't raise any alarm in her either. I'm still wondering what's Sarine going to do though.

She could just decloak behind Warrel and run a sword through his back, I suppose, but I think we're long overdue some more badassness from Jon. Besides, he has to prove that normal, non-magicked people can still compete. He's the only character in the story that doesn't use magic, and he's not cut out to be a sidekick.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 2:28 pm 
n00b

Warrel most likely won't be able to dodge anything while falling, especially if he *does* have a slow fall spell and uses it. But he still has the ability to deflect the shot, if the thought occurs to him in time. He did block the shot Jon took at the priest, after all. Gonna be interesting to see how this one turns out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 3:07 pm 
Addict

Location: Nyon, CH, near Geneve, on the shores of the Lac Leman. The heart of Suisse Romande.
DogBone wrote:
Very smart indeed. If Warrel goes for it (which I think he will), he'll be a sitting duck in mid-air. Still, I don't think Jon is gonna have him just yet. If I had to hazard a guess, I'd say Warrel still manages to land unscathed. Just before he pops Jon, Sara intervenes. I can't imagine Sara doing Jon in or vice-versa, regardless of their respective affiliations.

Not hardly. I* think Sarine will pop up in this, maybe stealing Jon's shot. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 3:37 pm 
Local

Hrm, a Gun-toting killer jumping froma high place to kill a time-ninja? Where have I seen this before...

Post subject: Not sure if anyone will get this.
PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 3:41 pm 
Green Text

Sarine wrote:
"I backstab him. With a ballista."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 4:01 pm 
Addict

And no one is wondering why Jon is still alive after that fall? There are ways, in theory, to survive a fall like that, but I don't think they teach the "flat on your back" manuever at Fort Bragg. Jon should have a fractured spine, damage to a number of other important bones and joints, and impact shoud have driven the back of his skull a half-inch closer to the front of his face.

Possibly the Gewehr has a little magic of its own?

"We are not going to die! And do you know why? Because Thomas is too pretty to die. And because I'm too stubborn to die. And most of all because tomorrow is Oktoberfest, Butters, and <i>polka will never die!</i>"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 4:04 pm 
Green Text

Post subject: Re: Not sure if anyone will get this.
PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 4:06 pm 
Expatriate

Location: Screaming obsenities regarding untestable C++ software.
Trinity wrote:
"Dodge this!"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 4:51 pm 
Addict

Boss Out of Town wrote:
And no one is wondering why Jon is still alive after that fall? There are ways, in theory, to survive a fall like that, but I don't think they teach the "flat on your back" manuever at Fort Bragg. Jon should have a fractured spine, damage to a number of other important bones and joints, and impact shoud have driven the back of his skull a half-inch closer to the front of his face.

No.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 5:16 pm 
Tourist

Boss Out of Town wrote:

Second panel, he grabs a bar to arrest his fall, maybe that slowed him down enough to prevent injury?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 5:23 pm 
Expatriate

Not a bad plan at all, considering what Jon has to work with. Probably won't work, since Warrel is using time magic rather than a speed spell of some kind, but still a decent attempt. Frankly, I think it would be great if it DID work. If Warrel got so overconfident that he fell right into it, and ended up getting shot for his trouble.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 5:58 pm 
Addict

OK Computer wrote:
Boss Out of Town wrote:

Second panel, he grabs a bar to arrest his fall, maybe that slowed him down enough to prevent injury?

Nice spot! Depending on the distance, his left arm might be a little loose in its socket, but at least its plausible. Particularly if he's wearing some of that high quality padded Keeblar armor.

"We are not going to die! And do you know why? Because Thomas is too pretty to die. And because I'm too stubborn to die. And most of all because tomorrow is Oktoberfest, Butters, and <i>polka will never die!</i>"

Post subject: What did you think was happening in that panel?
PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 6:29 pm 
Green Text

Nice spot? Dude, nearly everyone but you saw that.

Post subject: Re: Not sure if anyone will get this.
PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 6:45 pm 
Expatriate

Kestenvarn wrote:
Sarine wrote:
"I backstab him. With a ballista."

"Well, that's 264 points of damage. You splatter him all over the common room."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 9:34 pm 
Addict

Location: Nyon, CH, near Geneve, on the shores of the Lac Leman. The heart of Suisse Romande.
Boss Out of Town wrote:
OK Computer wrote:
Boss Out of Town wrote:

Nice spot! Depending on the distance, his left arm might be a little loose in its socket, but at least its plausible. Particularly if he's wearing some of that high quality padded Keeblar armor.

I might also note what looks like the subtle use of a slow fall spell, used by Jon himself, at the bottom of his trajectory, on same the second panel. Grabing the bar on the way down might have just been a ruse, to make the fall look good.

Just because Jon doesn't like or trust magic doesn't mean that he can't use it. His sister is capable of magic use, there is no reason to think that he's incapable. In fact, there is every reason to think him very capable indeed and that he just doesn't like to.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 9:49 pm 
Tourist

I like that the Secret Ultimate Assassin Technique is jumping off a ledge, falling about 30 feet and landing with a resounding crunch on your back. Beats getting sliced to ribbons, though.

Slamlander wrote:
I might also note what looks like the subtle use of a slow fall spell, used by Jon himself, at the bottom of his trajectory, on same the second panel.

Looks like a lightbloom from the window to me. I won't assume that Jon can use magic, since we've never seen the Gewehr using it before and it doesn't seem like the sort of thing people can generally do untrained.

What Jon doesn't know is that Warrel doesn't intend to kill him, since that's what Sara's there for. As far as I can see he just disabled himself for them. (No, I don't think he's going to die, I just think it means Sarine will probably end up taking out Warrel.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 10:22 pm 
Addict

Can't time-ninjas use their temporal fuckage to run at hyperspeed down walls? I thought I remembered one doing that at some point. On top of that, he can still deflect bullets with his sword while falling. This might throw him a bit off balance, but these guys seem well enough trained to still be able to land halfway well.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 75 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next