ZOMBIE FORUMS

It's a stinking, shambling corpse grotesquely parodying life.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:11 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: ... What happen? [12/20/06]
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 5:45 pm 
Expatriate

Annnnnd everyone who bet that Mom killed herself and the sister wins an internet.

On a side note: get well soon Impy and Poe!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 5:48 pm 
Tourist

Someone set up Ian teh bomb.

Also, that's a rather nasty cough Leah's got.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 6:38 pm 
Addict

Damn. Thank the Three there is one adult in the group to break the news to Ian.

Chance to step up and do something decent, Meji! Might keep the boy from exploding.

"We are not going to die! And do you know why? Because Thomas is too pretty to die. And because I'm too stubborn to die. And most of all because tomorrow is Oktoberfest, Butters, and <i>polka will never die!</i>"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 6:59 pm 
Local

Doesn't seem like Ian is going to blow up half the town in rage.

At least not THIS one. The ones he doesn't like... maybe.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 7:04 pm 
Expatriate

Quote:
Doesn't seem like Ian is going to blow up half the town in rage.

He could still do it. I can see it happening.

He might shoot the messenger instead... Or he might heal her, who knows.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 7:07 pm 
Local

So... Ian may do it?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 7:16 pm 
Addict

Gambit3le wrote:
So... Ian may do it?

Maybe. So far, he's reacting pretty much the way I reacted to hearing about my sister's death last summer. Shock, then resolution, then questions. A tribute to Poe's pencil work. Very, very well done.

"We are not going to die! And do you know why? Because Thomas is too pretty to die. And because I'm too stubborn to die. And most of all because tomorrow is Oktoberfest, Butters, and <i>polka will never die!</i>"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 8:26 pm 
Addict

Gambit3le wrote:
So... Ian may do it?

You can do eeeet. You can do eet all night long.
Damn you, Rob Schneider. Damn you.

Aaand back to the wiki with me.
It starts with Riley's penis and ends with fire. Somehow fitting, I think.

Last edited by Labrat on Wed Dec 20, 2006 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 8:27 pm 
Local

So...I'm guessing Ian finds someone to blame this on, before embarking on some kind of quest to do something, which will of course, result in a war.

After all, this is comic with a theme running through it. The elves are Ozymandias, but with the power he has in hand, Ian could be Ozymandias and lay waste to the world, making it a kingdom of sand with only a few ruins poking through as if they dare to reach for the sunlight once again.

I wonder...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 9:10 pm 
Local

bellofthedamned wrote:
So...I'm guessing Ian finds someone to blame this on, before embarking on some kind of quest to do something, which will of course, result in a war.

Maybe he figures with all this newfound power he could resurrect them both? Maybe that's why he's not breaking down in crying fits or exploding in a giant fireball of wrath?

But of course he fails, if he tries it now... kid can't even fly across one ocean without exhausting himself... so perhaps has to embark on some journey of self-exploration to discover the full extent of his powers.

Which, of course, results in war.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 9:59 pm 
Expatriate

IT's possible that Ian might not be setting up for war.

However the odds are lower (that is, higher) then when I opposed you all on the council either murdering Sarine or sending her to elven Gulag (immediately).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 10:21 pm 
Addict

We need to check with our resident bookie.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 10:26 pm 
Native

Stupid suicidal mom. KILL HER WITH FIRE.

Oh wait...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 11:50 pm 
Addict

Location: Nyon, CH, near Geneve, on the shores of the Lac Leman. The heart of Suisse Romande.
<trivia>Did you know that in the EU the date format string is DD/MM/YYYY and not MM/DD/YYYY, like it is in the States? That's why NATO uses ddMMMyyy, as in 20Dec2006 or the old form 20Dec06.</trivia>

The bookies are complaining that they are being made to pay out on the
Quote:
Ian's mom mercy killed his sister and then suicided
bet.

They call the technicality that the mercy killing isn't provable and therefore they shouldn't have to pay out on it. The Gaming Commission disagreed in that it is still probable/possible, under the terms of the bet. They are grudgingly paying out at the terms at the time the bets were taken. They are definitely grumbling though.

In panel four, Leah is definitely wiping some blood.

The Bookies wrote:
    Odds of Ian going ballistic have gone back up to 35:1
    Odds of Leah having tuberculosis are now at 1.5:1
    Odds of Ian healing her in the next three pages are now at 2:1
    Odds of a new chapter appearing in the next four pages are at 1.2:1

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 1:16 am 
Local

Slamlander wrote:
<trivia>Did you know that in the EU the date format string is DD/MM/YYYY and not MM/DD/YYYY, like it is in the States? That's why NATO uses ddMMMyyy, as in 20Dec2006 or the old form 20Dec06.</trivia>

I'm fond of ISO 8601 standard myself, as in YYYY-MM-DD, e.g. 2006-12-20. I've heard a number of Europeans (and others) wonder why the hell Americans put the day after the month in their dates - but I instead ask why the hell everybody puts the year afterwards. Makes much more sense to start with the most significant figure and then get more specific. Makes sorting easier, and it's already how we format our times (i.e. hh:mm:ss), and file paths (~/files/stuff/mydoc.txt), numbers (two thousand seven-hundred ten, or 2710) and so on. The only exceptions I can think of off the top of my head are domain names ("forums.khym.com" instead of "com.khym.forums"), Western personal names ("Forrest Cameranesi" instead of "Cameranesi Forrest"), and postal addresses ("Goleta, CA, USA" instead of "USA CA Goleta").

Though I can see why for purposes of brevity you might want to do it the other way around, so you can say "It happened at quarter past" if there's enough context to know what hour you're talking about, "quarter past noon" if not but you still know what day it is, "quarter past noon on the 13th" if you only know the month, "quarter past noon on the 13th of May" if you only know the year, and so on. Though even then, our numbers are still reversed; the most significant digit goes on the left. So it makes sense that strings of numbers like years, months, and days would be ordered the same way, from most significant to least.

Post subject: Seriously, why doesn't Poe get nominated for more writing awards? He obviously has a superb grasp of plot and characterization if he's keeping us this engrossed...
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 2:46 am 
Addict

The Bookies wrote:

I'm really glad that y'all are so involved in the story and characters, and seem to find them realistic and interesting enough to be worth this much speculation. Plus, I think it's spiffy we have our own forum bookies keeping track of the odds of different potential plot twists as the story is revealed... though I think The Bookies are really starting to need their own account. And, of course I'm sure I don't really need to say this, but just in case: I have no idea what the laws are regarding internet bets, but please don't let The Bookies break them whatever they are.

^-^'

Last edited by Imp-Chan on Thu Dec 21, 2006 2:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 2:48 am 
Expatriate

I love non sequitors. Where did we start talking about date types?

Post subject: Re: Seriously, why doesn't Poe get nominated for more writing awards? He obviously has a superb grasp of plot and characterization if he's keeping us this engrossed...
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 4:24 am 
Green Text

(Deleted quote because some people like Slamlander are weird and thought I was saying something entirely else, even when it makes absolutely no sense for it to mean that thing they thought it meant.)

I'm surprised he took the time to make this comic while sick. I'd like to say thanks, since no one else seems to have commented on it yet...

Last edited by Kest on Thu Dec 21, 2006 6:10 am, edited 3 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Seriously, why doesn't Poe get nominated for more writing awards? He obviously has a superb grasp of plot and characterization if he's keeping us this engrossed...
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 5:11 am 
Addict

Location: Nyon, CH, near Geneve, on the shores of the Lac Leman. The heart of Suisse Romande.
Imp-Chan wrote:
The Bookies wrote:

I'm really glad that y'all are so involved in the story and characters, and seem to find them realistic and interesting enough to be worth this much speculation. Plus, I think it's spiffy we have our own forum bookies keeping track of the odds of different potential plot twists as the story is revealed... though I think The Bookies are really starting to need their own account. And, of course I'm sure I don't really need to say this, but just in case: I have no idea what the laws are regarding internet bets, but please don't let The Bookies break them whatever they are.

I am actually amazed at the popularity of The Bookies.
Poe has total story buy-in from more than a few fans :wink:
Let's see if they hang around long enough to deserve their own account. Right now, they're a buncha sleaze-balls, hanging out on street corners, and touting all manner of small bets. If they get a permanent place then they'll have to start paying the vig.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 5:43 am 
Addict

Tell us what writing awards and we'll nominate away ;)

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next