ZOMBIE FORUMS

It's a stinking, shambling corpse grotesquely parodying life.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:34 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: 12/15/06 "You mean we really could have gotten a flying wagon ride?
PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 11:16 pm 
Local

Methinks Riley may be right about allowing Leah to handle such matters in the future.

I must admit, I have no idea where this is going. Nor do I necesarily want to know. I mean, in all honesty who does Ian have to blame? Even if the Errant War had never started, nothing could ever have helped Evelyn with her sickness, not even at the height of Elven civilization. Perhaps he could have helped her, but we don't even know that much.

Furthermore, we don't even know what happened to Evelyn, and whether or not she is dead, or just in a coma or somesuch.

All I can say is, I'll be watching this particular arc as closely as I was watching the last.

onion wrote:
Yup, round here we call this 'fishing for whores'...

Last edited by Sylvarius on Thu Dec 14, 2006 11:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 11:20 pm 
Local

But noooooo, she doesn't waaaant to have to be the grown up! :lol:

btw: Curses at ye for beating me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 11:28 pm 
Addict

Man, Sanitaricanal looks like one of the Western move plains towns. No visibile means of support or source of water.

Well, raise some sheep, garden in the damp spots at the mouths of the gullies, and you can live almost as well as my relatives in rural Nebraska. They got indoor plumbing twenty years after the rest of us. My mother always referred to their facilities as "the little house on the prairie."

I just had a vision of the three, er, two-and-a-half women riding along in that wagon, nodding to Tom Joad's family as they head out in the other direction, escaping to Calli-fornya. Which probably means I should go to bed and get some sleep. :-?

"We are not going to die! And do you know why? Because Thomas is too pretty to die. And because I'm too stubborn to die. And most of all because tomorrow is Oktoberfest, Butters, and <i>polka will never die!</i>"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 11:37 pm 
Green Text

I like the last line in this strip.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 11:58 pm 
Addict

The title sounds like a rather interesting sexual position or act.
I demand pictures.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 11:58 pm 
Native

Boss Out of Town wrote:
Man, Sanitaricanal looks like one of the Western move plains towns. No visibile means of support or source of water.

I think i was going for underground wells actually...

...also I completly blame mmogs for my current impossible to be self-sustainable town designs.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 12:07 am 
Local

Labrat wrote:
The title sounds like a rather interesting sexual position or act.
I demand pictures.

I love you. Have my manbabies?

onion wrote:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 12:52 am 
Addict

Sylvarius wrote:
I love you. Have my manbabies?

You can have your shot at my ass once the current midwestern economy quits fucking me up it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 1:27 am 
Addict

Location: Nyon, CH, near Geneve, on the shores of the Lac Leman. The heart of Suisse Romande.
We know that Meji can fly too, just not as far. Why doesn't she go after him? Oh wait, maybe she's waiting for that sky-glow on the horizon.

Post subject: Re: 12/15/06 "You mean we really could have gotten a flying wagon ride?
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 1:34 am 
Local

Sylvarius wrote:
I mean, in all honesty who does Ian have to blame?

Since when has that problem stopped anyone from trying to assign blame anyway?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 5:48 am 
Local

Agreed, Ian will have to manufacture some reason to extract his vengeance upon any particular group.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 9:04 am 
Addict

Location: Nyon, CH, near Geneve, on the shores of the Lac Leman. The heart of Suisse Romande.
I'm thinking that it isn't vengence but deeply felt angst and pain. That sort of thing doesn't have a specific target to be lashed out at. Rather, anything can be a target.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 10:24 am 
Local

Slamlander wrote:
We know that Meji can fly too, just not as far.

We do? How? I don't think we've ever seen her fly...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 11:28 am 
Addict

Michael Poe wrote:
Boss Out of Town wrote:

I think i was going for underground wells actually...

...also I completly blame mmogs for my current impossible to be self-sustainable town designs.

For basic water supply I think you're okay. The town is on low ground surrounded by higher ground, so it would be a collection point for ground water. The scattered trees indicate that the ground water isn't far below the surface. All you're missing is a channel for surface water, and you've got valley land in the western Great Plains. It will feed a small community if carefully tended and you don't mind getting flooded every other spring.

Chief troubles would include grass fires, tornadoes, lightning storms, drought, blizzards, locusts, floods, and raids by Commanche, Turkomans, Tueregs, Cossacks, and the 7th Cavalry, with occasional appearances by the James/Dalton Gang, the Man with No Name, and Elvish rangers.

Nebraska, like I said before.

If you've got horse nomads in a fantasy environment, you'll have few trolls and other monsters. They compete for the same water holes and the horse nomads are hell on large predators.

"We are not going to die! And do you know why? Because Thomas is too pretty to die. And because I'm too stubborn to die. And most of all because tomorrow is Oktoberfest, Butters, and <i>polka will never die!</i>"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 11:50 am 
Local

Forrest wrote:
Slamlander wrote:
We know that Meji can fly too, just not as far.Why doesn't she go after him?

The fact that she cannot fly as far is a severe understatement.

http://www.errantstory.com/archive.php?date=2006-06-23

In this comic she states that he broke the record for the longest continuous levitation. She never mentions flight, or mentions speed of flight, or that she can fly at all, since there are a lot of really simple magics that Meji has problems with. Furthermore, in the comics directly following this one, I at least get the impression that they've only been resting for an hour or two, at that. I mean, Meji doesn't seem like the type to wait around much longer than that before blasting his ass out of the sky with some evocation, and, honestly, how long do you think the man just drifted around in the air?

onion wrote:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 3:22 pm 
Local

Boss Out of Town wrote:
Chief troubles would include grass fires, tornadoes, lightning storms, drought, blizzards, locusts, floods, and raids by Commanche, Turkomans, Tueregs, Cossacks, and the 7th Cavalry, with occasional appearances by the James/Dalton Gang, the Man with No Name, and Elvish rangers.

...And then one fine day Roland of Gilead shows up from out of the desert on his way to Topeka (headed west, don't you know) and that's it for that goddamn fly-speck.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 12:31 am 
Addict

Sylvarius wrote:
Forrest wrote:
Slamlander wrote:
We know that Meji can fly too, just not as far.Why doesn't she go after him?

In this comic she states that he broke the record for the longest continuous levitation. She never mentions flight, or mentions speed of flight, or that she can fly at all, since there are a lot of really simple magics that Meji has problems with. Furthermore, in the comics directly following this one, I at least get the impression that they've only been resting for an hour or two, at that. I mean, Meji doesn't seem like the type to wait around much longer than that before blasting his ass out of the sky with some evocation, and, honestly, how long do you think the man just drifted around in the air?

That pretty much implies that every mage in Tsuiraku can fly for, at least, short distances/durations. The thing is that it's work and Meji is a lazy bugger. But then again, she later play the helpless damsel and I'm not sure how much of that is an act.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 2:44 am 
Native

normalphil wrote:
Boss Out of Town wrote:

...And then one fine day Roland of Gilead shows up from out of the desert on his way to Topeka (headed west, don't you know) and that's it for that goddamn fly-speck.

You forgot to add Vash the Stampede with a legion of bounty hunters after him and/or a Gung-Ho Gun or two, plus or minus two female insurance agents.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 4:32 am 
Green Text

Slamlander wrote:
Sylvarius wrote:

That pretty much implies that every mage in Tsuiraku can fly for, at least, short distances/durations. The thing is that it's work and Meji is a lazy bugger. But then again, she later play the helpless damsel and I'm not sure how much of that is an act.

Flawed here - levitation is not the same thing as flight.

I'd say they are still able to manage the feat somewhat, when the library from the first chapter is taken into account...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 9:49 am 
Addict

Kestenvarn wrote:
Slamlander wrote:
Sylvarius wrote:

Flawed here - levitation is not the same thing as flight.

I'd say they are still able to manage the feat somewhat, when the library from the first chapter is taken into account...

You have a point there. But what Ian does is levitate, non? He doesn't seem to use aerodynamics in any way.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next