ZOMBIE FORUMS

It's a stinking, shambling corpse grotesquely parodying life.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:08 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: All the news that's fit to ignore
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2003 8:22 pm 
Native

One absolutely vital story out of Iraq that has been completely ignored is this.

Before the cries of "He's Bush's puppet and planted it!" can begin, I'd like to add that the judge is a staunch Democrat.

Further confirmation of this paper's existence is here (scroll down to news for the 21st), a weblog run by an Iraqi citizen.

So, the question looms, why have none of the major news sources reported this? My first impulse is "Of course they wouldn't, it harms their 'Bush was wrong to invade Iraq' sermons." While that accounts for CNN, NPR, the NYT, and such, it doesn't explain why FoxNews wouldn't pick it up.

The actual answer may lie here. And that leads me to wonder what else has happened, to cause them to issue such an order in the first place.

Post subject: Re: All the news that's fit to ignore
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2003 8:52 pm 
Addict

Kylaer wrote:
Before the cries of "He's Bush's puppet and planted it!" can begin, I'd like to add that the judge is a staunch Democrat.

(....)

So, the question looms, why have none of the major news sources reported this? My first impulse is "Of course they wouldn't, it harms their 'Bush was wrong to invade Iraq' sermons." While that accounts for CNN, NPR, the NYT, and such, it doesn't explain why FoxNews wouldn't pick it up.

What does him being a democrat have to do with it?

I don't recall seeing any headlines with that statement. You can read into anything if you want to. It is hard to publish anything about war and make it seem in support of the person who started it, even if you just stick to the facts.

Anyways gripes apart, I think that is a very interesting article. I would hardly call it vital since that is just one report. Until I see more than just that evidence, I am not going to pass judgement on whether or not the two had relations. It is no more vital than the transcripts of bin Laden recordings in which he denounces Saddam as a capitalist infidel, imho.

EDIT: I really do hope to see this on the news and looked into. If absolute proof was found that the two of them had relations (no not Monica and Bill) it would really put the critics collective ball sack in a vice.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2003 9:01 pm 
Addict

Interesting as always Ky.

-MiB

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2003 9:35 am 
Addict

The Pvt Lynch story was a runnaway without the facts, and the media has egg on its face. A repeat is not wanted, period. AS the provable facts come in, it wiil get to the media. As with any court case, (remember that these thugs are all wanted for a war crimes/crimes against humanity trial), evidence is usually gathered, proven or disproven, and protected for futher use in the prosecution.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2003 8:06 pm 
Addict

May I ask if the US ever found weapon of mass destruction in Iraq. I don't remember seeing news report of them finding anything over there. Without that proof, I find that the US is trying to scramble to justify what could then only be seen as a hostile talke over. The main problem when dealing with these issues is not the fact that the great American propaganda machine is churning out it's work, but that a second propaganda machine is working against it. In other words, everyones opinion taints the facts and all reaseach is tainted by thoes opinions. Therefore getting an unbiased view could be difficult, if not impossable

- Stephen Crane

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2003 8:47 pm 
Native

There was a uranium centrifuge of the type necessary to enrich weapons-grade material (and plans for same) found a few weeks ago, hidden by an Iraqi scientist who then led U.S. soldiers to it. He stated he had been given orders to hide it until U.N. sanctions were lifted and the world's eye was off Iraq, so their development program could begin again. Two weeks ago, there was a lockdown on information the press could release (see my second link), and that could explain the lack of follow-up information.

So, here is the situation as it stands. It is an undisputable fact that Saddam in the past had chemical and biological weapons and was working on a nuclear program. It was an undisputed fact that he still had them, until President Bush started hammering on this; at that point, it suddenly became disputed by various leftists, even though President Clinton had espoused exactly the same views (and in fact launched attacks on Iraq during Operation Desert Fox) without being challenged. It is also an undisputable fact that Saddam never gave even the slightest evidence of having destroyed his remaining WMDs.

These, as I see it, are the possibilities:

First, and most likely, the WMDs are still in Iraq, hidden away for the day when Saddam thought he could restart his programs. The hiding places are near-countless; the uranium centrifuge was actually hidden in the scientist's back yard, and would likely have never been found had the soldiers not been led to it.

Second, the WMDs may have been shipped to another country. Most often, the country given as their destination is Syria. I find this one a bit difficult to believe, as the level of insanity required to take in someone else's weapon program is astronomical. Kim Jong-Il would do it, but Assad probably cares too much for his own life. It's not impossible, but I wouldn't put any trust in this theory.

Third, they may have been destroyed. The biggest flaws with this theory are that if Saddam secretly destroyed them, he did so without any reason or gain (he loses his weapons, but doesn't earn the security that openly destroying them would grant him), and that if he actually did this, he did so while fooling every intelligence agency on the planet.

Quote:
The main problem when dealing with these issues is not the fact that the great American propaganda machine is churning out it's work, but that a second propaganda machine is working against it.

I think you're suffering from a misconception here. The "great American propaganda machine" doesn't exist as a unified entity; much of the second "machine" you describe is American, with CNN being the most visible component.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]