ZOMBIE FORUMS

It's a stinking, shambling corpse grotesquely parodying life.
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:30 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
 Post subject: Conclusion: you are a goddam idiot. Advice: shush.
PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2004 3:16 am 
Addict

Insane_Megalamaniac wrote:
If you don't want the baby, give it to somebody who does. There are plenty of people out there who CAN'T get knocked up but want to be. Quit being selfish and think of other people for once.

Compare the number of adoptions made versus the number of abortions (I'm rather sure it was already mentioned here). Then tell me that when abortion is no longer an option, people won't get knocked up. Good luck trying to sound rational.

Quote:
Eggs and sperm are yours to do with as you please. They're part of your body, have fun with them. When they combine and all those chromosones get together to make a person, then it ain't part of your body anymore. It's someone elses body. You're just the life support pod and person responsible for ensuring that that person reaches the point in life where they can make their own decisions.

How arbitrary is that? "At this point, potential ceases, and being exists." Where's your support for your theory?

As you do, I say a it is a cluster of cells with the potential to be someone, if certain conditions are met (e.g. the body doesn't reject it like most are). I also say an egg is a cell with the potential to be someone, if certain conditions are met. By my logic, most menstruating women are serial murderers for allowing that potential life to die. No, that is not commonly accepted by society, and nor do I believe it should be. It would then appear that there is a social flaw in this line of reasoning.

Quote:
Not to mention the physical and mental trauma of the women who have abortions. They kinda leave out the part about you being literally scarred for life in 90% of the operations.

Well, ell oh ell. Same is true with carrying a child to term. Last time I checked, most abortions (i.e. first trimester) are safer than carrying to term.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2004 5:32 am 
Addict

I have a number of points to say regarding the topic:
!) Whatever the cause is, it's the mother's right to do an abortion.
@) There are too many people in the world as it is.
#) It's better to do an abortion if the mother feels that she can't take care of the newborn
$) I feel that unborn babies aren't alive as uniqu beings, only as a part of the mother. As such, they have the same rights as a liver or a spleen.

That's about it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2004 5:57 am 
Addict

Weredrake wrote:
I have a number of points to say regarding the topic:
!) Whatever the cause is, it's the mother's right to do an abortion.
@) There are too many people in the world as it is.
#) It's better to do an abortion if the mother feels that she can't take care of the newborn
$) I feel that unborn babies aren't alive as uniqu beings, only as a part of the mother. As such, they have the same rights as a liver or a spleen.

That's about it.

Go get !@#$ed, %^&*()_.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2004 7:55 am 
Native

Insane_Megalamaniac wrote:
You're just the life support pod and person responsible for ensuring that that person reaches the point in life where they can make their own decisions.

Where the hell did that come from? Are you trying to say that if you have sex, you are bound to the child that might or might not come about?

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5