ZOMBIE FORUMS

It's a stinking, shambling corpse grotesquely parodying life.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:38 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: BOOM BAM SPOK WHAM! (09/29)
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 3:26 pm 
Addict

yeah, first and such.

Why am I the first one??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 3:31 pm 
Expatriate

Because it's very late today.

I'm pretty sure that's Warrel in the last panel, to respond to, er, a question you deleted already. I don't know why the coloring is much lighter.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 3:39 pm 
Native

Well, Jon's in trouble. Unless his shot was a bit more effective than it seems, Warrel will just heal himself and be somewhat pissed off. It was a nice try, though...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 3:44 pm 
Green Text

The second figure almost looks as though it has breasts, but yeah it's probably Warrel.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 3:51 pm 
n00b

I'll be damned, he actually tagged Warrel. Even if Warrel survives, he's gonna be in for hell when he gets back to the village. :P

Edit: What I don't get is why Jon didn't shoot him repeatedly before he hit the ground. We've seen from his practice sessions that he's pretty quick with that trigger. I'd have expected that hitting a single large target repeatedly would be cake after pulling that stunt with the leaves. Of course, it wouldn't be nearly as interesting if he riddled Warrel with holes just like that.

Last edited by DogBone on Fri Sep 29, 2006 3:59 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 3:54 pm 
Tourist

That was no mere "tag". He put a solid hit through Warrel's chest. I'd wager its only because of his magic that he's able to fight at all after that.

Of course, healing magic does tend to change your opinion of the severity of a wound. :-?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 4:00 pm 
Local

Man, these time ninjas are a bitch and a half. How many people take a shotgun to the chest and manage to keep moving? At least warrels better then that OTHER time ninja that got shot.

On another note... how many damn guns does he have? True, the Pistol/Shotgun/Sniper rifle is a good spread of ranges, but I got a feeling he's gonna pull more guns outta his ass.

And is warrel fighting bare-handed? He seems to have dropped his uber-sword in mid air, and I didn't see it land near him.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 4:10 pm 
Addict

Drilled him! Used the old "gun in the hand with the arm that looks broken" trick, too. Jon's hand is wavering in panel six, probably injuries from the fall, which explains why it took him so long to get a second shot off.

Too bad. Looks like he missed Warrel's heart by a hair or two. If Warrel can keep moving for another second, he's got Jon tagged. If that hole in his lungs makes him waver for a moment, Jon might have another weapon up his sleeve. I hope so. He's been playing second fiddle for so long it would be nice to see him beat an opponent without Sarine's help.

"We are not going to die! And do you know why? Because Thomas is too pretty to die. And because I'm too stubborn to die. And most of all because tomorrow is Oktoberfest, Butters, and <i>polka will never die!</i>"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 4:41 pm 
n00b

Rubber Band Man wrote:
On another note... how many damn guns does he have? True, the Pistol/Shotgun/Sniper rifle is a good spread of ranges, but I got a feeling he's gonna pull more guns outta his ass.

Shotgun? I must have missed that. I only see his rifle and the pistol.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 4:50 pm 
Local

Looking at it again, it does look like its the trusty pistol...

The first shot with it, makes it look longer and wider, like a cut off double barrel bang-stick...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 5:36 pm 
Addict

I'm thinking a couple of knives, and a garrote. You can't really be an assassin without a nice silk cord garrote.

"We are not going to die! And do you know why? Because Thomas is too pretty to die. And because I'm too stubborn to die. And most of all because tomorrow is Oktoberfest, Butters, and <i>polka will never die!</i>"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 5:48 pm 
Expatriate

And THAT is why you never, EVER use jumps-kicks, soumersalts, flips, cartwheels, ect in MMA Spars. Maybe a flying knee should be the extent of it.

Because the moment your feet leave the ground, you arn't changing direction.

SMART MAN JON! WOOO WOOO!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 6:30 pm 
Local

Boss Out of Town wrote:
I'm thinking a couple of knives, and a garrote. You can't really be an assassin without a nice silk cord garrote.

Definitely at least one knife, because sometimes you just can't stop and reload. And sometimes, you run out of bullets.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 6:47 pm 
Local

Jon already won the fight. It's now only a matter of determining if he actually gets to survive it.

I mean, Warrel can hit Sara as punishment for leting a bullet pass through her clothes while fighting a group of gunmen, taking care not to kill one of them. Imagine what Warrel's higher-ups will do to him for letting a lone assassin that had just fallen a very respectable distance shoot through his chest, during his own ambush.

It's not going to be pretty.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 7:57 pm 
Tourist

Warrel is a dumbass. But that's still him in the last panel.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 8:22 pm 
Addict

BloodHenge wrote:
Boss Out of Town wrote:

Definitely at least one knife, because sometimes you just can't stop and reload. And sometimes, you run out of bullets.

Yup. The second one is the hole weapon. The first one you can be quiet about or wear it open to add to your rep. As Kipling wrote about the Northwest Frontier, where one meets the Pathans . . .

"If you want to know what they fight with, reach under my seat an' pull out the long knife that's there."

They dragged out and beheld for the first time the grim, bone-handled, triangular Afghan knife. It was almost as long as Lew.

"That's the thing to j'int ye," said the trooper feebly. "It can take off a man's arm at the shoulder as easy as slicing butter. I halved the beggar that used that un, but there's more of his likes up above. They don't understand thrustin', but they're devils to slice."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 11:57 pm 
Addict

Location: In front of the computer, doing things best left undescribed
Looks like a through-and-through shot with excellent shot placement; judging from what little I can tell of where the bullet entered and exited and the amount of blood on the floor (and spraying out Warrel's back) that is, at the very least, a lung shot. It might even be a heart shot, in which case Warrel has seconds to live, give or take due to healing and/or time magic. With a lung shot, he has anywhere from a few seconds to a couple hours in which to drown in his own blood in one lung while the other remains collapsed. Again, healing and/or time magic might have a say in this.

Ah, sucking chest wounds. They suck in every possible way. :P

As for Jon not shooting him repeatedly while in the air, there are numerous possible reasons. First could be that, with the shock of the fall and his injuries, he might have just been too slow to get off a second shot in the time it took Warrel to hit the ground. If his revolver is a single-action instead of a double-action (we've seen no indication either way, and Poe might not even know the difference or care) then, in Jon's condition, he might fumble with it for a second to get it ready to fire again rather than simply pulling the trigger repeatedly. Most likely it is single-action, judging from the level of technology present. Another reason is that he may have started moving the moment he fired the first shot rather than trying for a second shot; this seems likely since he's standing when Warrel smacks him from behind.

Pyro: Noun. Practicioner of the ancient and gentle arts of burning shit down and blowing shit up.

DNI'd by actor_au

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 12:36 am 
Addict

Location: Nyon, CH, near Geneve, on the shores of the Lac Leman. The heart of Suisse Romande.
Jon's still in trouble. However, Warrel should be slowing down soon. I wonder where Sarine is?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 2:45 am 
Addict

Slamlander wrote:
Jon's still in trouble. However, Warrel should be slowing down soon. I wonder where Sarine is?

As Jon is lying there, dying, with a duras flayme through his gut, one hand around Warrel's throat and the other gripping his lifeless heart, he sees Sarine's face appear in his fading vision.

Sarine says, "Sorry I'm late. I haven't cast an anti-time fugue spell in nine hundred years."

To make up for it, as she heals him, she restores his lost memory of their night by the campfire. To keep the priestly guardians at bay, she combines an illusion spell with a [/i]fascination[/i] to magically play them a videotape of the whole, throbbing affair. Several priests and priestesses spontaneously change gender preferences while watching.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 3:17 am 
Expatriate

What was and what would their gender preference become, if you don't mind?

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next