ZOMBIE FORUMS

It's a stinking, shambling corpse grotesquely parodying life.
It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:49 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]




Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 9:40 am 
Offline
Addict

Joined: Wed Dec 31, 1969 5:00 pm
Posts: 3759
Location: your house, your living room, your sofa
Kaz*CheesyDoritoBomb* wrote:
Shinigami wrote:
That probably has to do with the fact that I'm almost always carrying my bokuto or shinai on me.

I was thinking of carrying my fake katana around, if not for looks I have proven I can put it through skin.


HAY GUYS WHAT IS GOING ON?? I CARRY ALL OF THE WEAPONS WITH ME IN CASE I HAVE TO THROWN DOWN WITH A GANG OF EVIL CRIME DOERS TRYING TO IMPUNGE THE REPUTATION AND DIGNITY OF A FAIR MAIDEN.

I AM DASHING AND ASS KICKING.

I DON'T TAKE NO SHIT. I REPRESENT WITH MY WEAPONS.

:v:v:v:v:v:v:v:v:v:v:v:v:v:v:v:v:v:v:v:v:v:v:v:v:v:v:v:v:v:v:v:v:v:v:v:v

_________________
Where in the name of Deus Ex Machina did that T-Rex come from?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 9:56 am 
Offline
Addict
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 21, 2003 3:14 pm
Posts: 2045
onion wrote:
Kaz*CheesyDoritoBomb* wrote:
Shinigami wrote:
That probably has to do with the fact that I'm almost always carrying my bokuto or shinai on me.

I was thinking of carrying my fake katana around, if not for looks I have proven I can put it through skin.


HAY GUYS WHAT IS GOING ON?? I CARRY ALL OF THE WEAPONS WITH ME IN CASE I HAVE TO THROWN DOWN WITH A GANG OF EVIL CRIME DOERS TRYING TO IMPUNGE THE REPUTATION AND DIGNITY OF A FAIR MAIDEN.

I AM DASHING AND ASS KICKING.

I DON'T TAKE NO SHIT. I REPRESENT WITH MY WEAPONS.

:v:v:v:v:v:v:v:v:v:v:v:v:v:v:v:v:v:v:v:v:v:v:v:v:v:v:v:v:v:v:v:v:v:v:v:v
Life can be hard for a fat suburban white kid. You never know when an Explorer full of soccer moms might attack.

_________________
All articles that coruscate with resplendence are not truly auriferous.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 11:09 am 
Offline
Addict

Joined: Mon Sep 30, 2002 5:00 pm
Posts: 1512
Location: the edge of the world and all of western civilization
Carrying a katana is not a very wise decision due to the fact that you'll get hit hard if a cop stops you, and they will. Oddly enough, I believe it's legal to carry a wakizashi here as long as it's openly displayed at waist level. I'll stick with my bokuto, though. Ya know, 'cause I always have it on me anyway and it fits within the constraints of Californian weapon law(l)s.

_________________
I am your savior. I am corruption. I am the angel of your destruction.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 11:12 am 
Offline
Addict

Joined: Wed Dec 31, 1969 5:00 pm
Posts: 3759
Location: your house, your living room, your sofa
Shinigami wrote:
Carrying a katana is not a very wise decision due to the fact that you'll get hit hard if a cop stops you, and they will. Oddly enough, I believe it's legal to carry a wakizashi here as long as it's openly displayed at waist level. I'll stick with my bokuto, though. Ya know, 'cause I always have it on me anyway and it fits within the constraints of Californian weapon law(l)s.


:bang:

_________________
Where in the name of Deus Ex Machina did that T-Rex come from?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 11:28 am 
Offline
Addict

Joined: Mon Sep 30, 2002 5:00 pm
Posts: 1512
Location: the edge of the world and all of western civilization
I have a bokuto/shinai on me 'cause I train in the arts, onion -_- I typically have huge gaps between my classes, so I take the opportunity to work on my swordsmanship (of course classes are out now, so I have a lot more time on my hands). I do not carry either of the previously mentioned because I worry that some day a ninja will appear and totally flip out on me.

_________________
I am your savior. I am corruption. I am the angel of your destruction.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 11:44 am 
Offline
Addict

Joined: Wed Dec 31, 1969 5:00 pm
Posts: 3759
Location: your house, your living room, your sofa
Oh it's because you train in "the arts" and you might need to get some practice in in a mall.

I totally see now.

_________________
Where in the name of Deus Ex Machina did that T-Rex come from?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 11:51 am 
Offline
Addict
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 21, 2003 3:14 pm
Posts: 2045
Not ninja obviously. It's all the spics and niggers roaming the streets you gotta worry about. :v

_________________
All articles that coruscate with resplendence are not truly auriferous.


Last edited by arwing on Sun Jun 24, 2007 11:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 11:51 am 
Offline
Addict

Joined: Mon Sep 30, 2002 5:00 pm
Posts: 1512
Location: the edge of the world and all of western civilization
onion wrote:
Oh it's because you train in "the arts" and you might need to get some practice in in a mall.

I totally see now.


I haven't been to the mall in months, and I sure as hell don't carry my bokuto with me on the rare occasion that I do go, silly. Why don't you grace this thread with your expertise on the art of the broken beer bottle or something?

_________________
I am your savior. I am corruption. I am the angel of your destruction.


Last edited by Shinigami on Sun Jun 24, 2007 11:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 11:53 am 
Offline
Addict
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2006 12:42 pm
Posts: 1012
Location: Indiana Spaceport
And yet, I have had people try to mug me onion. Odd how a fat white kid who has decent looking clothes looks like a nice target. Because you know, its not like the biggest mall in indiana has the highest crime rate out of them all, I mean please thats just an urban myth.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 12:00 pm 
Offline
Addict
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 21, 2003 3:14 pm
Posts: 2045
if you run around expecting to be in a fight at any moment, chances are you'll find one.

Last thing I'd want lose on the streets is an armed paranoid weirdo. Stop getting your impression of humanity from the 11:00 news.

_________________
All articles that coruscate with resplendence are not truly auriferous.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 12:01 pm 
Offline
Addict

Joined: Mon Sep 30, 2002 5:00 pm
Posts: 1512
Location: the edge of the world and all of western civilization
It sounds like the impression is more stemmed from the fact that he's had people try to mug him before, arwing.

_________________
I am your savior. I am corruption. I am the angel of your destruction.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 12:07 pm 
Offline
Addict
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 21, 2003 3:14 pm
Posts: 2045
Shinigami wrote:
It sounds like the impression is more stemmed from the fact that he's had people try to mug him before, arwing.
The word "try" is quite subjective.

_________________
All articles that coruscate with resplendence are not truly auriferous.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 12:09 pm 
Offline
Addict

Joined: Wed Dec 31, 1969 5:00 pm
Posts: 3759
Location: your house, your living room, your sofa
Aha? Someone tried to mug you once?

Oh no. How terrible. Of course I've never been mugged and/or beaten/chased/kicked in the head/spat on/locked in a phone box for two hours/dragged along the groud by the hair/sexually assualted in the street during day light hours or anything like.

Which is probably why I don't carry a weapon of any kind on my person while outside.

Someone tries to mug you - you give them the damn money or whatever they want and you say 'please' and 'thank you sir' when they frisk you because being a hero and keeping that £10 and your ipod is not worth a beating or any kind of injury. That's generally what you learn when you actually have to deal with violence or the threat of violence on a regular basis - that you better get damn good at not pissing anyone off enough to catch a kicking, you better not look to well off if you're hanging out in a poor neighbourhood and you had better NEVER assume that carrying a wepon makes you safer.

What's the statistic about the percentage of morons shot or stabbed with with their own weapons again?

_________________
Where in the name of Deus Ex Machina did that T-Rex come from?


Last edited by onion on Sun Jun 24, 2007 12:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 12:11 pm 
Offline
Addict
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2006 12:42 pm
Posts: 1012
Location: Indiana Spaceport
Shinigami wrote:
It sounds like the impression is more stemmed from the fact that he's had people try to mug him before, arwing.

Yeah that is correct. I have had people attempt to mug me multiple times.
@ arwing: I expect somthing to happen wherever I go because I am a paranoid wierdo. I used to be so paranoid that in restraunts I would try to sit as far into a corner as possible so I could watch everyone.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 12:11 pm 
Offline
Addict

Joined: Wed Dec 31, 1969 5:00 pm
Posts: 3759
Location: your house, your living room, your sofa
Kaz*CheesyDoritoBomb* wrote:
Shinigami wrote:
It sounds like the impression is more stemmed from the fact that he's had people try to mug him before, arwing.

Yeah that is correct. I have had people attempt to mug me multiple times.
@ arwing: I expect somthing to happen wherever I go because I am a paranoid wierdo. I used to be so paranoid that in restraunts I would try to sit as far into a corner as possible so I could watch everyone.


Then you need therapy, not a fake katana.

And maybe some running shoes.

_________________
Where in the name of Deus Ex Machina did that T-Rex come from?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 12:12 pm 
Offline
Addict
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2006 12:42 pm
Posts: 1012
Location: Indiana Spaceport
Probably

I would have carried the fake katana to discourage people from trying it to do anything. Kind of like detterance. But I guess that doesn't really work.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 12:17 pm 
Offline
Addict

Joined: Wed Dec 31, 1969 5:00 pm
Posts: 3759
Location: your house, your living room, your sofa
No. It just makes you look like a twat.

You want deterance you carry a can of deep heat spray in your bag. That stuff is better than mace and when asked why you have it with you, you say 'I pulled a muscle at the gym...'.

There are smarter ways to defend yourself than carrying a fake katana that don't result in a possible manslaughter charge. If you're really worried about it take a self defence class, work out more, go running or become a hermit.

_________________
Where in the name of Deus Ex Machina did that T-Rex come from?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 12:21 pm 
Offline
Addict

Joined: Mon Sep 30, 2002 5:00 pm
Posts: 1512
Location: the edge of the world and all of western civilization
I think deterring potential muggers is a good idea. I think carrying around a faux katana for everyone with a badge to see, however, is pretty dumb.

_________________
I am your savior. I am corruption. I am the angel of your destruction.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 1:11 pm 
Offline
Addict
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 21, 2004 1:36 am
Posts: 1512
I'm kinda confused on this 'fake katana' thing. Is it made of plastic or something?

Protip: Don't carry a weapon if you can't use it. Or point it at someone if you don't intend to.

_________________
I had that dream again
where I was lost
for good in outer space


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 1:27 pm 
Offline
Addict

Joined: Wed Dec 31, 1969 5:00 pm
Posts: 3759
Location: your house, your living room, your sofa
Sair wrote:
Protip: Don't carry a weapon if you can't use it. Or point it at someone if you don't intend to.

_________________
Where in the name of Deus Ex Machina did that T-Rex come from?


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group