ZOMBIE FORUMS

It's a stinking, shambling corpse grotesquely parodying life.
It is currently Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:31 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]




Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 1:01 pm 
Offline
Local

Joined: Wed Feb 16, 2005 8:28 pm
Posts: 225
Location: Far, far away
Wark wrote:
Skjie wrote:
hi2u Adam's Apple in panel two.


Oh hey, what do you know.

As for the subject relating to flying... I'm pretty sure the notion of flying for any amount of distance, period, is absolutely insane, as reference by this comic. Saying they flew from Tsuiraku, as opposed to some other far-off place, doesn't make it any more ridiculous.


Not necessarily. In that comic, Meji merely points out that he beat the record for continuous levitation 20 times over. But we don't know how long he's been flying.

Granted, it might not be much, a 10 minute record would have her counting about 200 minutes, or 3 hours 20 minutes. But again, that's only continuous levitation. There might be other ways to fly (if, for instance, resting 5 minutes let you fly another 6, two people flying in tandem could reasonably cover the globe flying).

I just find it odd that Meji might let something like that slip by, if flying was such a weird mode of travel. Not to mention, Riley didn't seem surprised about that bit.

_________________
I got nuthin'


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 1:43 pm 
Offline
Addict
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2003 1:30 pm
Posts: 4330
Location: Not a hellish, Onionian future...
Wark wrote:
So, Riley's not so much a girl with a penis, but a guy with tits.

...

I'd still hit it.

Amen, brother. Riley could not possibly be more perfect without being a true, honest to god herm.

_________________
actor_au wrote:
Labrat's friends can't run away, as they are only the skins of the people he's drowned in his own semen, carefully stitched together and stuffed with cooking chocolate.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 1:46 pm 
Offline
Local
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 19, 2006 3:40 pm
Posts: 315
Location: Somewhere In The Space-Time Continuum
Kian wrote:
I just find it odd that Meji might let something like that slip by, if flying was such a weird mode of travel. Not to mention, Riley didn't seem surprised about that bit.


Airships have been previously mentioned.

If I say "I just flew in from New York" you don't assume I literally flapped my arms the whole way over; you assume I took an airplane. Same thing may be at work here - Meji is equivocating and it's working, or she just doesn't care and Riley and Leah misunderstood her.

Jon certainly seems to think that Ian flying was a big deal, and while he hates magic he does seem familiar enough with mages. So if they made a habit of flying, he probably wouldn't think so much of Ian doing so.

_________________
-Forrest Cameranesi, Geek of All Trades
"I am Sam. Sam I am. I do not like trolls, flames, or spam."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 2:27 pm 
Offline
Expatriate

Joined: Thu Dec 23, 2004 10:11 am
Posts: 100
Location: Denmark
Skjie wrote:
hi2u Adam's Apple in panel two.


That looks like a collarbone to me.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 3:17 pm 
Offline
Green Text

Joined: Thu Dec 12, 2002 5:00 pm
Posts: 4126
Location: Clouds, rain, and green fields...
Whoa, didn't notice that before.

Wark wrote:
So, Riley's not so much a girl with a penis, but a guy with tits.

More like Aiesu amirite?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 6:05 pm 
Offline
n00b

Joined: Tue Oct 31, 2006 11:04 pm
Posts: 15
Szar Lakol wrote:
Skjie wrote:
hi2u Adam's Apple in panel two.


That looks like a collarbone to me.


Ditto, judging from the position of said collarbone in comparison to Riley's necklace in the previous panel.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Now why the hell would you link me that map? Do you see the little name in the corner?
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 10:11 pm 
Offline
Addict
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 08, 2005 8:40 am
Posts: 1090
Location: Nyon, CH, near Geneve, on the shores of the Lac Leman. The heart of Suisse Romande.
Kestenvarn wrote:
Query: do you read post titles? (Y/N)


You mean that tiny fine blurry print at the top that's nominally called a subject line? Not usually.

Yes, I caught the name ... later. Thought it was funny when I did. :lol:

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Flying at all, for one. Probably not existence, but the claim that she comes from there. Etc.
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 8:10 am 
Offline
Local
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2005 10:56 pm
Posts: 209
Slamlander wrote:
Kestenvarn wrote:
Quote:
The incredulousness that Riley shows is disbelief that they actually flew that far and not disbelief in Tsuiraku's existence.

That's a stretch, Slam.


Not much of one.

Meji wrote:
... we flew all the way here without much of a stop ...

Riley wrote:
So, where you coming from?

Meji wrote:
...Tsuiraku...

Riley wrote:
yeah ... right


It sounds like Meji just claimed to have arrived from Tsuiraku, which if you look at this map, seems far fetched. Yes, they are somewhere in the Northern Confederacy.

Now, we know that she actually started from somewhere in Veracia. Classic misunderstanding.


I don't agree with you:

Riley wrote:
So where you coming from, Meji?


The use of "Meji", and not "You two", made the question clearly about "where do you live, Meji" or "where is your house?", etc...

Meji wrote:
...Tsuiraku...

Riley wrote:
yeah ... right


The disbelief here is more about the fact that there is no half-elf at Tsuiraku.
That is a fact known by everyone concerned (meaning: the elfs and the other half-elfs), and it would be still true if it wasn't for the 2 "random" fact that the elf ambassador sent to Tsuiraku was a Rinkai Erefu and that Meji's mother was so drunk that she botched her contraceptive spell.

Therefore, since everyone know that there is no half-elf at Tsuiraku, if Meji said that she come from overthere, for the rest of the world she must be lying.

_________________
IAN DID IT!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 9:21 am 
Offline
Local
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 30, 2002 5:00 pm
Posts: 345
Location: The Astral Plane
You're making this into a dichotomy needlessly...

It's not like she believed the first claim very much, so it might be a generic "you're so full of shit I won't believe anything you say, especially when I know they aren't possible".


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 4:44 pm 
Offline
Local
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 14, 2006 10:11 am
Posts: 304
Location: The South...
Wow...you guys are so anal-retentive you should be gay.

Let's just say Riley doesn't believe her, for whatever reason, for whatever she's saying.

_________________
***Kitty says, "Rawr".***


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 6:00 pm 
Offline
Tourist
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 12:46 pm
Posts: 39
Hey I may be anal retentive, butt (sic) I am not gay. at least I assume I am not gay, last time anything worked I was with a female. But that was a long time ago so I would have to go with a- rather than hetro-/homo-


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: How about we go with the flow for once...?
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 8:48 pm 
Offline
Green Text

Joined: Thu Dec 12, 2002 5:00 pm
Posts: 4126
Location: Clouds, rain, and green fields...
bellofthedamned wrote:
Let's just say Riley doesn't believe her, for whatever reason, for whatever she's saying.

This is my stance... but it seems unacceptable to some; too generic. They must speculate the most precise reason, for some reason beyond speculation.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: I've just been wanting to say this for a while...
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 9:16 pm 
Offline
Local
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 19, 2006 3:40 pm
Posts: 315
Location: Somewhere In The Space-Time Continuum
Look!

Up in the sky!

Is it drunk?

Is it retarded?

No, it's...

STUPOR IAN!

_________________
-Forrest Cameranesi, Geek of All Trades
"I am Sam. Sam I am. I do not like trolls, flames, or spam."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 10:55 pm 
Offline
Addict
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 08, 2005 8:40 am
Posts: 1090
Location: Nyon, CH, near Geneve, on the shores of the Lac Leman. The heart of Suisse Romande.
Another possibility occured to me; Icarus Syndrome.

Ian is showing classic signs of oxygen deprivation.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 12:55 am 
Offline
Green Text

Joined: Thu Dec 12, 2002 5:00 pm
Posts: 4126
Location: Clouds, rain, and green fields...
...and Meji?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 2:36 am 
Offline
Local

Joined: Sat Aug 05, 2006 12:23 am
Posts: 490
Location: none
She's from a flying city. Maybe she has a greater lung capacity, like Sherpas.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group