ZOMBIE FORUMS

It's a stinking, shambling corpse grotesquely parodying life.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:19 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: 02Oct06 - Foosh! ... surprise!
PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 12:34 pm 
Addict

Location: Nyon, CH, near Geneve, on the shores of the Lac Leman. The heart of Suisse Romande.
Ha! I knew Sarine would show up! :lol:

Now the question is how Sara knew Sarine was up there ...

Last edited by Slamlander on Mon Oct 02, 2006 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 12:38 pm 
Expatriate

Unfortunately her surprise attack appears to have been thwarted by the voice at the door. Still waiting to see if she can bend time too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 12:42 pm 
Tourist

Warrel is also once more airborn, so if Jon is quick enough on the draw again he's got a chance, regardless of whether Sarine can bend time.

I'd say Sara knew Sarine was up there when she saw the crazy glowing in Panel 3.

Also, Warrel seems to have dodged the brunt of it, but who knows if the visible energy is the only thing there, or if there's some shockwave effect that could still put a hurin on him, especially in addition to his current injury.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 12:46 pm 
Addict

Location: Nyon, CH, near Geneve, on the shores of the Lac Leman. The heart of Suisse Romande.
Well, neither of them were counting on Jon having elven backup. Their plans just got knocked into a cocked-up hat. Actually, if Anita ever hears about this then it's gonna tilt her political world inside-out. Gewehr, running around with full elves? She doesn't know that this is a one-off.

drunk wrote:
Warrel is also once more airborn, so if Jon is quick enough on the draw again he's got a chance, regardless of whether Sarine can bend time.

I'd say, no chance! He's way too close to ground-zero for that blast. At this point, I'd say that he's barely conscious and moving strictly on reflex, if at all.

On second thought, this is a cue for Warrel and Sara to beat a hasty retreat ... things just got pear-shaped.

Last edited by Slamlander on Mon Oct 02, 2006 1:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 12:59 pm 
Local

It's a good thing I checked the forum. I didn't realize that was Sara coming back in the second panel, so I thought it was Sarine shouting a warning in the third... which made no sense at all.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 1:24 pm 
Local

You know, I really wonder why, when somone yells "LOOK OUT!" they don't time ninja THAT SECONED! I mean, odds are if you move five feet to the left you'll be missed by whatever, so wouldn't it be better to jump like an idiot every time someone drops a pot or pan, but still be alive, then dead?

By the way, if Warrel gets killed, I will be sorely upset.

I kinda like him, even with his stero-typical villian rant.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 2:01 pm 
Addict

I'm expecting Warrel to die here.

But he's gonna do it 'Golden Dragon style' (DBZ to all you kids).

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 2:06 pm 
Local

Warrel deserves to die. He just barely avoided getting killed by Jon through sheer luck after jumping into the path of the bullet pretty much, and now he completly ignored the battlefield so he could gloat over the fallen enemy.

Leaving that aside, though, I really hope Jon isn't out of the fight yet. He hasn't really had a moment to shine since Ian burned down that city. I want to see some evidence that trained, disciplined non-magic-users can still compete in ES and aren't just scenery except when the magic users are distracted.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 2:43 pm 
Addict

Slamlander wrote:

Its going to take 15 episodes to finish the battle and then Warrel will come back with a toaster strapped to his head for three more episodes? Ninety-percent of the fight is going to be composed of either two blurs whipping back and forth to some fight sounds or both participants just floating around while grunting at each other? Its 100% certain that everyone will die and be brought back from the dead at least three times each before this is all done? Everyone is going to have to scream out his attacks for all the world to hear ten seconds before he makes his move?

*twitch*

Last edited by Labrat on Mon Oct 02, 2006 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 2:44 pm 
Local

Kian wrote:
Warrel deserves to die. He just barely avoided getting killed by Jon through sheer luck after jumping into the path of the bullet pretty much, and now he completly ignored the battlefield so he could gloat over the fallen enemy.

Oddly enough, I interpretted that as a really socially awkward attempt to make him feel better before his death-by-munchkin' at the hands of his kid sister. Warrel doesn't seem to have found that 'happy place' regarding his job that his student seems to have.

Kian wrote:
Leaving that aside, though, I really hope Jon isn't out of the fight yet. He hasn't really had a moment to shine since Ian burned down that city. I want to see some evidence that trained, disciplined non-magic-users can still compete in ES and aren't just scenery except when the magic users are distracted.

And shooting an enraged Paedagousi on the wing, offhand shot, after an uphill sprint, with no margin of error was anything other than utterly cool?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 2:49 pm 
<Insert Witty Custom Title Here>

Labrat wrote:
Slamlander wrote:

Its going to take 15 episodes to finish the battle and then Warrel will come back with a toaster strapped to his head for three more episodes? Ninety-percent of the fight is going to be composed of either two blurs whipping back and forth to some fight sounds or both participants just floating around while grunting at each other? Its 100% certain that everyone will die and be brought back from the dead at least three times each before this is all done? Everyone is going to have to scream out his attacks for all the world to hear ten seconds before he makes his move?

*twitch*

That sounds like DBZ style all right. I think I'd prefer him going down Al Pacino style though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 3:01 pm 
Addict

normalphil wrote:
Kian wrote:

And shooting an enraged Paedagousi on the wing, offhand shot, after an uphill sprint, with no margin of error was anything other than utterly cool?

Very cool, very cool, but other than it has been a long time since he's done anything to justify his rep.

Not that Sarine's doing much better, telegraphing her attack like that. She watched the second monk go through that door.

Jeez, is that black ragged thing in the last panel a piece of carpet or a piece of floor? Since Jon missed the guy with his 700 Remington, Sarine's apparently gonna try her dependable 155mm-howitzer spell.

"We are not going to die! And do you know why? Because Thomas is too pretty to die. And because I'm too stubborn to die. And most of all because tomorrow is Oktoberfest, Butters, and <i>polka will never die!</i>"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 3:48 pm 
Addict

Anybody else see this and think:

SONIC BOOM!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 5:21 pm 
Expatriate

Location: Screaming obsenities regarding untestable C++ software.
Actually I was thinking:

"It's just a flesh wound!"

..and..

"OMG... she actually did backstab him with a ballista."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 5:57 pm 
Expatriate

Personally, I'm just wondering which side of the conflict Sara's going to finally decide on.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 6:06 pm 
Green Text

BloodHenge wrote:
I thought it was Sarine shouting a warning in the third... which made no sense at all.

I thought the same thing at first glance, except that she was doing the attack in Yamasenken style. Seemed hilarious at the time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 7:00 pm 
Tourist

Boss Out of Town wrote:
Jeez, is that black ragged thing in the last panel a piece of carpet or a piece of floor? Since Jon missed the guy with his 700 Remington, Sarine's apparently gonna try her dependable 155mm-howitzer spell.

I do belive "that black ragged thing" is...um...Jon. Warrel was standing right on top of him, and Jon was in no position to dodge.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 8:48 pm 
Tourist

There's black raggedyness extending out past Jon's sillouette.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 8:55 pm 
Tourist

You know, you're right.

On closer examination, I'm going to make a wild prediction. Given that Sarine's spell appears to be a fairly wide area-effect spell, going off right next to a wounded Jon...

I'm going to say the tall Sillhouette is Sara, jumping in to shield Jon from Sarine's blast! :D

I could be wrong, but hey. Gotta be bold sometimes. If it turns out I'm right on Wednesday, you can all see I thought of it first. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 9:05 pm 
n00b

drunk wrote:
There's black raggedyness extending out past Jon's sillouette.

I think thats the bottom half of his coat/cloak/skirt getting blown up by the blast. An explosion like that will really get you warm under the kilt.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next