ZOMBIE FORUMS

It's a stinking, shambling corpse grotesquely parodying life.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:12 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 102 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 11:50 am 
Local

Why is it that I expect Sara to yell out "MOMMMM!! JON'S PICKING ON ME!"

Would have been even better if Jon had waved his fingers around infront of her first saying "I'm not touching you... I'm not touching you... I'm not touching you..."

Apophenia 357

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 12:30 pm 
Tourist

for some reason, i REALLY want to see Jon break the dolan in half across his knee like it was a broomstick, lift Sara up by the collar with one hand and yell:

"yeah, what's up bitch!!"

followed by him shooting Ellis in the face with the other hand, just to show her how fucking serious he is, followed by:

"...now that we've got THAT shit out da way, you mind telling me why the fuck you and your dead buddy over there tried to ambush and assassinate me? if you're going to clam up, i'll just let my lady friend over there sodomize what's left of him with the dull end of his own weapon, and make you taste it until you decide to talk!! ...Oh, and by the way, nice to see you again, baby sister. Long time no see, and all that..."

Because Jon's a fuckin' gangsta, and the man's looking for answers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 2:35 pm 
Expatriate

:rofl: :laugh:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 2:38 pm 
n00b

Yay Jon!!

Smite me, but I expected the fight finale in color. Maybe, there is more bad-assness coming up shortly.

Post subject: Re: bullet time
PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 4:11 pm 
n00b

cipactli wrote:
Is that the bullet next to Warrel's blade?
Any thoughts on the panels being in sync time-wise? If they are, then Jon managed to body-slam sara in the time it took the bullet to travel to Warrel. That's ..... well fast doesn't seem to cover it.
I was thinking about this, and perhaps Warrell merely decided to slow the bullet rather than speed up himself, that created an interesting theoretical self-thought brain conversation thing:
"oh noes, a bullet, should i slow it down and stop it, or speed myself up and stop it?"
"Hmm, well, bullets are small, so that means less stuff i have to slow"
"ha! stupid bullet, that was easy"
*Shrrip*
"Oh yeah, that's why it's better to speed myself up instead. Also, ow"

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 4:23 pm 
Tourist

sniboboof wrote:
cipactli wrote:
Any thoughts on the panels being in sync time-wise? If they are, then Jon managed to body-slam sara in the time it took the bullet to travel to Warrel. That's ..... well fast doesn't seem to cover it.
I was thinking about this, and perhaps Warrell merely decided to slow the bullet rather than speed up himself, that created an interesting theoretical self-thought brain conversation thing:
"oh noes, a bullet, should i slow it down and stop it, or speed myself up and stop it?"
*Shrrip*

And you think he can think all of that before the bullet ventilates his head?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 4:25 pm 
Expatriate

yeah... synapses in your brain fire quicker than a bullet moves..

shit... another dead catgirl..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 4:28 pm 
<Insert Witty Custom Title Here>

Look at it this way: You're controlling the catgirl population. The reproduce in litters and reach maturity fairly quickly, so if we do not have at least one good physics discussion in a fantasy setting, they will soon overpopulate the world, and become the dominant species. Now if only physics discussion also delt with those pesky vampires and lycans...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 5:04 pm 
Local

DarkTemplar4ever wrote:
Look at it this way: You're controlling the catgirl population. The reproduce in litters and reach maturity fairly quickly....

Not to mention, they breed like, well... cats in heat.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 5:18 pm 
<Insert Witty Custom Title Here>

Yes, we can't forget that little fact. Perhaps we need to set aside a "Physics in Fantasy" Discussion pannel just to help keep the population in check.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 5:23 pm 
n00b

Personally, I'm a fan of using the old 'radioactive holocaust on Endor' discussion when counteracting the catgirl reproduction rate. That way you have the added bonus of keeping the Ewok population down.

But yes....cheers to Sarine for using the opening as best possible. The look on Warrell's face is classic. "Okay, now to just turn aroun.....I can't feel anything beneath my neck anymore....well crap."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 5:24 pm 
Local

I wonder if Sarine was baiting Warrel, giving him the upper hand here, so he could gloat, wasting his time. I mean, if he saw her as a true threat, he could have killed her instantly, and yet, he let her live on as he thought he'd make her death tortorous, meaning he was sure he could kill her. Maybe Sarine's little show, "Oh you know...trained the one who trained..." was to bait him into it. No guts, no glory, she took a few hits, but in the end, she takes Warrel out.

Of course, there was no garauntee that Jon would get the jump on Sara, but I suppose Sarine was confident in their shared abilities to the point where she trusted Jon, and if not, I wonder if she figured she could crush both of them anyway?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 5:44 pm 
Native

Or maybe that bitch was in over her head and just got really lucky.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 6:01 pm 
Expatriate

Kazebari wrote:

Somebody hand this man a fucking cookie.

Anyway. I'm pretty sure Jon slammed that thing down across Sara's throat, or at the very least her collarbone. She's not gonna be able to time magic her way out of a lack of oxygen.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 8:42 pm 
Tourist

hi hi

Or perhaps the Ensigerum isnt quite so awesome and totally unstoppable as they would like to believe, hence their leader's distaste for their decreased combat prowess. Perhaps that group of wraiths that got slaughtered, died because they panicked.

Who knows? Perhaps we're in for an explanation as soon as they get the heck out of dodge.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 9:05 pm 
n00b

I don't see how anyone could think Warrel ISN'T dead.

Think about it, Sarine is behind him. The blade is clearly protruding angled upward about 3/5's through his torso. Not only would his spine most likely be severed, but his windpipe, lungs, and various major blood vessels. If he didn't die from the severing of his spine he would surely die from bloodloss.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 9:27 pm 
Addict

Tiamat wrote:
Kazebari wrote:

Somebody hand this man a fucking cookie.

I am looking forward to her first lines as Jon kneels to ask her, lying face down on the floor, if she's going to be able to heal her back or if he has to carry her out . . .

Quote:
Sarine, whispering: "Jon? I messed up bad, Jon."

Jon, reloading cartridges: "Ain't none of us having a good day, so far."

Sarine, trying to rise: "Aaaugh . . . dammit, Jon, after all these centuries, I don't want to die in a piss-hole cathedral to a phony god."

Jon, lending a hand: "Me neither. Damn, you're heavy even without the armor. My back hasn't hurt this bad since that night you wiped out of my mind."

Sarine, on her hands and knees, putting a glowing hand to her back: "Jon, help me or shoot me, but don't moan at me."

Jon, crouching, eyeing the door, gun ready: "You're lucky it's my week to help 3000 year old ladies across the street."

Sarine mouths a harsh, foul-sounding stream of untranslatable Elvish as she crawls over to have a look at Sara, hog-tied on the floor with her own sash . . .

"We are not going to die! And do you know why? Because Thomas is too pretty to die. And because I'm too stubborn to die. And most of all because tomorrow is Oktoberfest, Butters, and <i>polka will never die!</i>"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 9:35 pm 
Addict

Tiamat wrote:
Anyway. I'm pretty sure Jon slammed that thing down across Sara's throat, or at the very least her collarbone. She's not gonna be able to time magic her way out of a lack of oxygen.

Hee . . . Looking at the arrangement of the hands in both panels, it appears that Jon, instead of just grabbing the dolan, wrenched it around clockwise. Sara unwisely refused to let go, so big brother spun her and her weapon in mid-air like a doll tied to a baton. Then he reversed his grip to throw his weight on the weapon and bring it down tight on her throat as she impacted on the floor.

I dimly recall that maneuver described as a good way to take out an attacking doberman, but it works on your little sister if she's small enough.

"We are not going to die! And do you know why? Because Thomas is too pretty to die. And because I'm too stubborn to die. And most of all because tomorrow is Oktoberfest, Butters, and <i>polka will never die!</i>"

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 10:32 pm 
n00b

OK Computer wrote:
sniboboof wrote:
cipactli wrote:
*Shrrip*

And you think he can think all of that before the bullet ventilates his head?
since he slowed the bullet, surely, but before being decapitated at the shoulder, who knows?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 10:56 pm 
&lt;Insert Witty Custom Title Here&gt;

speaking of decapitation, does anyone think that Warrel's decap seems to be at a weird angle?

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 102 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next