ZOMBIE FORUMS

It's a stinking, shambling corpse grotesquely parodying life.
It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 11:12 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Icy throws a hissy-fit
PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2004 11:12 am 
Addict

{begin self-righteous rant}

So I was pondering this whole debacle with Grey being banned, and I thought to myself: "What's the most immature, childish way I can respond to this situation?" And I answered: "Why, by resigning from the forums in protest."

It's not just this whole Grey thing. Oh no. I've been noticing that lately the Kyhm Forums have become a hotbed of petty, immature squabbling. The atmosphere here has just been growing generally more negative.

So I'm going to be taking a break from the forums. It will most likely be temporary, though if this shit continues, it might not be. My hiatus could last a week; it could last a month; it could last a year. However, I doubt that it will last that long, because I still really like Kyhm Forums and all the people here. This is a really great place, what with all the cultural diversity, tolerance for strange ideas, and overall intelligence of most of the regulars here. I, for one, hope we're just going through a bit of a rough period.

{end self righteous rant}

Yes, I realize that running away from the forums and whining about their decline is the coward's way out. I realize that I should instead be trying to help solve these problems instead of fleeing from them and hoping they'll get better. But.... to be honest, there's just too much going on in my life right now for me to be worrying about this.

You see, I have other, perhaps more important reasons for leaving, too, besides the ones I've already stated. Specifically, it's the beginning of the spring semester, I'm taking four credits more than I was in the fall, and I don't want anything to distract me too much from my schoolwork. And if there's one thing Kyhm Forums is good at, it's distracting me. You may remember that I took a month off the beginning of last semester for the same basic reason.

I'll still be participating in the RPs I'm currently in (e.g. Skinner). I'll also be on AIM for anyone who wants to contact me. However, I won't be checking any non-RP sections of the forums, nor will I be going on IRC.

*Zara makes a sacrifice to Squabius, the god(dess) of postwhoring, to ensure that this thread gets as many responses as possible so he can satisfy his desperate need for attention.*

Adieu.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2004 12:02 pm 
Native

(deleted because I rethought my opinion on this)

Last edited by Kylaer on Fri Jan 23, 2004 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: I was never really much of a postwhore... <.< >.> <.<
PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2004 1:44 pm 
Addict

Wha? You sacrificed something to moi? I'm touched! ^_^

Hehe, take care of what you need to and come on right back, y'hear?

You're a part of the brick and mortar or something?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2004 3:23 pm 
Addict

Normally immature people exhibit excessive attachment to things and especially their connections with people. If you were actually able to leave and stay away for an extended period of time then I would probably think you are reasonably mature.

But then again maturity is subjective since afterall I am older than Mibbeh.