ZOMBIE FORUMS

It's a stinking, shambling corpse grotesquely parodying life.
It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 7:06 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 136 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Ten year reunion. You in?
Fuck yes! 56%  56%  [ 10 ]
Maaaaybe. 33%  33%  [ 6 ]
No way. 11%  11%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 18
 Post subject: Re: Kyhm Forums Reunion Planning Thread
PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 3:14 pm 
Addict

~WHOOP WHOOP WHOOP~ Badge Alert ~WHOOP WHOOP WHOOP~

Here is where you can register your badge for Dragon Con 2014. The price is $65 until September 15, 2013.

^-^'

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 10:38 pm 
Local

Okay, so upon seeing this (as I was writing up SCP entries of our Skinner Sanatorium RP; that damn thing keep preoccupying my mind as of late) I literally shed tears.

Sign me up as a strong maybe. It's just over a year away, and in that time I should certainly have saved up enough to participate.

First, Dragon Con. Fucking eh. Second: Kyhm forums. Y'all were literally where I spent most of my adolescence, so I at least need to buy y'all a drink. And punch a few of you in the face, but hey, you'll get a free drink out of it.

Edited to add: happy birthday to fucking me, amirite! This thread turned my morose solo-drinking into something I can look forward to in the next year. You guys are always there when I need you, it seems.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 9:41 am 
Addict

Updating the lists again... We're now up to EIGHTEEN people who have expressed interest in attending (that haven't also said they can't)! That's pretty awesome.

The reunion is being held at Dragon Con 2014. The dates for that are Thursday, August 28, 2014 until Monday, September 1, 2014.

The Attendees wrote:

Confirmed, Registration Paid:

Imp-Chan* **
Michael Poe*
Wolf346
Gazing Rabbit
Omnipotent Entity

Additional semi-confirmed people:

WrenDraco**
Skjie
Schnerfle
GothAlice
Shinimegami & her boytoy

Possibly:

Actor
Eronarn
Chaos
MiaoMing
TheMadThinker
Kyhm
IcyMonkey
Rae (he usually attends anyways)

Very Maybe:

Wark
Jasper

Different meetup:

Kali
Ez

* Poe and I will either have badges through the artist's alley, or buy them later in the year. Either way, barring medical emergency, there's no way that we'll cancel.
** Room Captains

The Rooms wrote:

Assuming I can get them when I book, I plan to book three rooms at the Hyatt from Thursday, August 28, 2014 until Monday, September 1, 2014 (meaning for four nights, with folks departing on Monday). If I can get the two four-person rooms so that they connect I will. For right now, based on this year's rate plus tax for a four-person room, I'm estimating $240 per person, but I'll have final numbers in October of this year. The deadline to reserve a room in my block is December 1, 2013.

Names in italics are as yet unregistered. For the moment, I'm just filling out the lists as people confirm, we can shuffle room sharing later.

Hyatt Room 1 - FULL

Imp-Chan
Poe

Hyatt Room 2

Wolf346
Gazing Rabbit
Shinimegami
Shinimegami's Boytoy

Hyatt Room 3

Omnipotent Entity
-
-
-

Skjie & WrenDraco have also agreed to be room captains. They'll be booking (3?) rooms at (which hotel?), also presumably from Thursday, August 28, 2014 until Monday, September 1, 2014 (meaning for four nights, with folks departing on Monday). The room rate depends on which hotel they book. The deadline for booking a room in their block is TBD.

Room 1 - FULL

Skjie
WrenDraco

Room 2

-
-
-
-

Room 3

-
-
-
-

Edit: I heard from Actor, and apparently his chances for attending have improved, so I'm updating the list to reflect that.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 2:57 pm 
Expatriate

I love that you've got him listed as my boytoy. I have to show him that when I get home.

I can make something in a crockpot easily enough. I think I have two of them. I kinda suck at special food cooking, so maybe whatever I make should be assumed unsafe to those with food allergies?

Still trying to get the boy to agree to this.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 6:29 pm 
Addict

WHOOP WHOOP WHOOP!!

Hotels update!

The official page for the Dragon Con 2014 host hotels can be found here. The only host hotel that is not yet sold out is the Hyatt. Rooms for four nights for four people are going for $225 a night plus tax, or approximately $243. Call it $250 per person for hotel rooms, to offset the cost of getting a fridge for each room. Internet will probably be a thing you separately buy for your individual devices.

Hyatt rooms go in seconds once registration opens. I will do my best to secure three of them, but to do that I will need names and addresses for everyone who will be in my two quads, because they make you book with them.

Now, if that doesn't work, we'll have some choices. The list of overflow hotels can be found here. I think they're not all sold out, and that those are last year's numbers, but I could be wrong. Hotels go very, very fast. I suspect that if we can't successfully get our blocks of rooms at the Hyatt, we might need to acquire more room captains and individually hunt down options. We'd be more spread out, but as long as a couple people have rooms at host hotels we can congregate as needed.

So... time to start setting some rooms.

The Rooms wrote:

Names in italics are as yet unregistered. For the moment, I'm just filling out the lists, we can shuffle room sharing later.

Hyatt Room 1 - FULL

Imp-Chan
Poe

Hyatt Room 2

Wolf346
Gazing Rabbit
Shinimegami
Shinimegami's Boytoy

Hyatt Room 3

Omnipotent Entity
-
-
-

Skjie & WrenDraco have also agreed to be room captains. They'll be booking (3?) rooms at (which hotel?), also presumably from Thursday, August 28, 2014 until Monday, September 1, 2014 (meaning for four nights, with folks departing on Monday). The room rate depends on which hotel they book. The deadline for booking a room in their block is TBD.

Room 1 - FULL

Skjie
WrenDraco

Room 2

-
-
-
-

Room 3

-
-
-
-

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 6:46 pm 
Addict

Alright you crazy punks, I'm in. Barring disaster, I should be able to make it. And someone has to represent the-contingent-of-folks-who-have-the-Queen-on-their-money (tcofwhtQotm henceforth). I chatted it over with my fiancée, and we think it should be manageable. I might have to work from the hotel room or a Starbucks on the Friday, but I'll sort my shit out.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 6:57 pm 
Addict

Will that be just you, or you and your fiancée?

The Rooms wrote:

Names in italics are as yet unregistered. For the moment, I'm just filling out the lists, we can shuffle room sharing later.

Hyatt Room 1 - FULL

Imp-Chan
Poe

Hyatt Room 2

Wolf346
Gazing Rabbit
Shinimegami
Shinimegami's Boytoy

Hyatt Room 3

Omnipotent Entity
themadthinker
-
-

Room 1 - FULL

Skjie
WrenDraco

Room 2

-
-
-
-

Room 3

-
-
-
-

Edit: Also, I just got off the phone with the Hyatt. They say that I can go ahead and book my three rooms with just my name securing the rooms, and then fill in the blank later. I'd still rather have names and addresses, in case it isn't that easy.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:40 pm 
Addict

Just me!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 5:06 am 
Addict

Impy, I will trust you blindly to handle the registration. I will need a couple of days to transfer the cash tho, as I use pre-paid credit cards for international transactions (cheaper by much than paying the bank for the privilege) and I will need a new one just for this. So just tell me when and I'll take care of it.

In other news, I got my tourist visa approved.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 11:41 am 
Expatriate

Hey! Gazing Rabbit! We never talked much. Impy has us sharing a room. You're not gonna kill us all in our sleep, are you?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 12:32 pm 
Addict

I have yet to kill anyone in their sleep, and I see no reason to change this policy at this point.
Unless you mean in your dreams, and then... Well... Way back when in the army my sergeant at the time confided in me by saying she had a dream in which I shot her. This was completely unwarranted, of course, as the person who I was plotting against was the lieutenant.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 12:44 pm 
Expatriate

Ha! Well, that's okay, then. One never knows with you weird internet types. ~.^

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 2:09 am 
Addict

Well seems facebook did something right when it showed Wren and Impy talking abuot this thread....

Alas it seems fitting that I was broke for the first meetup and now I'm broke for the reunion. Still have meeting all you folks down on my bucket list so one day when I make it big don't be too suprised if a daft Yorkshireman comes knocking on your door :)

May all that go have lots of fun, and raise a glass in the name of those who can't.

"We Legion know what it be like to be warjack. When death comes, I die bleeding oil and sparks like metal brothers. When death comes, I die in steam." - Deidric Harkinos, veteran of the Man-O-War Legion

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 4:37 pm 
Expatriate

He said we're gonna go!!!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 6:27 pm 
Addict

Okay, updating from the flurry of information...

We're calling it $250 per person for hotel rooms. Internet will probably be a thing you separately buy for your individual devices. For right now, rooms are just getting filled in as I hear from people with names and e-mails. For right now, I'm spacing people out so that we have two names per room to make booking easier, and will pass some names and e-mail addresses along to WrenDraco so that she can grab her three rooms, too.

Once we successfully camp the Passkey site and snag all six rooms, then we can start playing shuffle and doing the actual room assignments next week, and also start collecting hotel money.

The Rooms wrote:

Names in italics are as yet unregistered, but have said they're definitely coming.

Hyatt Room 1 - FULL

Imp-Chan
Poe

Hyatt Room 2

Wolf346
Gazing Rabbit
-
-

Hyatt Room 3

Omnipotent Entity
-
-
-

Room 1 - FULL

Skjie
WrenDraco

Room 2

Shinimegami
Shinimegami's Boytoy (aka Jared)

-
-

Room 3

themadthinker
actor_au

-
-

I need at least one more confirmed body to book my third room and then we'll be all set for the information side of room snagging... any takers?

^-^'

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 6:51 pm 
Addict

Oh, and here is a list of people who have expressed interest here or on Facebook, but have not confirmed with me yet...

Schnerfle
GothAlice
Eronarn
Chaos
MiaoMing
Kyhm
IcyMonkey
Spiketail
Wark
Jasper
Rae (he usually attends, but may have a conflict in 2014)

Also, Ant, you've still got some time to win the lotto or whatever (just not the same one that Actor's supposed to win, obviously). The convention isn't until the end of August next year, and even if all of our spaces in our rooms book up before that, room shares are not hard to find for the con. So you've probably got until July or so if your circumstances change.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 2:07 am 
Addict

Unfortunatly to win the lottery I'd have to play it, the yorkshireman in me won't let me spend even the couple of quid a week on maybes when it can go on other things :) like a good pint.

"We Legion know what it be like to be warjack. When death comes, I die bleeding oil and sparks like metal brothers. When death comes, I die in steam." - Deidric Harkinos, veteran of the Man-O-War Legion

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:49 am 
Addict

Well, booking the rooms did not go as smoothly as desired. By which I mean I scored one room before the system filled up, and WrenDraco didn't even get that far.

The good news is, people will inevitably start canceling rooms, or offering to transfer them. So I will call the hotel every day until I have the two additional rooms I need. Probably, there won't be any cancellations for a few weeks at least, though, and I may or may not be able to still get the con rate.

We could also get rooms in "nearby" hotels, still. They won't be party central, or easy to commute to and from, however. Thoughts?

-_-'

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 2:22 pm 
Expatriate

Definitely keep on them, Impy. While I'm not overly concerned by not being in party central if we stay elsewhere, I DO NOT want to drive in Atlanta if I can help it (other than getting to the hotel, obviously). But, whatever happens, we'll all still have fun! :)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:21 pm 
Native

I'm not bringing a car down and I'd rather not drive in a foreign country anyway. :P

For the adventurous types, there's this:

https://www.airbnb.ca

Friend of mine has had success with it, but Skjie's being a snob and insists we must stay in a hotel so my hunt shall continue.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 136 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next