ZOMBIE FORUMS

It's a stinking, shambling corpse grotesquely parodying life.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:35 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 9:52 am 
Tourist

The expression on Sarine's face in the final panel is why I like her so much.

That and the fact that, uber as she so obviously is, she still came after Jon to help her with Meji/Ian. Lovely, complicated, messed-up relationship between them that I very much look forward to seeing develop.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 10:18 am 
Local

I know this question must have come up, but do we know anything about Sarine's abilites in relation to other elves? I would think she's better than say...Misa, but what about other elves older than her?

Is she very accomplished? I think this strip shows she's definitely got the drop on humans, lol.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 12:42 pm 
Local

You people are going to crucify me for this...

Michael Poe wrote:
Hell, before the war one of their primary purposes besides being guards/disposable military/handy breeding stock for elf females who happened to want a half elf kid, were as gladiators fighting each other so the human they were serving wouldn’t have to go to the trouble of arranging an official duel themselves.

You mean

==> ... the elves they were serving ...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 1:24 pm 
Native

Neko7 wrote:

Michael Poe wrote:
Hell, before the war one of their primary purposes besides being guards/disposable military/handy breeding stock for elf females who happened to want a half elf kid, were as gladiators fighting each other so the human they were serving wouldn’t have to go to the trouble of arranging an official duel themselves.

You mean

I was very sleepy when I wrote it, you're all lucky half the words were even spelled right.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 4:31 pm 
Addict

Neko7 wrote:

Michael Poe wrote:

You mean

... the elves they were servicing ...

Corrected. It's best to use exact language whenever possible.

"We are not going to die! And do you know why? Because Thomas is too pretty to die. And because I'm too stubborn to die. And most of all because tomorrow is Oktoberfest, Butters, and <i>polka will never die!</i>"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 8:00 pm 
Local

For funny of a different sort, compare Jon and Sarine's jumps down the same wall. Indentical background really helps.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 4:59 pm 
Local

She's certainly in no danger of getting her butt handed to her by a few Ensigerum, that's for sure.

However, I wonder what the policy is on spilling info about the hidden village? If she tortured one of them, would they give up the info, or would they rather die than speak?

Questions, questions, questions. Where is the new twist leading? And where is Meji? (We know where's she supposedly going, but is she there yet? And where's Ellis for that matter?)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 7:37 pm 
Local

bellofthedamned wrote:
She's certainly in no danger of getting her butt handed to her by a few Ensigerum, that's for sure.

However, I wonder what the policy is on spilling info about the hidden village? If she tortured one of them, would they give up the info, or would they rather die than speak?

Questions, questions, questions. Where is the new twist leading? And where is Meji? (We know where's she supposedly going, but is she there yet? And where's Ellis for that matter?)

my guess at this point is that when sarine disappeared for a few minutes before it was to free Ellis. Why should she do this you ask? Well, for one thing Ellis is a rather powerful distractive force, one which she plans to exploit at just the right moment.
thats my half-assed 2 cents.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 9:02 pm 
Addict

Location: Nyon, CH, near Geneve, on the shores of the Lac Leman. The heart of Suisse Romande.
bellofthedamned wrote:
I know this question must have come up, but do we know anything about Sarine's abilites in relation to other elves? I would think she's better than say...Misa, but what about other elves older than her?

Is she very accomplished? I think this strip shows she's definitely got the drop on humans, lol.

Yes we do. Even amongst elves, she's an uber-fighter special forces type.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 10:06 pm 
Expatriate

Personally I'd be inclined to think Sarine's better at fighting than other elves older than her. Reasons include.......

1) She's spent the time going around fighting errants rather than sitting at home.
2) We saw the elven Armies OFFCIER get trashe by Ian
3) She considered said offcer an idiot.
4) She defeated an elf who was left behind to guard an incrdibly important secret when jumped by surrpise

And to play devils advocate

1) Sarine hasn't been honing her skills for 3,000 years as the majority of that time the elves were sealed off from the rest of the world and she was sealed off with them.
2) With an eternity to pracitce your skills there's a tendency to slack off if it isn't something you love. After all so what if you spend 50 years or so doing nothing but fishing you can alway's get back in shape.

On a personal note I agree that Sarine has a great look in that last panel and Warren's probably going to get trashed since her attitude and actions so far indicate that while they didn't know this Eseingarm was the same one she has dealt with them before and the higher up Eseingarm tend to slack off the combat training and Warren has a tendency to get sloppy on top of that. Of course Warrens also over confident with his your going to die elf whore comment considering he didn't even know she wass there till she almost killed him. Sara's the wild card I'm looking forward to seeing played.

Post subject: Re: Squeeeeeee! A new comic! thank you Poe and Impy.
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 10:22 pm 
Expatriate

Slamlander wrote:
Now we know what side of the Elf wars the Ensigerum were on*.

1 One side: Radical Humanists against interbreeding with Elves (*this one)
2 Another: Radical Elvists against interbreeding with Humans

The above two groups may not necessarily have liked each other much but may have worked together for a common goal.

3 Yet another: Humans, Elves, and Half-elves. A melange of defenders.

Much of the Elvin city belongs to group 2 but they are also mixed with the Elves from group 3. Sarine is clearly from group 3 while Meji's father hails from group 2.

Clearly, the war hadn't ended, just petered out and ready to re-ignite at any time.

The real question; Who is the 'they' that Sarine mentions that fed her the 'just some group of thugs who borrowed the name from some old legend'? That sounds too much like group 2 hiding the existance of group 1 from the Elvin Council.

All we need now is Meji and Ian, tracking down Meji's pussy, showing up at this little party.

Oh and this means that Warrel and Sara will immediately try to kill any half-elves they meet.

Warrel is about to die.

Wow nifty cool theories! I luv 'em and they sound 'bout right!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 3:12 am 
Local

bellofthedamned wrote:

Would Sarine torture them? She's certainly not above intimidating them, maybe roughing them up a bit, but she doesn't seem like the torturing type.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 8:48 pm 
Expatriate

Noone ever seems like the torturing type until the first time they need to do it. Well ok, maybe a few people, but my point stands.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 11:47 am 
Expatriate

BloodHenge wrote:
bellofthedamned wrote:

Would Sarine torture them? She's certainly not above intimidating them, maybe roughing them up a bit, but she doesn't seem like the torturing type.

Why should she bother? See <a href="http://www.errantstory.com/archive.php?date=2005-07-18">here.</a>

<a href="http://forums.kyhm.com/viewtopic.php?t=9393">DNI'ed</a> by Impy <a href="http://forums.kyhm.com/viewtopic.php?t=9340&start=22">while</a> being <a href="http://forums.kyhm.com/viewtopic.php?t=9372&start=30">initiated</a> by Insane_Megalamaniac.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 2:57 pm 
Local

Charm Person, the best interrogation tool there is.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 5:29 pm 
Addict

In my D&D group, I play the cleric. He's... got interesting priorities.

For example, he once used Enthrall to stop a battle cold and rather than determining things like, oh, the way to the treasure we were after, he instead held a lenghty discussion about his sex life.

Once the characters finally recovered, they nicknamed the spell "Fillibuster" and forbade Selvay to ever use it when they were conscious again.

-_-'

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 5:39 pm 
Green Text

Brings back memories of my own cleric... Enthrall can be hilarious.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3