ZOMBIE FORUMS

It's a stinking, shambling corpse grotesquely parodying life.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:31 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Where to build the International Thermonuclear Experimental Reactor?
France 43%  43%  [ 9 ]
Japan 38%  38%  [ 8 ]
Libya (they've already been working on one anyway) 19%  19%  [ 4 ]
Total votes : 21
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2004 5:10 am 
Expatriate

THe the "language of physics" has changed rapidly in the past does not mean that it is necessary or wise to do so now. (And my personal experience indicates that the transit from German to English is considerably easier than the transit from English to Japanese, besides)

Your dismissal of the French technical abilities is, I suspect, based on false assumptions. France is considerably more dependent on nuclear power than Japan - or most other countries. It's not as if they're jsut starting a nuclear program.

Whether or not France-bashing is an old phenomenon in Europe isn't really the point - it is the US' political opposition to France that is keeping the reactor site undecided. And though many Americans may not want to admit it right now, France-bashing in the US is a new thing - I recall, not all tha tlong ago, when we were very fond of France and were quite, quite worried about the influx of Japanese imports.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2004 5:35 am 
Addict

ollie wrote:
for now it'll need skills not power, and the French, while a nuclear power and pretty high tech (especially where arms are concerned) are also very workshy if they get the notion, whatever you can say about Japan, it is not that they shirk a challenge or some long hours, and they live on a solid rock island chain, france is all hills and mud

why will they have to speak the language of the country they're based in? like i said, English is the language of physics, trade and world politics. spanish and French, tho widely spoken in many quarters come a rather poor second best internationally and this is above all an international project

debate needs a point/counterpoint, not a "your missing the point, you know, the one you just made earlier that i didnt' read" thing. so, what are your reasons for puting in in France rather than Japan? few of us are quallified to debate any of the topics on this board, so dont' let that hold you back

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2004 9:18 pm 
Addict

Location: In front of the computer, doing things best left undescribed
I say build it in the US. Japan will use it in their massive conspiracy to assimilate the US as revenge for WWII, all funded by the Illuminati because of a thousand-year-old drunken bet with the pygmy clairvoyent leader of the Free Masons.

The French will be all friendly and polite until construction is finished, then chase us out, call us uncivilized barbarians, and act like a bunch of asses now that they have their own super-cool reactor to play with and nobody else does. Business as usual.

Pyro: Noun. Practicioner of the ancient and gentle arts of burning shit down and blowing shit up.

DNI'd by actor_au

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2