ZOMBIE FORUMS

It's a stinking, shambling corpse grotesquely parodying life.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:32 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2003 12:33 am 
Local

Wait...as far as I've heard, the RIAA is only going after people who share music, not movies.

And that is a good point, Icy, if a bit...unsatisfactory. It kinda defeats the purpose of all argumentation if all it comes down to is "gut feeling", or even just personal reasoning.

-Voltaire

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2003 3:12 am 
Addict

Location: In the ether, Hand of DM poised for enervation at will
My mother has that CD of Carlin. The man's a fucking genius.
George Carlin wrote:
"After some of these cardinals and bishops become a single parent, raising their kids on minimum wage, I'd be more than happy to listen to their views on abortion"
-or something to that affect.
George Carlin wrote:
"Hey. If you think a fetus is more important than a woman, then try getting a fetus to wash the shit stains outta your underwear. For no pay, or no pension."

George Carlin wrote:
"Why? Why? Why is it that those people who are against abortion are people you wouldn't wanna fuck in the first place?"
-not always true, but it makes me giggle anyway :-P

Nothing is simply black and white anymore. Our society is such a melting pot of different beliefs and ideas now adays that one cannot simply say "That is bad because I say so, and therefore I'm going to do everything I can to put a stop to it!" At least, in this country that holds true. For example, I can be (and am) firmly against drugs. I can protest about it, I can ask loved ones to stop taking them, but I cannot force them to stop. It's their life, their body. The same can be said about a woman's body. It's her body, and therefore, it's her business.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5