ZOMBIE FORUMS

It's a stinking, shambling corpse grotesquely parodying life.
It is currently Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:32 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]




Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 100 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 9:58 am 
Offline
Local
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2007 3:47 am
Posts: 270
Location: 3rd rock from the Sun
arwing wrote:
but onion, lots of people believe in Creationism. That's got to make it right!


I believe I can walk on water. Blub, blub...

Heh, if god really existed he would come down, whoop some ass and there would be no atheists. BTW, what does an omnipotent being need from us, why should he care, he's supposed to be almighty, if he doesn't like what he sees, abrakadabra and presto all things should be set right. Religion is for gulible people, who are afraid of a little uncertainty.

Good point there Arwing, BTW. Believing in something doesn't make it real for anyone else but the believer.

_________________
Polly: I'm not going to die, am I? I mean right now?
DEATH: NO. BUT YOU WERE TOLD YOU WOULD WALK WITH DEATH EVERY DAY.
Polly: Oh...Yes, Corporal Scallot said that.
DEATH: HE IS AN OLD FRIEND. YOU MIGHT SAY HE IS ON THE INSTALMENT PLAN.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 10:06 am 
Offline
PostWhorePornStar
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 30, 2003 2:17 pm
Posts: 5981
Location: Around about there.
arwing, cakewalk and onion wrote:
Image

Internets Court ajourned.

Edit:
pillaroforder wrote:
Heh, <s>if god really existed he would come down, whoop some ass and there would be no atheists</s> GOD HATES ATHEISTS.
BTW, what does an omnipotent being need from us, why should he care...

Your two points there fail to match up. You say that god hates athiests and then question why god would even care. Perhaps in future internets essays separate conflicting ideas into seperate quasiparagraphs.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 10:16 am 
Offline
Addict
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 21, 2003 3:14 pm
Posts: 2045
pillaroforder wrote:
I believe I can walk on water. Blub, blub...
I was thinking more like "the earth is the center of the universe," "there are weapons of mass destruction in Iraq," etc.

_________________
All articles that coruscate with resplendence are not truly auriferous.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 10:45 am 
Offline
Native
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2005 5:55 pm
Posts: 715
Location: Brill, Tirisfal Glades
cakewalk wrote:
Yorik wrote:
cakewalk wrote:
Yorik wrote:
snip
snip
snip
snip


I'm not Christian (at least, not a church-going one). I still believe in ID. Because I'd much rather believe a great bearded guy in the sky made everything than believe I'm descended from an orangutan and life as we know it is the result of a cosmic broken condom.

_________________
Brraaaiiiinnnnnzzzzzz...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 10:58 am 
Offline
Addict

Joined: Wed Dec 31, 1969 5:00 pm
Posts: 3759
Location: your house, your living room, your sofa
Yorik wrote:
cakewalk wrote:
Yorik wrote:
cakewalk wrote:
Yorik wrote:
snip
snip
snip
snip


I'm not Christian (at least, not a church-going one). I still believe in ID. Because I'd much rather believe a great bearded guy in the sky made everything than believe I'm descended from an orangutan and life as we know it is the result of a cosmic broken condom.


Firstly, if you snip every message then there's no point in the quote pyramid. Don't be fucking retarded.

Secondly, enjoy your denial and you're complete miscomprehension of science.

Also, isn't it hard to be a communist/socialist while upholding a belief in God born out of self delusion?

_________________
Where in the name of Deus Ex Machina did that T-Rex come from?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 10:59 am 
Offline
Addict

Joined: Fri Jan 10, 2003 5:00 pm
Posts: 1653
Location: UrAnus
Yorik wrote:

I'm not Christian (at least, not a church-going one). I still believe in ID. Because I'd much rather believe a great bearded guy in the sky made everything than believe I'm descended from an orangutan and life as we know it is the result of a cosmic broken condom.

But belief is not scientific, we wouldn't get so upset by intelligent design if it would stop trying to claim that it has anything to do with science.
All ID is is Christian belief giving in just enough to reasonable thought so that it will lose it's members less rapidly then when it was out right condemning reason.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 11:04 am 
Offline
Addict

Joined: Wed Dec 31, 1969 5:00 pm
Posts: 3759
Location: your house, your living room, your sofa
Psycojes wrote:
Yorik wrote:

I'm not Christian (at least, not a church-going one). I still believe in ID. Because I'd much rather believe a great bearded guy in the sky made everything than believe I'm descended from an orangutan and life as we know it is the result of a cosmic broken condom.

But belief is not scientific, we wouldn't get so upset by intelligent design if it would stop trying to claim that it has anything to do with science.


BUT HE HAS TO SAY IT IS SCIENTIFIC OTHERWISE HE IS MADE OF A MONKEY AND THE DAWNING REALISATION OF HIS OWN MORTALITY AND THE POINTLESSNESS OF HIS OWN EXISTENCE WILL BREAK HIS TINY LITTLE MIND.

_________________
Where in the name of Deus Ex Machina did that T-Rex come from?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 11:04 am 
Offline
Addict
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 21, 2003 3:14 pm
Posts: 2045
Yorik wrote:
I'm not Christian (at least, not a church-going one). I still believe in ID. Because I'd much rather believe a great bearded guy in the sky made everything than believe I'm descended from an orangutan and life as we know it is the result of a cosmic broken condom.
Obviously you shouldn't believe anything that challenges your world view and remain ignorant of facts because that is more convenient than thinking.

Obviously you should then defend your self delusions to everybody in the internet claiming that it's somehow SCIENCE because YOU SAY IT IS.

_________________
All articles that coruscate with resplendence are not truly auriferous.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 11:05 am 
Offline
Addict

Joined: Wed Dec 31, 1969 5:00 pm
Posts: 3759
Location: your house, your living room, your sofa
arwing wrote:
Yorik wrote:
I'm not Christian (at least, not a church-going one). I still believe in ID. Because I'd much rather believe a great bearded guy in the sky made everything than believe I'm descended from an orangutan and life as we know it is the result of a cosmic broken condom.
Obviously you shouldn't believe anything that challenges your world view and remain ignorant of facts because that is more convenient than thinking.

Obviously you should then defend your self delusions to everybody in the internet claiming that it's somehow SCIENCE because YOU SAY IT IS.


Isn't that pretty much the basis for ID as science anyway?

God says it is.

:v

_________________
Where in the name of Deus Ex Machina did that T-Rex come from?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 11:06 am 
Offline
Native
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2005 5:55 pm
Posts: 715
Location: Brill, Tirisfal Glades
onion wrote:
Also, isn't it hard to be a communist/socialist while upholding a belief in God born out of self delusion?


I'm a Stalinist. I can be a communist and still believe whatever the hell I want to believe at the same time.

As far as belief not being scientific: this is true. There is very little science to faith. Still, it isn't fair to say "anyone who believes in ID or Creation is completely unscientific" when that isn't the case. "My belief is more credible to me than yours, thus you are an idiot" is the saying of the school yard bully who spends his recess telling all the first graders Santa Claus doesn't exist.

_________________
Brraaaiiiinnnnnzzzzzz...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 11:09 am 
Offline
Addict
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 21, 2003 3:14 pm
Posts: 2045
What I don't understand is how FIVE THOUSAND YEARS AGO WE WERE CREATED BY AN INVISIBLE MAN IN THE SKY is more plausible than we evolved from the same ancestors that apes did.

_________________
All articles that coruscate with resplendence are not truly auriferous.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: also you're a FAGGOT
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 11:10 am 
Offline
something smells fishy here
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 19, 2007 11:30 am
Posts: 119
Yorik wrote:
onion wrote:
Also, isn't it hard to be a communist/socialist while upholding a belief in God born out of self delusion?


I'm a Stalinist. I can be a communist and still believe whatever the hell I want to believe at the same time.

As far as belief not being scientific: this is true. There is very little science to faith. Still, it isn't fair to say "anyone who believes in ID or Creation is completely unscientific" when that isn't the case. "My belief is more credible to me than yours, thus you are an idiot" is the saying of the school yard bully who spends his recess telling all the first graders Santa Claus doesn't exist.


Well okay. You just compared your own mindset to that of a first-grader. There's really nothing left for me to say. Kudos, sir.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 11:11 am 
Offline
Addict
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 21, 2003 3:14 pm
Posts: 2045
Yorik wrote:
onion wrote:
Also, isn't it hard to be a communist/socialist while upholding a belief in God born out of self delusion?


I'm a Stalinist. I can be a communist and still believe whatever the hell I want to believe at the same time.

As far as belief not being scientific: this is true. There is very little science to faith. Still, it isn't fair to say "anyone who believes in ID or Creation is completely unscientific" when that isn't the case. "My belief is more credible to me than yours, thus you are an idiot" is the saying of the school yard bully who spends his recess telling all the first graders Santa Claus doesn't exist.
regardless of the methods, that school yard bully is right isn't he :V

Your delusion kind of falls apart when you admit it's a delusion doesn't it? At least it should.

_________________
All articles that coruscate with resplendence are not truly auriferous.


Last edited by arwing on Sun Jul 15, 2007 11:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 11:11 am 
Offline
Addict

Joined: Wed Dec 31, 1969 5:00 pm
Posts: 3759
Location: your house, your living room, your sofa
Yorik wrote:
onion wrote:
Also, isn't it hard to be a communist/socialist while upholding a belief in God born out of self delusion?


I'm a Stalinist. I can be a communist and still believe whatever the hell I want to believe at the same time.


AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. HA. HAHAHAHA. HAHAHAHAHAHA. HAHAHA. HA. HA. HA. HA.

The fact the you actually call yourself a stalinist is pretty much the end of this debate. It seems like you might go through life fulfilling the pattern of consistently backing the wrong horse in every situation...

Yorik wrote:
As far as belief not being scientific: this is true. There is very little science to faith. Still, it isn't fair to say "anyone who believes in ID or Creation is completely unscientific" when that isn't the case. "My belief is more credible to me than yours, thus you are an idiot" is the saying of the school yard bully who spends his recess telling all the first graders Santa Claus doesn't exist.


No. My 'belief' is more reasonable and provable than yours. Certainly personally it is far more credible to me but you are welcome to your opinion on ID despite my certainty that you are wrong.

However, the logical path you have taken to get to your belief in ID/creationism lacks consistency, is filled with logical fallacies and self delusion and does not stand up to 'peer review' and is therefore not very scientific at all.

_________________
Where in the name of Deus Ex Machina did that T-Rex come from?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 11:13 am 
Offline
Addict

Joined: Fri Jan 10, 2003 5:00 pm
Posts: 1653
Location: UrAnus
arwing wrote:
Yorik wrote:
"My belief is more credible to me than yours, thus you are an idiot" is the saying of the school yard bully who spends his recess telling all the first graders Santa Claus doesn't exist.
regardless of the methods, that school yard bully is right isn't he :V

No he's not!
*runs off crying*


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 11:15 am 
Offline
Addict
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 21, 2003 3:14 pm
Posts: 2045
Psycojes wrote:
arwing wrote:
Yorik wrote:
"My belief is more credible to me than yours, thus you are an idiot" is the saying of the school yard bully who spends his recess telling all the first graders Santa Claus doesn't exist.
regardless of the methods, that school yard bully is right isn't he :V

No he's not!
*runs off crying*
I guess the other possibility is that Yorik still believes in Santa Claus

_________________
All articles that coruscate with resplendence are not truly auriferous.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 11:17 am 
Offline
Addict

Joined: Wed Dec 31, 1969 5:00 pm
Posts: 3759
Location: your house, your living room, your sofa
arwing wrote:
Psycojes wrote:
arwing wrote:
Yorik wrote:
"My belief is more credible to me than yours, thus you are an idiot" is the saying of the school yard bully who spends his recess telling all the first graders Santa Claus doesn't exist.
regardless of the methods, that school yard bully is right isn't he :V

No he's not!
*runs off crying*
I guess the other possibility is that Yorik still believes in Santa Claus


Santa Claus, Intellient Design *and* Stalinism?

Wow.

He's a special little boy.

No wonder the FBI are totally monitoring his mail.

_________________
Where in the name of Deus Ex Machina did that T-Rex come from?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 11:18 am 
Offline
Addict
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 21, 2003 3:14 pm
Posts: 2045
onion wrote:
arwing wrote:
Psycojes wrote:
arwing wrote:
Yorik wrote:
"My belief is more credible to me than yours, thus you are an idiot" is the saying of the school yard bully who spends his recess telling all the first graders Santa Claus doesn't exist.
regardless of the methods, that school yard bully is right isn't he :V

No he's not!
*runs off crying*
I guess the other possibility is that Yorik still believes in Santa Claus


Santa Claus, Intellient Design *and* Stalinism?

Wow.

He's a special little boy.

No wonder the FBI are totally monitoring his mail.
BUT SANTA DENIES GOD! Just like Harry Potter.

_________________
All articles that coruscate with resplendence are not truly auriferous.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 11:19 am 
Offline
Native
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2005 5:55 pm
Posts: 715
Location: Brill, Tirisfal Glades
arwing wrote:
What I don't understand is how FIVE THOUSAND YEARS AGO WE WERE CREATED BY AN INVISIBLE MAN IN THE SKY is more plausible than we evolved from the same ancestors that apes did.


It isn't.

onion wrote:
No. My 'belief' is more reasonable and provable than yours. Certainly personally it is far more credible to me but you are welcome to your opinion on ID despite my certainty that you are wrong.


Thus my point: we both have our beliefs and we are entitled to them. You think I am wrong. I think you are wrong. For all we know, we are both wrong and life as we know it is a result of a tryst between Cthulhu and Labrat.

onion wrote:
However, the logical path you have taken to get to your belief in ID/creationism lacks consistency, is filled with logical fallacies and self delusion and does not stand up to 'peer review' and is therefore not very scientific at all.


My beliefs on ID/Creationism do not represent the ID/Creationist society as a whole, no more than Bin Ladin's beliefs on the Quran represent Islamic society as a whole (or the WBC's beliefs on the Bible for that matter). There are some ID Scientists that have converted to evolutionism because they believe it is more scientifically plausible, and evolutionary scientists that have converted to ID/Creationism because they believe the opposite. Again: we have our beliefs and we are entitled to them.

_________________
Brraaaiiiinnnnnzzzzzz...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 11:23 am 
Offline
Addict

Joined: Wed Dec 31, 1969 5:00 pm
Posts: 3759
Location: your house, your living room, your sofa
You're still wrong and as far as I can see since you were arguing YOUR beliefs on ID then therefore the purpose of any debate from that point onwards would be to either prove of disprove the validity of those beliefs.

Therefore, my point remains.

A 'scientific' theory is not in based solely on self delusion. You are wrong by merit of your motivaton to believe.

And since the original point of discussion was not the *right* of the individual to believe in creationism but the actual scientific basis for the theory your points are in fact moot.

Next question.

_________________
Where in the name of Deus Ex Machina did that T-Rex come from?


Last edited by onion on Sun Jul 15, 2007 11:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 100 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group