ZOMBIE FORUMS

It's a stinking, shambling corpse grotesquely parodying life.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:25 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2002 10:48 pm 
n00b

so, i'm kinda new, and thought about mentioning what pyro just did, but nevermind.

here's an excellent article on the blu-82b.

<a href="http://www.fas.org/man/dod-101/sys/dumb/blu-82.htm">The Daisy Cutter</a>

just fyi...Frequent press reports to the contrary, the Daisy Cutter is not a fuel-air explosive (FAE). It is a conventional explosive incorporating both agent and oxidizer. In contrast, an FAE consists only of agent and a dispersing mechanism, and takes its oxidizer from the oxygen in the air. FAEs generally run between 500 and 2000 pounds; it would be difficult to make an FAE the size of Daisy Cutter because the correct uniform mixture of agent with ambient air would be difficult to maintain if the agent were so widely dispersed. Thus, the conventional explosive technique of Daisy Cutter is more reliable than that of an FAE, particularly if there is significant wind or thermal gradient.

some of the info.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2002 11:44 pm 
Addict

Okay,fine!I made a error but the main point is you wouldn't see them being used a whole lot.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2002 1:20 am 
Native

Ok, then we will melt them with napalm then. We have the firepower to stop them, 'nuff said.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2003 12:42 am 
Native

Quite honestly, if we fought the Chinese army, I think that would be a suitable situation for using first-strike low-yield tactical nukes (against armored divisions, troop concentrations, airbases and fleets especially).

While we could probably beat them in conventional warfare (and in 2015 I expect we'll be able to beat them even harder, considering that the U.S. spends 80% of the world's military research money. The tech gap is widening, in our favor), it would be much more certain with nukes, especially since they have tac-nukes that threaten our fleets.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2003 2:01 am 
Local

Speaking in terms of global-good (I personally believe that it is the government's job to do the best for its citizens, and screw the rest of the world, unless that has a negative effect on the country), I think that having a competitor with the US would be good. So many countries hate us for our unilateral foreign policy; maybe having international checks and balances again would be good.

-Voltaire

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2