|GR's great plan to revitelize the forums!
|Page 1 of 1|
|Author:||Gazing Rabbit [ Thu Nov 15, 2007 5:00 am ]|
|Post subject:||GR's great plan to revitelize the forums!|
a) The main problem is the lack of new posters, which means that the forum is dieing.
b) The reason is that potential posters haven't heard about 'forums.kyhm.com'.
c) Therefore, the solution is to create something that will draw people's attention to the forums.
d) The standard suggestion is to make a front page with content written by the forumers. But the suggestion is to general and isn't specific enough for implementation.
I have an idea I find most excellent.
What is our common ground? How did we all found this place?
I suggest that we'll start writing reviews for webcomics. I don't know of any site that provide reviews for webcomics, and I think such a site would receive a lot of traffic. Think about it, there are a *lot* of webcomics, and you don't have too much time to read them (at least I don't have). You need to have an indication whether a certain webcomic is worth your time.
That's where we come in. By writing reviews of webcomics we have read, we can make sure that people who are 'into' webcomics would visit the site and, who knows, maybe join us in the background.
That's about it. The details (like, say, the format) cold be discussed if/when this proposal is approved.
|Author:||Sair [ Thu Nov 15, 2007 7:53 am ]|
Well, it would certainly allow us to whore out for traffic effectively.
|Author:||Psycojes [ Thu Nov 15, 2007 8:40 am ]|
Do people actually read webcomic reviews?
It takes just as much time to go to the webcomic and read it until you can decide for yourself, it's not like you'll waste any money be reading a free comic you don't like.
|Author:||Vass [ Thu Nov 15, 2007 9:11 am ]|
It's a good idea in theory, but there are several problems with making it happen.
1) Some sort of front page or frontend would have to be designed and coded.
2) A kyhm would be needed to get the frontend actually on the forum server.*
3) In the event that said frontend starts attracting potential posters, account activation by admins only would have to be removed.
4) However, implementation of 3 would result in the return of spam messages, which have been notable in their absence for the past three months despite the forum population increasing from about 3400 to 5100.
5) Point 4 could be resolved either with the updating of the captca and/or a more effective means for admins to actually delete spam accounts en masse (as opposed to the current one spammer at a time system). If anyone's curious about this or the about point, I'll provide screencaps tomorrow. Or mebbe just admin them. The more the fucking merrier I say.
6) Point 5 requires a kyhm.
7) The forums died two months ago. We're now inhabiting a barely twitching corpse.
* This step can be bypassed if someone were to acquire their own domain and server and that serve as the frontend for the forums.
In light of these above issues, I have two potential solutions (there's also a third, but snowballs have a better chance in hell). These two solutions work as follows...
1) Stop caring.
2a) Continue posting.
2b) Move to Rince's forums (or any other forum really).
|Author:||Psycojes [ Thu Nov 15, 2007 10:08 am ]|
I'm going for the 1-2a hybrid
|Author:||Gazing Rabbit [ Thu Nov 15, 2007 2:36 pm ]|
I'm going for the 1-2a hybrid
Which is the default...
|Page 1 of 1||All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]|
|Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group