ZOMBIE FORUMS

It's a stinking, shambling corpse grotesquely parodying life.
It is currently Tue Oct 16, 2018 2:41 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Dominic Deegan lambasted
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 8:04 pm 
Offline
PostWhorePornStar
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 30, 2003 2:17 pm
Posts: 5982
Location: Around about there.
http://badwebcomics.blogspot.com/2007/06/more-dominic-deegan.html

Quote:
More Dominic Deegan

My last entry about Dominic Deegan made poor old Mr. Terracciano cry. Good. The sooner he learns that his attitude that you have to say nice things about his comic is bullshit, the better. The sooner he learns that his comic is one of the shittiest on the Internet, the better. Because a grown man cannot daydream through life in this manner. For God's sake, you pathetic little egocentric dickhole, grow some fucking balls and man up! Take pride in your work and do what you haven't done in half a fucking decade: improve yourself.

The gaggle of slack-jawed morons who took it upon themselves to defend Terracciano's shit mentioned a few things to me. They said that Dominic Deegan was very subtle and I would not appreciate how subtle it is! It always implies things rather than stating them outright!

Okay. Sure. Subtle. Doesn't spell it out.

Look at this comic. In it, Deegan goes all spaz and a vision is revealed! No, worse, a plot is revealed! It's all there! What happens in the next comic? Well, Deegan decides he has to explain everything that's going on. In excruciating detail.

Wow. I am amazed by the subtlety going on right there.

Let's be fair, though, it's obviously pretty hard work to produce a Dominic Deegan strip. You've got to get your ugly ass out of bed, spend a few hours basking in the glow of your adoring fans, have lunch, spend fifteen minutes scribbling out some shit that a child could do, then another few hours watching people on your forum talk about how great your comic is, masturbating furiously all the while because it's the closest you'll ever get to a human being truly loving you.

Any man who draws himself getting a standing ovation is the kind of man who does get off to people heaping praise upon him, which is probably why Terracciano ignores criticism of his comic. Not just ignores it, but has deluded himself into thinking that people who think, rightfully, that Dominic Deegan sucks are crackpots. His ego, though gargantuan in its pomposity, is a fragile thing. It must be guarded against reality in all its nefarious forms.

Terracciano said, in a rare forum post from him (since most of his forum posts are to answer adulation or to close threads - which is what he did this time), that I should not "dare claim that [I] know anything about [him]." Which is a laugh and a half, really.

He's claimed, through writing his dire orc rape storyline, to know how a rape victim feels. Considering what a fucking hash he made of it, this is pretty unlikely. I could be wrong, though! There could be a whole host of women, molested as children, who didn't realise until reading Dominic Deegan that actually what happened to them was that they got a good, hard dicking that's made them head-over-heels in love with their studly rapist.

People told me that story was "tragic" rather than creepy. They're right! But not for the reasons they think. It's tragic to think that Terracciano actually believes he did a good job on that story. It's tragic to think he's so far removed from reality, he can't see how terrible it was. It's tragic that I actually read the whole fucking storyline from start to finish.

We start with a rock concert - because nothing screams SERIOUS STORY than a rock concert with elves and magic guitars. Then we move briskly on to the usual way that characters express emotion: violence and shouting. Then we get the whole sordid tale, where Terracciano acts as morbid dungeonmaster to the cursed D&D campaign that Dominic Deegan truly is. He railroads his way into this thing. Every conceivable option is blocked off, his characters have only one way out of this nightmare: rape. This is to make it seem like poor old Stonewater didn't have a choice, apart from letting poor Melna die! Which, as I said, is the better option.

If you ignore the rock concert part, and ignore the fact that Terracciano's art is visually unappealing, and ignore the dialogue that has zero emotional impact, then the basics of the plot are... passable. A good writer, which Terracciano is not, could do it justice if he took some liberties with it. A good artist, which Terracciano is also not, could do it justice and not draw all the characters with the same snoutfaced template.

But it's the next part which is why this orc rape story is so bad. It's everything after the fact. Everyone just kind of excusing it. Dominic getting mad when someone called Stonewater a rapist, even though he actually is. And you're supposed to side with him in that instance! You're meant to cheer him on and go "Stand by your friend, Dominic!" Yes, stand by your friend the rapist. The guy who was supposedly reluctant to go through with it, but managed to get a boner mere seconds after watching two people die in front of him.

It's Melna falling in love, calling him her husband, it's all that. Terracciano, how can you get angry with me for analysing you and finding you as an attention whore? How can you get so mad about me saying I know your type, when you feel you are master and commander of the spectrum of human emotion? How can you say anything in your defence, when you're the one responsible for writing about the rape of a fourteen-year-old girl leading to her wanting to bump uglies with her rapist?

See, there, he shows her as angry (I think that's angry, he really does fucking suck at drawing expressions) that she's in love. Which would be all well and good, except she's still in love. She shouldn't be. Her first memories of this guy are of him jamming his orcdong into her unwilling body and breaking her green hymen. It's not the best start to a relationship. Oh, of course, Terracciano doesn't know this. Mostly because he's stupid, but also because he's got the mad hots for couples. They're going to hook up, it's inevitable. Check out the cast:

Dominic, all boyfriend/girlfriend with Luna. Gregory, likewise with Nurse Pam, who is now Mayor Pam because who wants to make up a new character, ugh. Donovan Deegan has his wife, Miranda. Jayden has Milov, the werewolf who can also cast spells ha ha how original. Stunt has Bumper, Spark has Dejah, everyone's pairin' up like it's the end of the world and they have to repopulate the planet.

The only people who aren't hooked up are incidental characters - and when your main characters are shallow, your background ones are fucking invisible - and bad guys. Those bad guys who are married either get divorced or separated because evil people are incapable of love. Also they are insanely jealous of couples who are together, as evidenced by quite a few plot points over the years.

Why is this? Why does Terracciano couple everyone up? Probably for the same reason he doesn't listen to people pointing out the myriad of flaws in his work: he's deluded. Picture this metaphor, if you will: little Mookie all curled up in the foetal position, fingers in his ears and going "LA LA LA LA LA LA" as loud as he can. That's Terracciano if you try and say "maybe if you tried actually drawing a nose in profile at least once" to him.

Now, picture adorable ickle Mookie dancing around and smiling and being the happiest hack in the whoooole wide world. That's Terracciano if you go "Oh, Mookie, today's comic was great!"

Why's it great? What were the good points? Well, since there are none, nobody can really say. But none of that matters! Terracciano is just craving your adoration. I'd suggest it was because he was beaten as a child, but that's really unlikely on account of the orc rape storyline being so bad he really must have no experience with how a child deals with trauma. So I'm going to hazard a guess and say he's just a lonely, socially-inept dork - which seems to be accurate, judging by how often he enjoys ripping off nerd culture for a cheap joke.

Being a socially-inept dork would go some way to explaining why he got his ass dumped recently, dropped like so much dead weight. Let me just quickly ring up Single Asian Female and see if I can't get a woman's perspective on things!

Yes? Hello? Is that Single Asian Female? Would you consider dating a socially-inept attention whore who has no drive to improve himself and uses the rape of children as a cheap plot device in order to get people to like him?

No, no, he's not Asian.

Really? Well, all right then.

There you have it! Ladies do not want to date a guy as pathetic as Terracciano! Especially not a Single Asian Female!

Terracciano, much as you would love to think that you're some worldly-wise master author who is second only to Tolkein himself when it comes to sweeping fantasy epics, you are about eight levels below some 14-year-old on fanfiction.net who writes stories about Legolas going to Hogwarts and falling in love with Mary-Sue Potter. You are so far below her because her characters who are 14-years-old share secret kisses with effeminate elves up in the Owlery. Your characters who are 14-years-old get raped and enact the rest of their lives in a disgusting pantomime that's deeply offensive on a primal level.

I know you, Terracciano. I can read you like a book. I can analyse you like a telepathic Freud. You are not a man of mystery, you are just some fuckin' schmuck with a terrible webcomic. You're worthless, you contribute nothing to society that cannot be replaced by some piece of crap on ComicGenesis.com drawn in MSPaint, and nobody will ever really love you.

Look at yourself, Michael. You ignore your faults and only listen to people chanting mindless adoration. They don't love you. Fuck, they don't even know you. You're substituting a real relationship with these sycophants. They're parasites, and like all parasites, they're killing you. You'll die alone and unloved, and your comic will be forgotten long before that happens. Stop frittering away your days thinking that your fans are any kind of a substitute for genuine, emotional contact.

Oh, who am I kidding, you're a tosser and you'll never read a word of this because it's not getting you hard. You're pathetic, Terracciano. Die in a fire.

While it's not all useful criticism (especially the ad hominems), he does have a lot of valid points about the comic. I have to wonder, now, whether sycophants are the worst thing that can happen to comic artists in terms of their developing their skills.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 8:50 pm 
Offline
Addict

Joined: Wed Dec 31, 1969 5:00 pm
Posts: 3759
Location: your house, your living room, your sofa
They're certainly a danger and they it certainly seems to be a common occurance with web comic authors.

Mostly I think it depends on the nature of the artist/author and the kind of internet they inhabit.

_________________
Where in the name of Deus Ex Machina did that T-Rex come from?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 10:14 pm 
Offline
PostWhorePornStar
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2001 5:00 pm
Posts: 5768
Location: Boston, Massachusetts
Webcomics could use a good ass-kicking.

And yeah, sycophants are the worst thing that can happen to a webcomic artist. The second you let yourself get convinced that your comic is perfect and there's nothing you could be doing to improve it, you're fucked.

_________________
iothera: a science fantasy


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 11:26 pm 
Offline
PostWhorePornStar
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 13, 2002 5:00 pm
Posts: 10547
Location: Bris-Vegas Australia
I liked his entry on Ctrl-Alt-Delete.

I still read it, but I'm approaching the point where my Obsessive nature and desire to collect and archive every strip is being outweighed by my tolerance for crap.

Actor.

_________________
"Why can't we go back to living like cavemen? I know it was a rough and ready existence - the men where always rough and the women were always ready! " - Santa.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 2:21 am 
Offline
Addict
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2002 5:00 pm
Posts: 2752
Location: South of the equator
He's very angry, isn't he?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 2:31 am 
Offline
Green Text

Joined: Thu Dec 12, 2002 5:00 pm
Posts: 4126
Location: Clouds, rain, and green fields...
I stopped reading DD around about the Order/Chaos avatar thingy. Most folks improve their art/writing as time goes on, but that one never really did.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 4:24 am 
Offline
Local
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 14, 2006 10:11 am
Posts: 304
Location: The South...
That was a little tl and I dr.

However, it occurs to me that someone put a lot of time and effort into bitching about someone else, only to reduce their argument to a childish, "die in a fire".

My conclusion -- someone is totally gay for someone else and the only way he can express it is through angry words.

_________________
***Kitty says, "Rawr".***


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 6:41 am 
Offline
something smells fishy here
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 19, 2007 11:30 am
Posts: 119
bellofthedamned wrote:
That was a little tl and I dr.

However, it occurs to me that someone put a lot of time and effort into bitching about someone else, only to reduce their argument to a childish, "die in a fire".

My conclusion -- someone is totally gay for someone else and the only way he can express it is through angry words.


yeah well you're a man so fuck off


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 6:58 am 
Offline
Addict
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 14, 2003 1:34 am
Posts: 2715
Location: Podunk, MI
cakewalk wrote:
bellofthedamned wrote:
That was a little tl and I dr.

However, it occurs to me that someone put a lot of time and effort into bitching about someone else, only to reduce their argument to a childish, "die in a fire".

My conclusion -- someone is totally gay for someone else and the only way he can express it is through angry words.


yeah well you're a man so fuck off


Ackbar sense, tingling!

_________________
"Oh, look who it is / It's my supportive wife/ And she thinks she's going to squeal/ Hey where do you think you're going?/ Don't you walk away from me/ You put down that telephone /You're not calling anyone"


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 11:18 am 
Offline
Local
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 14, 2006 10:11 am
Posts: 304
Location: The South...
It's ok. Clearly Dominic disguised himself as cakewalk to defend his own actions in other forums.

_________________
***Kitty says, "Rawr".***


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 12:14 pm 
Offline
Addict

Joined: Wed Dec 31, 1969 5:00 pm
Posts: 3759
Location: your house, your living room, your sofa
bellofthedamned wrote:
It's ok. Clearly Dominic disguised himself as cakewalk to defend his own actions in other forums.


I think maybe you're a little confused.

Also, if you're gonna comment on something at least do people the favour of making the effort to know what the hell you're talking about first.

_________________
Where in the name of Deus Ex Machina did that T-Rex come from?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 12:19 pm 
Offline
Local
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 14, 2006 10:11 am
Posts: 304
Location: The South...
Oops, I quoted the subject, not the author of the passage.

_________________
***Kitty says, "Rawr".***


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 12:48 pm 
Offline
something smells fishy here
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 19, 2007 11:30 am
Posts: 119
bellofthedamned wrote:
Oops, I quoted the subject, not the author of the passage.


JUST LIKE A MAN WOULD DO


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 1:25 pm 
Offline
Local
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 14, 2006 10:11 am
Posts: 304
Location: The South...
You're right. I am a man. I admit it. I've been carrying these breasts and this vagina for 24 years just to fool everyone. It's been hard slipping them on and off when I think people could find out, and even harder to live a lie.

Then again, I guess you know my pain, seeing as how you've been living a lie -- pretending to be a human when you're really just a troll.

_________________
***Kitty says, "Rawr".***


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 1:35 pm 
Offline
Addict
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 21, 2004 1:36 am
Posts: 1512
Psst. You should probably shut up now.

_________________
I had that dream again
where I was lost
for good in outer space


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 1:41 pm 
Offline
PostWhorePornStar
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 13, 2002 5:00 pm
Posts: 10547
Location: Bris-Vegas Australia
Does everyone like where this is heading?

Actor.

_________________
"Why can't we go back to living like cavemen? I know it was a rough and ready existence - the men where always rough and the women were always ready! " - Santa.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: bellofthedamned: lolcow or lolbullinadress?
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 2:30 pm 
Offline
something smells fishy here
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 19, 2007 11:30 am
Posts: 119
would you rather we discuss dominic deegan

psst bell of the damned girls have more parts than just vaginas and boobs you should list the ovaries and uterus and the part of the brain that makes them bad at math too if you really want to be convincing


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 3:06 pm 
Offline
Addict
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 21, 2003 3:14 pm
Posts: 2045
Sair wrote:
Psst. You should probably shut up now.
what do you know? You're living a lie -- pretending to be a human when you're really just a bunny.

_________________
All articles that coruscate with resplendence are not truly auriferous.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 3:56 pm 
Offline
<font color=darkred><b>Lorem Ipsum
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 13, 2002 5:00 pm
Posts: 3342
Location: ich bin ein Auslander
you're all living a lie, since the only real person on the internet is me. the rest of you are just computer-generated approximations of humanbeings interacting via electronic means.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 4:53 pm 
Offline
PostWhorePornStar
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 13, 2002 5:00 pm
Posts: 10547
Location: Bris-Vegas Australia
I'm am the Jekyll to your Hyde.

Actor.

_________________
"Why can't we go back to living like cavemen? I know it was a rough and ready existence - the men where always rough and the women were always ready! " - Santa.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group