ZOMBIE FORUMS

It's a stinking, shambling corpse grotesquely parodying life.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:53 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2003 10:41 pm 
Local

Umm...I've been gone for a month, and still no one really responds to that? Did you just stop reading my ravings, or have I stumped you with my incredibly deep, intellectual thought?

-Voltaire

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2003 9:05 am 
Addict

No, your post was just that stupid.

And I'm not being condescending here, its just stupid that we need to "prove" free will or you win the arguement. Its just a useful supposition, if nothing is really your fault the whole "responsibility" thing flies out the window, human society collapses. Its a non-issue, because disreguarding human society is only useful in debates with no useful applications. This has a useful application.

So it isn't that it was worth a shit, its just a non-issue. If you have to reach *THAT* far to justify *MURDER*, you are beyond help. You are a mindless drone that will justify his hatred for everything the US by any means nessesary.

But even so, your arguement is absurd and stupid in the EXTREME. I am somewhat puzzled on how you manage to even sign on to surf the net, let along type up all these big words like "middle east" and "terrorism."

"The West" is not a concious entity. Bush, for example, is not "The West." He is George Bush. Churchhill was not "The West," he was churchill. Blaming "the west" as if its some entity to blame is idiotic- suppose, for example, a succession of black people I know commit crimes, and I blame their descendants, or if at a job their successors? Is this fair or even sensible? No. Thus, was the terrorist's actions acceptable? No. For example, if I had been in one of those towers and had died, the deal is- I had no responsibility for whatever crap these people went through to make them want to blow me up. Nor the power to change it.

I suggest you read some literature on the middle east, blaming the US as the sole cause for everything is, to put it lightly, SILLY. Absurd. Stupid. Go get learned, son, before you open your yap.

Similarly, there is no "middle east" entity which I can blame things on. I can blame things on organizations with people who all have similar goals (hamas, for example,) but I cannot blame "the middle east" for anything. If George Bush thought like you, Unum, he would have said "the middle east attacked us" and nuked the fuck out of everything but Israel. Again, not sensible.

Lastly, terrorism is wrong because it targets people who have nothing to do with the people that are responsible for their beef- it targets people who just live their daily lives, and are not involved in war-making whatsoever. If the bombings of Hiroshima and Nagasaki were wrong without some major justification, so is terrorism.

I certainly hope that, some day, you can see the error of your ways the stop being so hateful, but until then I will simply refuse to discuss anything of import with you- no use talking sense to the senseless, as they say.

So, in the end- I'm intellectually boycotting your stupidity. I hope some other people join me, to encourage you to either shape up or shut up.

-MiB

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2003 9:28 am 
Addict

Amen Brother.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2003 5:31 pm 
Native

The Man In Black wrote:
So, in the end- I'm intellectually boycotting your stupidity. I hope some other people join me, to encourage you to either shape up or shut up.

-MiB

I'm in.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4