ZOMBIE FORUMS

It's a stinking, shambling corpse grotesquely parodying life.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:15 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 10:01 pm 
Addict

Location: Nyon, CH, near Geneve, on the shores of the Lac Leman. The heart of Suisse Romande.
trVekor wrote:
Hoping that Jon puts a bullet in Warrel's head as he flies back. Only to get even more crispied by Sarine's blast. Only to have Sara mysteriously move over and begin to heal Jon... Then the potential fight between Sarine and Sara can begin. Or not begin.

Actually, the fight I'd really love to see is the one between Anita and Sarine.

Last edited by Slamlander on Wed Oct 04, 2006 3:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 10:26 pm 
Local

normalphil wrote:
Capt CAM wrote:
If Warrel or Sarah make it back to base after this incident its going to create a huge shitstorm. From as far as they can tell <i>Elves are working with the Wraiths</i>.

And they slipped in a ranger to make sure the Ensigerum trap didn't work. The fight that is a cruicial link in Anita's plans. Then add in reports of the Elves full-court press against Ian, only Anita won't know that it's directed at Ian. Anita is going to lose it, bad.

The Elves only came around again after Veracia sent Luminosita to "knock on their door" so to speak. And the Ensignerum are, unbeknowst to most people on the continent, Veracia's enforcers/assassins/secret service. But that's certainly something that the Elves could be expected to discover without much difficulty. They are Elves, after all.

I imagine that when word of this present incident (and the massive Elf activity just starting up) gets out, it's not just going to be "wtf the Wraith have Elf backup". It's gonna be "wtf the Elves are invading Veracia". The Wraith will be seen as just hired human guns helping with the early stages of the Elven invasion (why else would the freakin' Elves be involved with a little group of plain-jane human assassins?)

I think we're not just looking at a Wraith/Ensigerum showdown, but a full on Elf/Priest war. At least that's how Veracia will see it. Anita of course will not take kindly to this upset of whatever plans she has brewing, and the Elves won't like it one bit when Veracia and/or the Ensigerum start attacking their Anti-Ian Squads.

It remains to be seen how Ian & Meji, Tsuiraku, or any of the other major powers will come to get involved in this conflict. (Man... that's gotta be an ego boost for Ian, being compared in power to an entire advanced civilization).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 10:41 pm 
Local

Forrest wrote:
normalphil wrote:
Capt CAM wrote:
If Warrel or Sarah make it back to base after this incident its going to create a huge shitstorm. From as far as they can tell <i>Elves are working with the Wraiths</i>.

And they slipped in a ranger to make sure the Ensigerum trap didn't work. The fight that is a cruicial link in Anita's plans. Then add in reports of the Elves full-court press against Ian, only Anita won't know that it's directed at Ian. Anita is going to lose it, bad.

The Elves only came around again after Veracia sent Luminosita to "knock on their door" so to speak. And the Ensignerum are, unbeknowst to most people on the continent, Veracia's enforcers/assassins/secret service. But that's certainly something that the Elves could be expected to discover without much difficulty. They are Elves, after all.

I imagine that when word of this present incident (and the massive Elf activity just starting up) gets out, it's not just going to be "wtf the Wraith have Elf backup". It's gonna be "wtf the Elves are invading Veracia". The Wraith will be seen as just hired human guns helping with the early stages of the Elven invasion (why else would the freakin' Elves be involved with a little group of plain-jane human assassins?)

I think we're not just looking at a Wraith/Ensigerum showdown, but a full on Elf/Priest war. At least that's how Veracia will see it. Anita of course will not take kindly to this upset of whatever plans she has brewing, and the Elves won't like it one bit when Veracia and/or the Ensigerum start attacking their Anti-Ian Squads.

It remains to be seen how Ian & Meji, Tsuiraku, or any of the other major powers will come to get involved in this conflict. (Man... that's gotta be an ego boost for Ian, being compared in power to an entire advanced civilization).

It's Anita's analysis that matters though (and Anita's going to be on a very short list of people that know about it in the first place). I see her as the type that interprets things to be about her. The elven activity will be directed against herself, for the purpose of somehow thwarting her schemes. And she's going to have circumstantial evidence to support that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 3:20 am 
Addict

Location: Nyon, CH, near Geneve, on the shores of the Lac Leman. The heart of Suisse Romande.
normalphil wrote:
Forrest wrote:
normalphil wrote:
Capt CAM wrote:
Slamlander wrote:
Well, neither of them were counting on Jon having elven backup. Their plans just got knocked into a cocked-up hat. Actually, if Anita ever hears about this then it's gonna tilt her political world inside-out. Gewehr, running around with full elves? She doesn't know that this is a one-off.

It's Anita's analysis that matters though (and Anita's going to be on a very short list of people that know about it in the first place). I see her as the type that interprets things to be about her. The elven activity will be directed against herself, for the purpose of somehow thwarting her schemes. And she's going to have circumstantial evidence to support that.

Well for one thing, it isn't quite clear that even Jon knows that she's a Ranger and of the humans, Jon knows her better than most. I don't think that Anita will even tell the church folk. She doesn't care about them unless she want to use them as tools.

Ergo, the escalation won't quite happen that way unless Anita panics. Somehow, I don't see her doing that, yet. Anita may be self-centered but she's also extremely disciplined, well-trained, and will be aware of that flaw in herself. She'll look for a second Elf/Gewehr pairing to verify the hypothesis.

What I do see, if Warrel doesn't sound a strategic retreat now, meaning that he continues to try and capture Jon in spite of the surprise presence of Sarine, that he either gets killed during the fight or Anita will kill him for incompetence. When things get this pear-shaped it's usually 'mission abort' time, even for the Ensigrum.

I suspect that he continues, leading to Sara's capture or defection, with Warrel either dead or next-to. Probably live to report to Anita, who will then kill him herself. Anita then send out a stand-down-and-watch alarm because there is at least one Gewehr Wraith working with at least one Elf and she needs to know whether this is an isloated incident.

What happens next is, because they are watching, they begin to see evidence of the Ian hunt.

The really big question is why Sarine went to find Jon in the first-place. The answer to that is simple, the Gewehr network has a better chance of locating them (Ian and Meji) than anyone and Jon is her only connection to the Gewehr. With any other Wraith, she'd have to prove her bona fides. Jon already knows that she's an elf of reasonable standing and decent competence.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 5:29 am 
n00b

Yeah, I'm new...been lurking for months now. *awaits the initiation rites*

Anyway. This is a little off the tangent above, but anyone notice the parallels between Ian/Toren and Jon/Warrel here?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 5:41 am 
Green Text

omg warrel watch your head man

Post subject: Someone has to be a lurker...
PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 6:18 am 
n00b

Finally, we're getting somewhere.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 6:59 am 
Local

I have a feeling that everyone here will survive. I think this is a setup for Jon and Sara to have a long-overdue sibling chat without trying to kill each other. What happens when they conclude their talk is anyone's guess.

As for why Sarine went after Jon, he does have Meji's familiar so that might give them an edge in locating her. She probably has feelings for the big galoot, no matter how hard she may deny it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 8:04 am 
Addict

Location: In front of the computer, doing things best left undescribed
Slamlander wrote:
normalphil wrote:
Forrest wrote:
normalphil wrote:
Capt CAM wrote:
Slamlander wrote:
Well, neither of them were counting on Jon having elven backup. Their plans just got knocked into a cocked-up hat. Actually, if Anita ever hears about this then it's gonna tilt her political world inside-out. Gewehr, running around with full elves? She doesn't know that this is a one-off.

Well for one thing, it isn't quite clear that even Jon knows that she's a Ranger and of the humans, Jon knows her better than most. I don't think that Anita will even tell the church folk. She doesn't care about them unless she want to use them as tools.

Ergo, the escalation won't quite happen that way unless Anita panics. Somehow, I don't see her doing that, yet. Anita may be self-centered but she's also extremely disciplined, well-trained, and will be aware of that flaw in herself. She'll look for a second Elf/Gewehr pairing to verify the hypothesis.

What I do see, if Warrel doesn't sound a strategic retreat now, meaning that he continues to try and capture Jon in spite of the surprise presence of Sarine, that he either gets killed during the fight or Anita will kill him for incompetence. When things get this pear-shaped it's usually 'mission abort' time, even for the Ensigrum.

I suspect that he continues, leading to Sara's capture or defection, with Warrel either dead or next-to. Probably live to report to Anita, who will then kill him herself. Anita then send out a stand-down-and-watch alarm because there is at least one Gewehr Wraith working with at least one Elf and she needs to know whether this is an isloated incident.

What happens next is, because they are watching, they begin to see evidence of the Ian hunt.

The really big question is why Sarine went to find Jon in the first-place. The answer to that is simple, the Gewehr network has a better chance of locating them (Ian and Meji) than anyone and Jon is her only connection to the Gewehr. With any other Wraith, she'd have to prove her bona fides. Jon already knows that she's an elf of reasonable standing and decent competence.

Jon IS aware of Sarine's mission to kill off half-elves, and said as much. He obviously isn't clear on all the details, but he's got the important parts right.

Pyro: Noun. Practicioner of the ancient and gentle arts of burning shit down and blowing shit up.

DNI'd by actor_au

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 8:57 am 
Local

Slamlander wrote:

Back when Jon ran off without her, before she went back to Praeternablis Atsu, she was saying that she needed Jon to help her approach Ian and Meji because Meji already doesn't trust her, and Ian doesn't know her at all beside that she is an Elf and must be violently hurled through walls (or worse) at the earliest convenience.

Both of the half-elves, however, know and to some extent trust Jon. He's her best hope of getting to talk to them without it automatically turning into a firefight.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 9:44 am 
Addict

Jon is aware of the conflict from the book that Ian had. Therefore, he doesn't quite trust Sarine around Meji. However, he is also aware that there were two sides and that Sarine may be on the side that supports half-elves or is at least willing to cut them a break.

Thus far, we have only seen Sarine whack the psycho-killer half-elves and then only after their guilt has been proven to her satisfaction. We still don't know what the half-elf birth defect is. We have also heard Ian's paranoia and some of that was confirmed by Sarine herself. Note that she was confirming this to Meji. Had she been one of the kill half-elves on sight bunch then we might not have heard that and she wouldn't have had that super-angsty moment back then, before she climbed Jon's pole, either.

The trust bit, WRT Ian is probably dead-on, mitigated by Meji's influence.

WRT los gato, yes, she also needed to find Jon in order to get the cat. Ergo, Sarine had three reasons to find Jon; 1: his inter-relational trust with the half-elves, 2: The cat may be useful has a homing device (but that's not proven), and 3: Jon's connection to the Gewehr network. I also agree with Initial_B's post that Sarine has suppressed feelings for Jon and for that matter, maternal feelings for Meji too. The latter is not something anyone of the current cast would suspect nor is it something that Sarine would explicitly acknowlege or act on.

So I stand corrected in bits and expanded in others :P

But the main goal is that she has to get to Ian and Meji before the other elves find them. The current dust-up is getting in her way.

As a matter of course, Sarine isn't going to let anyone kill Jon or even take him prisoner, at this point. She has lots invested in his continued survival.

All other hopes aside, I think that a single Elven Ranger is more than a match for any two human time ninjas. However, I think that Jon did well just marking Warrel.

Now, if the point is to get Sara and Jon to have a pow-wow then I don't exactly see how it's gonna happen without Warrel dying. He's the fifth wheel no matter what. Sara isn't going to slow down and talk while Warrel is in the picture and they both should be looking for the nearest exit anyway, unless she wants to defect to her brother. It may be that she kills Warrel.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 2:12 pm 
Local

Forrest wrote:
Back when Jon ran off without her, before she went back to Praeternablis Atsu, she was saying that she needed Jon to help her approach Ian and Meji because Meji already doesn't trust her, and Ian doesn't know her at all beside that she is an Elf and must be violently hurled through walls (or worse) at the earliest convenience.

Both of the half-elves, however, know and to some extent trust Jon. He's her best hope of getting to talk to them without it automatically turning into a firefight.

Because everyone knows that Ellis can't be trusted in that capacity.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 2:37 pm 
Addict

No one takes familiars seriously, especially Ellis.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 3:47 pm 
Local

Slamlander wrote:
trVekor wrote:
Hoping that Jon puts a bullet in Warrel's head as he flies back. Only to get even more crispied by Sarine's blast. Only to have Sara mysteriously move over and begin to heal Jon... Then the potential fight between Sarine and Sara can begin. Or not begin.

Actually, the fight I'd really love to see is the one between Anita and Sarine.

This fight will begin with them tied down and connected via a double dildo with magical vibration and neural feedback. They will be gently caressed by forest nymphs while this battle is ongoing, during the inevitable pauses, the nymphs will apply scented oils to heal any minor cuts sustained from the fierce poundings they administered to each other.

"Also, I've been told I have to stop replying to the retardation or an angry Jew will bite the shit out of me."- Onion
"...she's got the two things needed to make women happy -- a penis and great breasts."-bellofthedamned

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 3:54 pm 
Local

Slamlander wrote:

Thus far, we have only seen Sarine whack the psycho-killer half-elves and then only after their guilt has been proven to her satisfaction. We still don't know what the half-elf birth defect is. We have also heard Ian's paranoia and some of that was confirmed by Sarine herself. Note that she was confirming this to Meji. Had she been one of the kill half-elves on sight bunch then we might not have heard that and she wouldn't have had that super-angsty moment back then, before she climbed Jon's pole, either.

You could have quote the first dialogue of this page:
http://www.errantstory.com/archive.php?date=2006-06-21

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 5:41 pm 
Addict

Aha! I forgot about that bit. Actually, I glossed over it while ....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 11:39 am 
Tourist

Two facts will now come into play...

1) Cocky jerks always have trouble in fights, because fighting irony is never good for your ability to breath.
2) Delving into the past is bad for loyalty, so never let your peons do it.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3