ZOMBIE FORUMS

It's a stinking, shambling corpse grotesquely parodying life.
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:33 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 11:33 am 
Addict

just-hours-away wrote:
EDITED INCASE IT'S THE ACTUAL RANDY:
the aforementioned hooker can be found on: 12/30/2005 of the archives... I don't wanna kill his bandwidth if it is him, you know?

ALSO: The nextdoor neighbour whos wife has fake orgasms all the time, has very similar hair, and people keep saying IT'S T-BOB IT'S T-BOB but I really don't see why it would be.

That IS the actual randy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 12:23 pm 
n00b

Well I've just got here...and I've been on many boards where people claim to be Ian McKaye and Carson Daly or something... So it's just my own cynical nature to assume, a screen name doesn't mean much in my experience...But yeah, I changed it anyway...I'm not naive but I'm not a jerk either...

Regardless: I don't know the actual rules about art and mental properties and copyrights and don't want to upset anyone...
So as long as I state THIS IS NOT MY COMIC CREATION I DO NOT OWN THE RIGHTS OR HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH ANYTHING am I allowed to post a chart I made in my own insomniac world of...looking for blonde male characters?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v434/ ... /CHART.jpg

All I know is if one more person tells me it's T-BOB I'm going to have a breakdown, because I really don't see how it could be...
And, if Randy wants it down, I'll take it down, and thank you for clarifying that it was THE ACTUAL RANDY and not someone with no life trying to seem important, because I've known people to pretend to be important people before...

so yeah...I really don't think its the blond neighbour, BUT...he does live nextdoor...and I don't know...right now anything is possible I guess.

Also: What happened to the gothy girl "time bomb" he was seeing? I guess he's got bigger problems at the moment, but yeah... I dunno... amazing comic. I love the comic but I -generally- hate forums so I don't remember why I'm here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 12:28 pm 
n00b

From all indications, he may very well still be seeing Ms Chokey Roberts (can't remember her name, sorry) but basically after Davan had explained to PeeJee that he was going to keep seeing her, since at least all her issues were fairly upfront, the comic moved the focus to Texas and that arc.

BTW, Randy, those were some incredible comics. Seriously strong writing. I've said to people that if they don't get anything out of those strips, they need to be checked for a pulse.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 12:54 pm 
Addict

Hehe Just hours I was just clarifying so that you would know :-p I fully understand the skeptical responce. I just happen to know through many reliable people that this is indeed the real randy.

Personally I like your style. Keep it up and we might actually keep you :-p

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 1:10 pm 
n00b

Okay cool, I just want to not get myself seen as a troll or get flamed or whatever or be sued [because honestly I don't have the money] but yeah I'm really interested in who the body is, does anyone else have any ideas? I do think it's probably hooker related...but I don't know...

I like this board though, LJ communities after a certain amount of posts are hard to read because you have to keep clicking to get them to thread properly, you know?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 1:49 pm 
Addict

just-hours-away wrote:
I'll take it down, etc.

The problem was not the idea that you're showing something that's obviously not yours, that's not the point.

The point was that you lifted the image from his site and, I'm assuming, directly linked it here. Therefore everyone here could see the image without seeing the advertising on the site. The practice is froudn upon, because it's a drain on his bandwith that nets him nothing.

Simply direct-linking the page that the comic is on works just fine, it assures what we see is someone else's work, and that you acknowledge that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 1:57 pm 
n00b

Hotlinking is just directly linking to the image and posting on another site which hogs the bandwidth of the site owner, thats all Randy was reffering to.

Course be fearful, he does require a sacrifice of small kittens every forth lunar cycle after the harvest moon while fan girls dress as harpies and have forbidding sexual orgies with the trees.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 2:02 pm 
Addict

Jier wrote:
Hotlinking is just directly linking to the image and posting on another site which hogs the bandwidth of the site owner, thats all Randy was reffering to.

Course be fearful, he does require a sacrifice of small kittens every forth lunar cycle after the harvest moon while fan girls dress as harpies and have forbidding sexual orgies with the trees.

Perhaps you mean forbidden? I don't find fan girls dressed as harpies very scarey.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 2:04 pm 
n00b

Fat fan girls, with scars.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 2:41 pm 
Addict

See your problem is you don't know who you're talking to. Perhaps it's time for a change of avatar to educate you new people...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 2:49 pm 
n00b

Now I'm just left wondering if the lack of tact overlays a beneficial wit and charm, or if its just outlandish behavior performed by a haggle of junior-high level comedians. Seriously, dildo up gerbil ass? How "renegade."

I mean... Har har, dat gerbil take it up iz ass gud, hur hur.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 2:55 pm 
Addict

Jier wrote:
Now I'm just left wondering if the lack of tact overlays a beneficial wit and charm, or if its just outlandish behavior performed by a haggle of junior-high level comedians. Seriously, dildo up gerbil ass? How "renegade."

I mean... Har har, dat gerbil take it up iz ass gud, hur hur.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 3:01 pm 
Addict

Actually I try not to scar people too much on the sub forums. Of course I could get out the animated Goatse if thats more your style. Retards like you seem to enjoy getting large things shoved up your ass.

Of course coming from you I guess I should take it with a grain of salt. You've yet to say anything remotely intelligent that wasn't said before you. Either that or you've shown your reading comprehension skills are nil and go on rants completely unrelated to the topic at hand.

By all means though keep trying to impress us. You've done so admirably well so far.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 3:06 pm 
Addict

*sigh*

Okay, Lify, that particular avatar is beyond what's okay for the ES boards, where you do currently have posts. I realize your masculinity and standing in the community got somehow called into question... but the avatar is not a good place to display your status as our resident sicko, as it displays across all boards.

Seriously, guys... just act like decent human beings and you'll all be fine, there's no need for all us regulars to feel threatened just because the number of new forum members that joined today is equal to about a quarter the number of regular forum posters. Really. It isn't terrifying at all. New folks, just keep in mind that this is an old but generally friendly community, but we're kinda set in our ways. Old folks, keep in mind that you were new once, too.

-_-'

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 3:07 pm 
Addict

Imp-Chan wrote:
*sigh*

Okay, Lify, that particular avatar is beyond what's okay for the ES boards, where you do currently have posts. I realize your masculinity and standing in the community got somehow called into question... but the avatar is not a good place to display your status as our resident sicko, as it displays across all boards.

Seriously, guys... just act like decent human beings and you'll all be fine, there's no need for all us regulars to feel threatened just because the number of new forum members that joined today is equal to about a quarter the number of regular forum posters. Really. It isn't terrifying at all. New folks, just keep in mind that this is an old but generally friendly community, but we're kinda set in our ways. Old folks, keep in mind that you were new once, too.

-_-'

bah alright darling give me a couple minutes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 3:28 pm 
n00b

Oh noes someone on teh net hath questioned my sexuality? Hey, Lyifadfasdfk;ja or however your fucking name is spelled, before you start throwing out homophobic banter do remember that you are the one with the avatar of the Gerbil taking a dildo up its ass.

In any case, I'm dropping this. You can continue it if you want, but you'll only prove yourself further to be a child minded nit-wit who cannot muster a comeback worth attempting to retort to, atleast to me.

But, you can go on with a one-sided arguement to prove to the girls that you are a "mahnly man psycho."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 3:31 pm 
Addict

Jier wrote:
Oh noes someone on teh net hath questioned my sexuality? Hey, Lyifadfasdfk;ja or however your fucking name is spelled, before you start throwing out homophobic banter do remember that you are the one with the avatar of the Gerbil taking a dildo up its ass.

In any case, I'm dropping this. You can continue it if you want, but you'll only prove yourself further to be a child minded nit-wit who cannot muster a comeback worth attempting to retort to, atleast to me.

But, you can go on with a one-sided arguement to prove to the girls that you are a "mahnly man psycho."

Well done. You just proved a point I was making earlier about how much *fun* the next few weeks are going to be.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 3:37 pm 
n00b

Go ahead, blame it on myself and any other new forum posters, however seeing the realitive level of wit in this forum I've learned that if my common sense says "Don't support fan created forums" then, don't do like Randy and even acknowledge them.

Sure is cute these guys tried, and it might be a great community, but when you're overall member base is only interested in "fucking with teh n00bz" then it'll only get worse from there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 3:40 pm 
Addict

Jier wrote:
Go ahead, blame it on myself and any other new forum posters, however seeing the realitive level of wit in this forum I've learned that if my common sense says "Don't support fan created forums" then, don't do like Randy and even acknowledge them.

Sure is cute these guys tried, and it might be a great community, but when you're overall member base is only interested in "fucking with teh n00bz" then it'll only get worse from there.

Sigh. You really need to calm down there. Just because I didn't say "HALO THERE NEW PERSON, I LOVE YOU!!!" does not mean I'm flaming you.

I was actually quoting you to prove a point I was making to other people earlier. One that was put forward in the interests of helping out the new forums members and cutting down on the number of incidents like this early on.

But hell, I suppose you know everything about me and how much I hate you already, being FAR more intelligent than me, the humble forum goer who likes to spend her time FUXING WITH TEH N00BULONS.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 4:12 pm 
Addict

*sigh*

-_-'