ZOMBIE FORUMS

It's a stinking, shambling corpse grotesquely parodying life.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:23 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 19 posts ] 
 Post subject: Happy Birthday Errant Story!
PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 2:52 pm 
Local

So is Poe gonna send his baby off to kindergarten soon, or wait until she's a little older before so she can beat up all the other webcomics?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 3:55 pm 
Tourist

About 3 chapters a year, then?
Very good.

I also realize how bad my grasp of time is, I had no idea it'd been running for so long.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 4:06 pm 
Addict

Poe creates about 130 to 140 pages a year.

I imagine he could readily complete the 160 to 180 pages for a book every year if he weren't doing it as a set-updates webcomic... he'd be able to change the pacing and the level of detail to be something more appropriate for a printed work if that were the case.

-_-'

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 5:18 pm 
Expatriate

looks great to me... (i switch between 28" HD t.v. and 19" HD flatscreen on either computer)

:-D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 8:39 pm 
Addict

drunk wrote:
About 3 chapters a year, then?
Very good.

I also realize how bad my grasp of time is, I had no idea it'd been running for so long.

If by "3" you mean "6", then sure. (Hint: The archives page doesn't actually list all the chapters yet.)

Times flies, doesn't it? Seems like it wasn't that long ago that I remember hearing about how the guy who did Exploitation Now had another comic going. I think I started in the first chapter, and look where it's gotten to now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 8:43 pm 
Addict

Location: In front of the computer, doing things best left undescribed
Man. I feel old. It seems like yesterday EN was still updating. :cry:

Happy anniversary, Poe! Here's to more ES!

Incidentally, when was the last time we calculated how much time had passed in the comic? Meji's only got three months, and I think we've nearly gone for one.

Pyro: Noun. Practicioner of the ancient and gentle arts of burning shit down and blowing shit up.

DNI'd by actor_au

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 9:08 pm 
Tourist

Heh, I thought I remembered there being more than 12. On looking at the Archives page, I was thinking "Wow, these chapters must've been a lot longer than I remembered..."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 9:30 pm 
Addict

Gah! The archive page link is supposed to go to the wiki!

I know we've changed it at least once... probably the better plan would be to just update the archive page, though... *goes off to do that*

Edit: Changing the archive page will have to wait until we return from Diplocon, as I can't seem to find where the code is coming from, and don't have time to edit it.

>.<'

Last edited by Imp-Chan on Thu Nov 02, 2006 1:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 9:34 pm 
Local

Insane_Megalamaniac wrote:
Incidentally, when was the last time we calculated how much time had passed in the comic? Meji's only got three months, and I think we've nearly gone for one.

Well, since it was decreed by Poe via his scary little redheaded girl that we're about 1/3 of the way through the story, I wouldn't be surprised if we're about 1/3 of the way to Meji's deadline.

I guess if we really wanted to we could click through the entire comic and count how many night scenes there are... but that wouldn't necessarily give us an accurate count of days, as days may have passed by off-screen or between chapters, etc.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 9:39 pm 
Addict

Actually, I think Impy said that around 400 pages, meaning the entire comic would have around 1200. Seeing as we're at *checks* 575 or so, we've got about half a story left.

Course, my memory could be wrong (and my local archive could be giving me weird numbers for some odd reason).

Still, that's freaking epic.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 12:07 am 
Local

I dedicate this piece of rice chocolate, that I'm eating, to the vitality and well-being of ErrantStory. *chants a bit*

Mm. What a tasty, tasty piece of rice chocolate.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 1:38 am 
Addict

4 years of a damned fine comic. Rock on, you black emperor.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 8:26 am 
Tourist

Congratulations!
4 years of outright awesome in an easily-digested format. Thank you very much. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 11:50 am 
Addict

Wark wrote:
Actually, I think Impy said that around 400 pages, meaning the entire comic would have around 1200. Seeing as we're at *checks* 575 or so, we've got about half a story left.

Course, my memory could be wrong (and my local archive could be giving me weird numbers for some odd reason).

Actually, I remember hearing a rather long time ago that when Ian came back, that was halfway. However, I can't verify that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 5:03 pm 
Expatriate

Here's to one of the best webcomics around. Cheers, doods!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 5:05 pm 
Expatriate

Cheers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 5:59 pm 
Addict

Congratulations. Errant Story is the classiest serious fantasy comic going right now, and I speak as one who has been looking for others to occupy what's left of my attention.

"We are not going to die! And do you know why? Because Thomas is too pretty to die. And because I'm too stubborn to die. And most of all because tomorrow is Oktoberfest, Butters, and <i>polka will never die!</i>"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 7:00 pm 
Local

Skjie wrote:
Wark wrote:

Actually, I remember hearing a rather long time ago that when Ian came back, that was halfway. However, I can't verify that.

That was the event which I recall being the 1/3 point.

Also, going by quotes from Ozymandius and the Random Idiot, we were about 1/3 of the way through the combined length of both poems there.

I wonder if the story is actually set up in nice thirds. It seems like Ian's return marks a nice point in the story there that evenly divides the story thus far with the story subsequent to it. In the first... lets call it movement, in the musical sense. In the first movement (excluding the prologue), we begin with Meji in Tsuiraku, who then picks up Jon, and later Ian, and after losing Ian, Sarine... the whole thing culminating with Ian's return with godlike powers, and the breakup of that little party. The plot of that movement was "the quest for the second volume of the Lorenzel Excavations and whatever the hell it contains", namely, the location Anilis' resting place.

Now the second movement begins with Sarine in Praeternabulis (sp?), who has now come to pick up Jon, and it looks like they're going to unexpectedly pick up Sara as well - we've got a nice little adventuring party again. I imagine that the main plot of this movement will be far more political than the previous one, involving actions of the Ensigerum and the Wraiths, as well as related issues of Elven and Veracian politics. I suspect that Ian and Meji will probably play the same minor roles in this movement that the Ensigerum/Wraith conflicts did in the first movement; important asides, but not the main plot of this part of the story.

I will make the prognostication now that this second movement of the story will culminate when our two separate plots once again collide, tensions high in the Elven and Veracian governments, Ensigerum/Wraith conflict coming to a point, and then Ian and Meji show up on the scene, perhaps Meji herself with godlike powers, having found Senilis' resting place in the meanwhile. (Odd that Ian gets the she-god and Meji gets the he-god). The resolution of THAT cliffhanger will be the third and final movement of Poe's grand masterpiece.

And in the end, Frodo will return to the shi... er, Meji will return to Tsuirakushiti and make the place earn it's name by crashing the whole damn floating whatsit into the ocean, graduating with honors and moving on to bigger and better things. Like Ian's.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 7:31 am 
Addict

Forrest wrote:
And in the end, Frodo will return to the shi... er, Meji will return to Tsuirakushiti and make the place earn it's name by crashing the whole damn floating whatsit into the ocean, graduating with honors and moving on to bigger and better things. Like Ian's.

Yeah, probably.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 19 posts ]