ZOMBIE FORUMS

It's a stinking, shambling corpse grotesquely parodying life.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:37 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Rehabilitation
PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2004 9:07 pm 
Native

In his state of the union speech, bush said something to the effect of "when the gates of prison open, the path ahead must lead to a better life."

This brings up an interesting point: for some of the more violent offenders, is this possible? Is it feasable to do?

I believe that we should at least try, after all, that's the purpose of the prison system (Department of Corrections). But how? And can it be done with the resources we have?

We're not mad. We're just argumentative. And we live in a state of fluctuating contempt for everything. - onion, when talking about herself and shoonra, actually describes the whole of kyhm forums.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2004 11:26 pm 
Native

Depends

On a case-by-case basis, I'd say sometimes you can reincorporate an individual into society, sometimes you can't. If you can, I'd still be careful, and keep tabs on them, because it's possible that they're just being subtle. If you can't, throw away the key, that's all we can do.

At some point, however, crimes become so terrible that the good of the offender should be thrown out the window in the interest of society at large. Mostly this means simple execution of the worst and most deranged criminals (McVeigh, for example; Hussein, for another).

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]