ZOMBIE FORUMS

It's a stinking, shambling corpse grotesquely parodying life.
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:38 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: May 19th & 20th: Killer Filler
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 11:07 pm 
Local

It's refreshing when S*P deviates from the strip and shows some unrelated sketches and preliminary work.... I don't know how to feel about the Ed Gein sketch which has the recognizable design of Randy's other characters (disturbingly fitting). I suppose we'll never see the old painting that inspired that one in particular.

Additional transmission: damn it, if I would've known a little earlier about the con at San Luis Obispo, I would've planned it around a visit to my family a little earlier.

Additional additional: Here's hoping on an Oregon/Washington appearance by Milholland at least in the next few years, want a signed sketch damn it.

Post subject: Re: May 19th & 20th: Killer Filler
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 11:40 am 
Native

Nicrat wrote:
It's refreshing when S*P deviates from the strip and shows some unrelated sketches and preliminary work.... I don't know how to feel about the Ed Gein sketch which has the recognizable design of Randy's other characters (disturbingly fitting). I suppose we'll never see the old painting that inspired that one in particular.

Additional transmission: damn it, if I would've known a little earlier about the con at San Luis Obispo, I would've planned it around a visit to my family a little earlier.

Additional additional: Here's hoping on an Oregon/Washington appearance by Milholland at least in the next few years, want a signed sketch damn it.

He posted the old painting that inspired it a while ago.
As th estory goes, he painted a farmhouse after his teacher said not to paint farmhouses, and when randy told him the title was (something about ed gein), randy had to point out the legs hanging in the backround of the door in the painting...
great stuff

Blue Sun Missile