ZOMBIE FORUMS

It's a stinking, shambling corpse grotesquely parodying life.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:49 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2002 1:08 am 
Tourist

I would like to say something profound and enlightening about this upcoming year (it’s about 10:30 in Colorado, duh) but really nothing is special. The times will overlap; nothing grand and wonderous will happen that couldn’t have happened this year. Not to say wonderful things won’t happen this New Year, they will and hopefully some to me. Never the less I do find this change quite unimportant in the grand scheme of things. I will however try to set some goals for the future since this time of year seems to be a good occasion to do so.<br>
I have already changed much of my attitude earlier this year (about November) simply because I had some revelations of my own due to some events that occurred then (I will not go into further detail). So I will share with you what I have decided to do. Many of you may have heard me talk of this new “plan” but I must repeat myself because it seems to modify daily. First of all, I have decided to become less cautious. I have spent too much time worrying about others feeling or reactions to what I do or say. So basically I am going to make an effort to do what I wish, to a point, I’m not going to eat children or rape women, (no I don’t want to do that.). Also I have decided to appreciate what I have and be happy for what that is. Earlier this year I was miserable and spent a great deal of effort to remain that way because I was lonely. Well, that sort of brings me back to doing what I want, for I did so. At that point in time I was quite happy and so then it hit me. Why wait for good things to come? If they don’t why should I continue to be unhappy. My life is in general good, even without a special someone to share it with (which at the moment I seem to have). So in essence I am going to stop worrying about what I have not but pay attention to what I have.<br>
So that brings me back to why I don’t care about the fact that the date is changing yet again. I didn’t wait for the New Year to change myself. And neither should you. (and you thought I was just preaching to myself). Right now, whether it is already 2002 or still 2001, or maybe your still in 1967 I don’t know, Start following your resolutions whatever they may be. I would not suggest you resolve to loose weight or grow in breast size or any other shallow and insignificant thing you can come up with. If you wish to do those things simply do them and don’t act like they disserve “resolution” status. They don’t, they are just a small portions of the bigger picture. If you wish to loose weight because you think that you’ll be able to ask that wonderful person out when you look good, stop and think, will you really ever be satisfied with your self? Probably not if you just go to a gym. There is probably a deeper problem at hand. Fix that big problem firs and then worry about your weight later. And Breast size, well I don’t care how big your breasts are so why should you?<br>
Ok, I think I’ve made my point. This is the biggest rant yet. Have a happy new year.