ZOMBIE FORUMS

It's a stinking, shambling corpse grotesquely parodying life.
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:15 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Well? Click the link, then answer me this.
Are you for it? 18%  18%  [ 4 ]
Are you against it? 5%  5%  [ 1 ]
Do you not care? 23%  23%  [ 5 ]
Should George Lucas be anally raped for inflicting that movie on the unsuspecting public? 45%  45%  [ 10 ]
. . . I'm sorry, did you say something? 9%  9%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 22
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2003 11:08 am 
Addict

Ryven wrote:
Yeah, Attack of the Clones was a pretty iffy movie. Yoda kicked ass, of course, and I thought the chase through Courascant was awesome, graphics wise. But the whole crappy romance/jealous boyfriend thing between Anakin and Padme was irritating.

*star wars action, blaster fights, lightsaber stuff - ROLLING THROUGH THE GRASS SAPPY MUSIC- blaster fights, lightsaber stuff YODA!*

That's what the movie was like for me. Bleh.

And as for the clones thing, it's just a movie, and if nobody noticed, there was a general air of disdain and discomfort whenever the clones were mentioned in the movies. Which means they weren't really looked at as a good idea. *L*

. . .

Yo, Ryv, anyone else who wasn't actually reading my post . . .

I gave this that goofy name to get your attention. The poll option was funny.

Please, I wanted a serious discussion on cloning, or your reactions to what the two men in the debate I linked to in my post.

Not a Star Wars discussion.

-_- The attention span of the modern webhead . . .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2003 11:22 am 
Addict

I think that cloning is unethical because the odds of it actually working right(person survives to term w/o massive biological and mental problems) are so poor. I think that human cloning will inevitably happen soon, for the purpose of organ donation and such. I doubt that a full scale human clone duplicating another person (a'la The Sixth Day) is in the cards for another half century or so.

Post subject: SMACKDOWN!
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2003 9:25 pm 
Addict

Chaz wrote:
I think that cloning is unethical because the odds of it actually working right(person survives to term w/o massive biological and mental problems) are so poor.

Chaz, do you know how many "normal," pregnancies end in miscarriage? Do you oppose artificial insemination?

I personally feel that there is no logical objection to cloning, though you seem to be one of the closest to doing so I've seen, Chaz. Though it's been said before, a clone is just an identical twin born years apart (or months, if you get the bugger early). Even less than that, actually, due to the different womb and events in it. Trying to raise a replacement of a loved one would fail utterly, as the whole nurture thing plays far too much of a role.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2003 5:45 am 
Local

As long as they get the same rights as any other person, I dont have a problem with cloning. The first generation of clones are going to be seriously messed in the head though just due to media coverage of the whole thing.

BLM

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2