ZOMBIE FORUMS

It's a stinking, shambling corpse grotesquely parodying life.
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:25 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: [12/06] Is he drunk? Is he retarded?
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 12:35 am 
Local

WE MAY NEVER KNOW!

I like how they immediately rule out drunk and switch to mentally impared. Yes, this is Soooooo much better.

And you know what? Riley *is* hot. Schedule her for surgery and bring on the half-elf s3xx0rs.

Post subject: Re: [12/06] Is he drunk? Is he retarded?
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 1:14 am 
Local

Destichado wrote:
WE MAY NEVER KNOW!

I like how they immediately rule out drunk and switch to mentally impared. Yes, this is Soooooo much better.

And you know what? Riley *is* hot. Schedule her for surgery and bring on the half-elf s3xx0rs.

No thanks, I'll keep Riley anatomically correct. :-D

My first thought on this comic: do the half-elves of Santuariel know that Tsuirakushiti is decloaked yet, or is the last thing the heard of it "our fabulous floating half-elven city disappeared and then Elves started killing us"?

If the former, they're just a little incredulous that someone way the heck over in the Confederacy came all the way from Tsuiraku. If the latter, they're in for some big learnin's when they discover the fate of their lost city.

Which raises an interesting question. Why aren't there more half-elves in Tsuirakushiti, if it was full of them when it disappeared? Did the Elves come through and kill them all since the Hideaki incident, or what? That seems rather unlikely...

EDIT: On a similar note, why doesn't Tsuirakushiti have better records of past history than their pseudoscientific BS that Meji has spouted? Shouldn't they have been the bastion of civilization while hiding away inside their little cloaking field? Did something happen in Tsuirakushiti to wipe out not only the Elven history books they should have had when they went into hiding, but also all the half-elves in the city?

(I think it's some nice poetic irony [?] that so much of the current state of affairs results from someone trying to do what Meji is trying to do. Hideaki's one little experiment broke down the Elven barrier, decloaked Tsuirakushiti, and started the Mage-Priest Wars... and he didn't even succeed at what he was trying to do).

EDIT PART DEUX: I apparently am an idiot when I am tired, and conflated Hideaki's stunt with Veracia's sending of Luminosity to say Hi to the Elves. Hideaki was apparently after the latter incident, as otherwise Tsuirakushiti would still be cloaked and the Mage-Priest Wars could not have ensued. Makes me wonder where exactly this mass of energy that is Luminosita lives now, after the Elven Barrier incident, and how Hideaki managed to get there to try to suck Him off. I'd think the place, wherever it is, would be a bit more heavily guarded than the Heretic Knowledge Vault was).

Last edited by Forrest on Wed Dec 06, 2006 3:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 2:08 am 
Local

I really like Riley's tattoo.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 2:19 am 
Local

This title is wrong, it should be: Is he drunk? -It's Ian... -Is he retarded?

Why?

Because that understate an answer:

"It's Ian.. Have you ever seen Ian Drunk or even just drinking alcool?"

That justify the second question: If he's not drunk, is he retarded?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 3:12 am 
Local

Forrest wrote:
No thanks, I'll keep Riley anatomically correct. :-D

My first thought on this comic: do the half-elves of Santuariel know that Tsuirakushiti is decloaked yet, or is the last thing the heard of it "our fabulous floating half-elven city disappeared and then Elves started killing us"?

I'll add my vote (that is, I'll disembowel anyone suggesting otherwise) that Riley should keep her anatomy intact.

Also, I'd think it should be obvious the half-elves from Santuariel knows enough about Tsuiraku, considering Ian's reaction when first meeting Meji.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 3:59 am 
Green Text

Neko7 wrote:
*fulfills obligatory title bitching for this thread. it's a retarded job, but hey someone's got to do it*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 4:48 am 
Addict

Location: Nyon, CH, near Geneve, on the shores of the Lac Leman. The heart of Suisse Romande.
Ian wrote:
Horsey!!!

Ian must have burnt out the few brain cells he had left, on that flight.

The incredulousness that Riley shows is disbelief that they actually flew that far and not disbelief in Tsuiraku's existance.

Post subject: Flying at all, for one. Probably not existence, but the claim that she comes from there. Etc.
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 5:24 am 
Green Text

Quote:
The incredulousness that Riley shows is disbelief that they actually flew that far and not disbelief in Tsuiraku's existence.

That's a stretch, Slam.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 5:45 am 
Expatriate

Slamlander wrote:
Ian wrote:
Horsey!!!

Ian must have burnt out the few brain cells he had left, on that flight.

The incredulousness that Riley shows is disbelief that they actually flew that far and not disbelief in Tsuiraku's existance.

Back in the Vault of Heretical Knowledge in Veracia, Ian mentioned that all the Half Elves in Tsuiraku are supposed to have died a while ago, and Elven law is all with the "stop having sex with humans, damn you!"

Riley and Leah don't strike me as the kind of people to immediately take someone at their word when they suggest something improbable.

Post subject: Re: Flying at all, for one. Probably not existence, but the claim that she comes from there. Etc.
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 6:02 am 
Addict

Location: Nyon, CH, near Geneve, on the shores of the Lac Leman. The heart of Suisse Romande.
Kestenvarn wrote:
Quote:
The incredulousness that Riley shows is disbelief that they actually flew that far and not disbelief in Tsuiraku's existence.

That's a stretch, Slam.

Not much of one.

Meji wrote:
... we flew all the way here without much of a stop ...

Riley wrote:
So, where you coming from?

Meji wrote:
...Tsuiraku...

Riley wrote:
yeah ... right

It sounds like Meji just claimed to have arrived from Tsuiraku, which if you look at this map, seems far fetched. Yes, they are somewhere in the Northern Confederacy.

Now, we know that she actually started from somewhere in Veracia. Classic misunderstanding.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 6:09 am 
Local

Does it make me a lesbian because I think Riley is hot with her anatomy intact?

Anyway, I think Riley's not believing the origin, not the flight.

Post subject: Now why the hell would you link me that map? Do you see the little name in the corner?
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 6:18 am 
Green Text

Slamlander wrote:
Kestenvarn wrote:
Quote:

That's a stretch, Slam.

Not much of one.

Query: do you read post titles? (Y/N)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 6:53 am 
Tourist

bellofthedamned wrote:
Does it make me a lesbian because I think Riley is hot with her anatomy intact?

Well, women can get away with complimenting other...

Waaaaaaaiiiiit a minute! I just had a lapse in being a stereotypical guy.

I change my vote to yes. :-P

Not that it matters, buy my first impression was that she disbelieved where she was from. Probably for 2 reasons

1) You're from that legendary city? Sure, and I'm Abraham Lincoln

2) Mages probably don't leave the city often let alone mingle with boon-docks commoners

It's also possible that was more of a casual disbelief or uncaring than "There's no way"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 7:41 am 
Local

It begins to look like the Alzheimer's analogy is the better one, after all. :cry:

As for the surprise about a half elf from Tsuiraku, as far as anyone can tell, there weren't any half elves there before Meji for generations. She's gotten the same reaction everywhere she's shown up -- Ian, Sarine, Bani, now Leah and Riley. And her existence is a once-in-20-years anomaly at most, that most of the elves would cheerfully "fix" if given a chance. Nothing unusual about this one at all.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 7:51 am 
Local

Forrest wrote:

On a similar note, why doesn't Tsuirakushiti have better records of past history than their pseudoscientific BS that Meji has spouted? Shouldn't they have been the bastion of civilization while hiding away inside their little cloaking field? Did something happen in Tsuirakushiti to wipe out not only the Elven history books they should have had when they went into hiding, but also all the half-elves in the city?

Remember two things: Meji is a teenager, and popular culture tends to ignore knowledge of history (including religion) that it can't handle. Consider Christianity. There is a lot of serious scholarship out there about the forces that shaped the Christian church at its beginning, much of it raising -- and leaving open -- some extremely important and unanswered questions. Very little of that scholarship is made available to the garden-variety teenager, and less of it is retained by same in the face of social prejudices about what Christianity is. (This is as true when the prejudice is being expressed from "within" as "without.")

The knowledge is all there, I suspect; remember all those books in the library where Meji made her first, deus-ex-machina discovery? But the typical book in that library is going to have about a quarter-inch of dust on it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 8:24 am 
Addict

hi2u Adam's Apple in panel two.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 8:54 am 
Addict

Skjie wrote:
hi2u Adam's Apple in panel two.

Oh hey, what do you know.

As for the subject relating to flying... I'm pretty sure the notion of flying for any amount of distance, period, is absolutely insane, as reference by this comic. Saying they flew from Tsuiraku, as opposed to some other far-off place, doesn't make it any more ridiculous.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 9:24 am 
Tourist

I think Skjie noticing the Adams apple + Riley's other anatomical issues tends to make me think of RIley as male therefore Belle you are not a Lesbian

*edit my spelling and typing have always sucked*

Last edited by Briareos-Temp on Wed Dec 06, 2006 10:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 9:56 am 
Local

Briareos-Temp wrote:
I think Skjie noticing the Adams apple + Riley's other anotomical issues tends to make me think ofn RIley as male therefore Belle you are not a Lesbian

Cute girly men with tits FTW!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 10:31 am 
Addict

So, Riley's not so much a girl with a penis, but a guy with tits.

I'd still hit it.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next