ZOMBIE FORUMS

It's a stinking, shambling corpse grotesquely parodying life.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:38 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 106 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2003 7:07 pm 
Addict

Maybe it is considering the person we are dealing with.You just can't trust him.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2003 8:13 pm 
Addict

What the hell is that supposed to mean? I don't trust Bill Gates with my computer, but that doesn't mean I'm going to drive to Redmond and firebomb his house...

P-M

-><-

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2003 8:54 pm 
Addict

Bill gates doesn't gas his employees when they demand more pay.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2003 10:16 pm 
Addict

...don't be so hasty, Barg.

The thing is, pyro, that the scales on both sides are increased dramatically. First off, the govt's job is to support US interest, not be the fair and impartial judge of all. When there is a likely risk to the US, especially after we've just gotten attacked, we have the right to attack.

Before you counter that arguement with Iraq's sovreign state rights- dictatorships have no rights. In fact, it would be preferable if the UN just unseated all those dictators instead of allowing them to go on. But...thats not happening.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2003 5:21 am 
Local

what is this, "dictatorships have no rights" thing? How is it that, simply based on their system of government, we can declare, essentially, sovereignty over another nation? Sure, dictatorships suck, and I personally think it would make practical sense to, in some way, subvert and destroy the Iraqi regime, but don't you think that being in a country at war with the most powerful nation in the world and its allies (cronies?) sucks even worse? If you're saying we're doing this for their good (which Bush hasn't even tried to claim), then what about the ensuing turmoil in the Mideast and, according to Rumsfeld, a 30-40 year war against radical Islam?

-Voltaire

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2003 4:38 pm 
Addict

Quote:
what is this, "dictatorships have no rights" thing? How is it that, simply based on their system of government, we can declare, essentially, sovereignty over another nation?

The same way we can declare that beating someone to death for no morally justifiable reason is bad.

Quote:
Sure, dictatorships suck, and I personally think it would make practical sense to, in some way, subvert and destroy the Iraqi regime, but don't you think that being in a country at war with the most powerful nation in the world and its allies (cronies?) sucks even worse?

A country is not a living entity. If it was, I would say yes, since bombs do more damage to a country than dictatorship. However, comparing several weeks of war to 30-40 years of an oppressive regime in terms of its affect on the people of the country is idiocy.

Quote:
If you're saying we're doing this for their good (which Bush hasn't even tried to claim),

Probably because its an obvious thing. Let me put it in my uncivilized american-speech.

Ug. Dictatorship, bad. Democracy, good. Ug.

Quote:
then what about the ensuing turmoil in the Mideast and, according to Rumsfeld, a 30-40 year war against radical Islam?

Maaaaaaybe you wern't paying attention to this whole '9-11' and 'war on terror' thing. We're already at war with radical Islam.

Iraq isn't going to change that, really. Plus, radical Islam isn't Iraq's friend. At all.

-Kills Commies
Lord, I was born a patriot man
Trying to kill some commies, and doing the best I can

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 106 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6