ZOMBIE FORUMS

It's a stinking, shambling corpse grotesquely parodying life.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:02 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: The Sword of the King: Madraven's novel.
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2004 11:40 pm 
Tourist

<a href="http://www.angelfire.com/journal2/madravenstark/tsotkchp1.html" target="_base">Chapter One</a>.

Quote:
Guinn was sitting at one of the tables. She was sopping the last of her breakfast's gravy with a biscuit. There was a basket full of them sitting in the middle of the table, and a stack of dirty dishes next to it. Gideon dropped his gear on the floor and flopped into a chair, wincing at the jolt in his head. "What did Ah do las' night?"

Guinn popped the last of the biscuit into her mouth. "Two drinking contests - which you won, three whores - and a fight when you found out the second was a tree-man and not a tree-woman; he's currently being tended for the defoliage spell you cast on him, another brawl when the loser of the first drinking contest called you a fairy - he's cooling his heels at the morgue, a dinner - most of which I'm guessing didn't end up in the chamberpot this morning since the third whore was still with you this morning, and then I'd guess a couple of hours of sweet loving before you passed out." She started on another biscuit."

Gideon groaned. "Why is it Ah canna ever remember the good nights?"

"Probably because you drank four kegs dry."

yes, grammar mistakes and misspellings abound. the "fixed" version sits on my computer still. i was halfway through coding it all up before i realized id forgotten to do that. i didnt feel like going back and RE-doing the code.

madraven stark