ZOMBIE FORUMS

It's a stinking, shambling corpse grotesquely parodying life.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:09 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 101 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Is cutting "stupid"?
Yes 49%  49%  [ 18 ]
No 11%  11%  [ 4 ]
I'd use a different word 41%  41%  [ 15 ]
Total votes : 37
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2003 1:15 am 
Native

From what I've read from the site you put up, Kali, cutting sounds a lot like an addiction. And that's where I'd call it unhealthy. Not the action itself (though it increases the possibility of disease, which is also unhealthy), but the adiction it causes. I would no more say that it is okay to go drink yourself silly every night as a coping mechanism than I would say cutting yourself open is okay as a coping mechanism. The problem is this: Alcoholism is MUCH more widespread and as such is considered more "normal". There are help groups for alcoholics, but it looks like there isn't such a thing for cutters. I would say, then, that quite possibly what a cutter needs, if they truly want to stop, is a sponsor, much like an acloholic has. Someone who they can call when they feel the urge to cut.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 101 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6