ZOMBIE FORUMS

It's a stinking, shambling corpse grotesquely parodying life.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:33 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2001 4:32 am 
Tourist

Ok,
It is 2:18 Am on Christmas morning and I am bored out of my mind. You can only post so much before it gets really boring. I have been on since 9:00 at night yesterday and have gone through 3 cd’s and am now playing this one through for the second time. Because of all this I have come to the realization that there really isn’t more to life. People will tell you that you need to make something of yourself, do something, make a difference. They are simply wrong. There is no point. Life is meaningless and it was designed to be so. You shouldn’t get sad at this new development, it’s not like you have to change what your doing. Because whatever you are doing, sleeping, eating, typing messages into the giant void of nothing; it is the whole reason you exist. Oh the reason changes with whatever you are doing at that instant but it is the same thing. You need not interact with anyone unless you decide that is what you want to do. If you spend your entire life searching for the right person and you find no one then you have reached perfection. So why even try? Well, you don’t have to do you? Nope, you can just sit and do nothing and you will become enlightened in the end. Isn’t the purpose of life to do what you wish? Does anyone stop you from doing so? No, they don’t. Sure they can try but if you just go ahead and do it they have no power. Then again if you have this unlimited power, which you do, people just want you to believe otherwise, why waste it on something stupid? Do something worthwhile! Whatever you wish you could do but you wont because of what might happen, do it. So what if tomorrow you’ll be dead because of it, you’ll have completed your task at hand. And maybe you will live to see another day. Maybe that special someone will stay with you after you take them out. Deep inside you must not care, caring leads to failure. Yet you won’t really fail you’ll just end up with a stupid life purpose. Just think, do you want your purpose in life to be stupid. Did you ever think to yourself “The one thing I want o do in my life is to think about this really wonderful girl named marline and then die after drinking to many cans of paint”? No! Why do that then? Do what you wish and don’t look back; look forward. How much worse off could you be if simply tried? That’s the point really; all you people just sit around hoping life will drag you along and take you where you want to go. You can drag life around; it’s not even attached to anything. Life is you. Your deepest wishes should not be wishes but realities. And that brings me back to it being Christmas day. The year is nearly gone. Don’t wait for the next to start doing what you wish, do it now. Now your coming to the point where you say “What would the world be like if people did what they pleased”. Well, think about that, wouldn’t it be better? People really don’t have deep inner urges to eat their fellow man do they? Anyhow anyone who does have urges that bad are going to try to fulfill them anyhow simply because they learn to ignore societies misconceptions. We should learn from our psychopaths! If they want to do something they do it, do they not? Are they wrong for following their dreams? No! Sure their dreams include eating people or drinking paint but more power to them. They probably have good reason to do so. So with all that I will leave you with a few questions for you to answer. (You do not have to post them)
1) Why?
2) What is the one thing you want to do, right now this second?
3) What is something that you let pass you by?
4) Are you willing to live your life out without fulfilling your dreams?
5) Are you scared?
6) Did you even take the effort to read this?
7) Are you going to try or fail?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2001 5:38 am 
n00b

You know what? I agree with almost everything you say. Life is pointless. But, guess what? I merely look the other way, and say ‘It’s not.’ I think it, therefore it is so. I will not let some drugged-up cousin or an uneducated boy among men calling himself ‘Family’ tell me otherwise. I have found the secret to life, if it only be what I think it is and no one else shares my views.
If no one gets hurt in doing something, do it. If it does hurt people, try to avoid doing it. Drinking paint and eating babies will hurt the drinker and the parents respectively. Those are things that shouldn’t be done. Power to them for fulfilling their dreams, but eternal damnation for having the nerve to hurt themselves and others in such a manner. They are not stopped because no one else knows what’s happening until it’s happened.
If people did what they pleased, then things like greed and gluttony would rear their heads. You’d be surprised how fragile and diverse the human animal is. When they find that they or those around them whom they like are threatened, they will fight back in some way, shape, or form. People’s views clash. Some like animals. Some wouldn’t mind driving them into extinction for the mere purpose of getting a trophy or eating a meal. Others wouldn’t see anything wrong with doing the same to other people. Though there would most certainly be good people doing things to help others, the bad would overshadow it and things would get ugly quickly if everyone did exactly what they pleased. Disdain for other people will end in backlash, that is what I have learned.
Sadly, my two deepest wishes will not become realities. I will not become the ‘stand-in writer of the universe,’ and there’s a very large chance I will never find a certain person I have been looking for for years. Does she exist? I do not know. But I look anyways, and people laugh because of it. I don’t mind.

As for those questions...
6) Take a wild guess.
3) School dances. The tramps in U.S. History that practically tried to mount me in the school hallway, who I am still trying to let pass me by. That one girl who was left at the end of that musical audition I accidentally went to last year. The unlocked cafeteria storage area that same day. Foes who try to be friends. The ‘80s. Opportunities to ask for what I want, even if receiving what I ask for is a certainty.
2) Sit in a room, and write out the microcosm I have stored in my head. Search for an image generator that runs on thought patterns. Eliminate the ‘viral strain of conscious’ that thrives in my subconscious. Go to sleep. Fly without the aide of a plane. Listen to Matchbox Twenty’s ‘You Won’t Be Mine’ without the 2:30 or so seconds of silence near the end.
7) I won’t fail until I try. If I try, I might succeed. I will merely do my best to succeed. If anyone dares tell me that effort does not matter, then i will tell them to get out of my way.
5) Yes. Isn’t it a wonderful feeling?
4) I hear death’s a great adventure. Bah. I plan on living forever, anyway.
1) Because I do things that are so harmless that no one wants to stop me. Because I can. Because I want to. Because I have something inside of me screaming to get out, that most likely won’t hurt others physically of psychologically. Because some had the sheer gall to tell me I acted older than my parents when I was twelve. Because people ask me if I live an ‘alternative lifestyle’ though I rarely wear black and stay as far away from make-up and fingernail paint as I can. Because people tell me I’m a psychopath, because they say they’ve heard of bets that I would be the first to shoot up the classrooms after Columbine, because they think I’m some crazy, deluded fool who could do so much better with his life.

All these and more things have driven me and kept me going when I have considered going out of my way to ruin the lives of those who make me miserable. And I will prove them wrong by doing what I and even some others enjoy doing after I do what is required of me, and dying a happy man. Those who tell me I am full of ‘sewage’ amuse me sometimes, because they think that little blips of light on a screen or soundwaves entering my ear can stop me. It can, I just won’t let it.

You should try to do the same. It isn’t easy, but it can be done.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2001 9:05 am 
n00b

it's 10:30 on new year's eve. what am i doing online? *strays from her usual cheery self* holidays are so lonely sometimes.

hi btw!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2002 11:53 pm 
Local

This is certainly an interesting thread. Among many thoughts and implications (from MrDude and Enforcer), I sense the following:

-> Some musings of regret...

-> Some despair over the absence of any soulmate or intimate companion...

-> A determination to move forward in spite of the past and in spite of the opinions of others...

-> A belief that any personal actions should be acceptable as long as they do not hurt anyone...

-> An assertion that life is meaningless or pointless...

Omoshiroi, ne? <font size=-1>(Interesting, isn't it?)</font>

MrDude's seven questions are also interesting, but for myself, I can answer them all by stating my philosophy of living: I want to live my life so that I have minimized my regrets. That's it. When I am on my deathbed, I want to be able to say that I did the things I wanted to do and that I am content with the choices I have made. And I live each day with that in mind.

If someone told me I have just one year -- or one month -- or one week -- or one day -- left to live, I wouldn't live those days any differently than I am now. I have had a very good life, and I am ready to meet my maker, whenever she calls -- today... tomorrow... 50 years from now... or whenever. No regrets.

This is not to say I haven't gone through tough times. I've been poor. I've been lonely. I've been anguished. But I wouldn't trade a minute of my life for anyone else's. And I look forward to each new day. I try to make my life and myself better -- but when I can't, I try to make someone else's life better. There is no better cure for one's own ills than to give of oneself to another, more desperate person. IMHO.

While you are young, you pretty much have to be focused on yourself -- struggling with self-identity, self-doubt -- even self-pity. This is normal. It's easy to be skeptical, critical, and cynical. Well, you just hope to muddle through and survive. And most people do. One you get past just surviving, you'll have better opportunities to pursue your dreams. Just don't ever forget your dreams.

I suppose this is enough soapboxing. I'm older than MrDude and Enforcer put together, so I have a lot of experience to look back on. Things do begin to look better after a few decades. :wink:

In short, I suppose my assertions then are:

-> Life is an adventure or quest -- not a burden or a curse.

-> Life is shorter than you think.

-> Make the best of it.

-----------------
LovelyAngel
<font size=-1>If you're already falling, you might as well try to fly.</font>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2002 11:56 pm 
Local

Quote:
On 2001-12-31 08:05, mika wrote:
it's 10:30 on new year's eve. what am i doing online? *strays from her usual cheery self* holidays are so lonely sometimes.

I'm sorry you are (were) lonely. I hope it was just a momentary sadness. You will always have friends, whether IRL -- or here on the Internet. How do I know this? It is because you have a good heart -- that fact is readily apparent -- and people of this nature are never without friends -- especially in times of need or despair. All you have to do is ask, and your friends will be at your side.

-----------------
LovelyAngel
<font size=-1>"Be the best. Have fun. No compromise"</font>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2002 7:24 am 
n00b

Awww! that's so sweet! *feels all warm, fuzzy and chibi again*

Thank you :smile:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2002 11:00 pm 
Tourist

LovelyAngel,
Thank you for your comments. They were actually quite good and enlightening. I sent this post out to many people other than this forum alone and you are the only one who didn’t take the meaning the wrong way without me giving a long explanation. I am happy to say that I have since decided to change my attitude and simply enjoy what I have rather than wallow in my own self-pity. Thanks again and enjoy yourself.