ZOMBIE FORUMS

It's a stinking, shambling corpse grotesquely parodying life.
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:31 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Positively In The Same Boat...or MacIntire's Navy
PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 7:35 pm 
Tourist

Hey.

Ever since Sanderson gave Davan his new job last year, I'd had the following idea...

Sanderson invites Davan to spend a week on his yacht during the summer...and tells Davan to invite ten friends of his to come along with them. (Sanderson is bringing his wife, of course.) Davan presumed the boat was going to be some cabin cruiser or somesuch...but it turns out to be a huge luxury sailboat.

And so, I'm looking for some feedback.

1) If you were Davan, who would you invite?

2) What name do you think Sanderson gave his yacht? ("The Minnow" need not apply.)

3) You can curb the rest of the Gilligan's Island jokes; I got a bunch of these when I proposed this in the LJ feed room. There'll be no shipwreck...but the troubles on this voyage will undoubtedly be Something*Positive!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 4:28 am 
Tourist

1) The core friends and core family, for starters. So that would be Peejee, Aubrey, Jason, Dad, Monette, Sis, Nancy, Kestral, choochoo and twitchy might sneak their way in, but they wouldnt be used as the 10, maybe Mike and his GF, maybe Kharisma and Mike, who knows for the last two.
2) The Thundering Cherry (Please don't let that be a perverted term. I wanted to go with The Thundering Minnow but since Minnow references were out of the question...)
3) Where is the question?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 1:38 pm 
Local

1)I don't feel comfortable answering the first question from the perspective of Davan, so I'll answer it as "Who do you think Davan would invite?"

-PeeJee (Duh!)
-Aubrey (Duh!)
-Nancy (She, of course, is let off the hook with visiting Kharisma and is
invited by Aubrey)
-Choo Choo Bear (Duh! and yes Choo was invited and counts as a person)
-T-Bob (He doesn't make nearly enough appearances)
-Kim (Does not make as many appearances as she used to, is also hot)
-Jihm(I liked Jihm, he balanced out the cast momentum quite well when he appeared a bit more regularly. Besides, he's the reason PeeJees friends get to make fun of her and never ever let her live it down through out the series from the time it was revealed that she was attracted to him)
-Mike (Branwen might have helped get him invited, but under the condition...)
-Mike's girlfriend (...comes along, to keep him from relapsing into older
jerk face-ier Mike)

-Pepito (He makes an uninvited entrance much like what was done to his ass hardy-har-har)

2)"The Sea Lady" whose letters were crudely scraped off by drunk college
kids one evening to spell, "The S a Lad" .....the salad. Brilliant.

3)I assume this where something "undoubtedly....Something*Positive"
happens. I hate making fanfics, so I'll sum it up sans actual dialogue:

They recieve much crap concerning luggage and transportation in general, they arrive where they're supposed to be and set sail in the morning for a nice day and a half cruise full of exsessive drinking and talking.

Pepito takes control of the ship. Incidentally he is trained as a certified skipper, among other things. Picture a bearded, naked midget with a white captains hat. If the mental picture doesn't make you laugh, check your pulse.

The gang feels it an opportune time to bust out Cthulu roleplaying stuff. In the middle of their session, their boat stops working, and of course Mike jumps to extreme conclusions and panics.

It seeemed the rudder is entwined by the tentacle of a giant squid! Much yowzers are exclaimed. Sanderson convinces Davan to go into the water with him to free the rudder from the malevevolent elder being, which turns out to be seaweed.

Insert nostalgia provoking discussion (I like the flashbacks that elaborate on moments that took place before the strip started chronologically.)

Evening rolls further along and the seas become increasingly turbulent. It is decided that they best be heading inland. On the way back, the "S a Lad" is indeed tossed (Yes I know you saw it coming but I'll be damned if I'd let someone else make the joke before me : P.)

After some fancy pirate maneuvering, the ship overcomes the minor storm and is inland. It is once again docked and they decide to carry on the festivities and sleep in the boat.

END

On a side note, I once attended a birthday party for my friends cousin held on a boat at the age of eighteen. It was in the waters off of San Fransisco during a baseball game and we went passed the heavily lit arena and stopped just short of the Golden Gate Bridge. If you've never been on a boat at night, I really reccomend it. It is incredible.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:24 pm 
Native

The $$ Xcesive

Blue Sun Missile
who would not use matches if he had $$ to burn