ZOMBIE FORUMS

It's a stinking, shambling corpse grotesquely parodying life.
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:10 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 

Henry Kissinger....
...is a terrorist, and shut be tried for crimes against humanity. 23%  23%  [ 3 ]
...is a bad man, but not the international criminal that he's made out to be. 46%  46%  [ 6 ]
...is okay with me. 15%  15%  [ 2 ]
...is a great, great man. 15%  15%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 13
 Post subject: Henry Kissinger
PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2003 3:21 pm 
Addict

Well, what do you think? He's one of the most controversial figures in the history of American Government. What I'm concerned about in particular, since I'm taking a class on Latin American History right now, is his role in the assassination of democratically-elected Chilean president Salvador Allende and the installation of the brutal Pinochet regime.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2003 3:48 pm 
Addict

I didn't vote, he is a terrible person. I don't care how much good you do if you voluntarily instigate genocide you come out in the red in my opinion. However, he doesn't at all fit the definition of a terrorist and I think that word is horribly overused.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2003 3:49 pm 
Addict

he did what (he thought) needed to be done, and he did it well. The 20th Century wasn't full of happy people making easy decisions, America/The West won the Cold War, on that front he did well

The CIA backed the revolution/coup in Chile only after attempting to stop Allende and his Marxist party getting into power with all sorts of propaganda in country, the claim is that the planes that dropped the bombs on the Presedential compound, while 100% Chilean, were actually flown by American pilots is less 'official'

and obviously there was the finacial backing that the US withdrew when Allende took power, and thatwent back in after he was deposed/killed

but anyway, Kissinger did his job, prehaps not how some would have done it, but he certainly was effective, no?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2003 3:51 pm 
Local

Kissinger will probably go down as a very misunderstood individual. To date, I know of no pursuits in which he has personally benefitted, but only time and the de-classification (yo MiB!! Represent!!) of certain foreign actions will shed light on that.

Kissinger is exceedingly good at doing the job he is given. His moral compass might get called into question, but by and large I'd say he's a company man for the US of A, and there are worse organizations for which to be "successful" henchman.

But I full well admit, he's a henchman.

-------------------
-MrWarMage likes Futurama.. A LOT!!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]