ZOMBIE FORUMS

It's a stinking, shambling corpse grotesquely parodying life.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:22 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2004 7:50 am 
Addict

i do hope we havent' got someone who'd been blinded by the publicity around the daisycutter and is ignoring the WW2 British bombs of equal and larger size, for instance the 12,000lb/5,400kg armour-piercing (AP) TALLBOY bomb used to sink the battleship Tirpitz and 22,000lb/10,000kg GRAND SLAM bomb demolished the Bielefeld Viaduct in Germany, both EARTHQUAKE class munitions dropped from Avro Lancaster bombers

now those were bombs, his a battleship with 1 and suddenly it's a pile of scrap on it's way to the bottom, air power killed the battleship for sure, but not just due to carrier launched small attack craft, daisy cutters are psychological weapons, TALLBOYs are pure direct damage

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2004 5:55 pm 
Local

woooaahhhh.....

I stand corrected by the great ollie.
Although I meant currently in use...but I think someone has a bigger bomb now...

My favorite is the 54000 lb "Tsar Bomba", but that is nuclear.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2004 4:37 am 
Local

So why is using a flamethrower to flush out a cave any more morally reprehensible then gassing it, and sending down men to shoot anyone who survives? Because its more painful? Ok, I agree with that, but if it means less casualties altogether because one side doesnt have to send men down into the caves/bunkers, then its a worthwhile investment.

Of course, fire doesnt discriminate between civilians and enemy like a soldier with an rifle (Supposedly, in theory) does. I dont have any objection to using any kind of weaponry to defeat your enemy, except those with long term effects (Landmines, nuclear weapons, etc) and those that cause unnesscessary amounts of civilian deaths. Being able to eliminate your enemy faster and more efficiently results in less deaths all round, and death is bad, so less deaths is good. *Hands out flowers and "Peace" signs with Flamethrowers painted on them. Smokes bong and torches something with a 'thrower.*

Of course, you have to wonder how much money it'd take to "reintroduce" flamers to an army, and how much more effective they would make the average fighting unit, and whether society could be bettered by allocating the money to hospitals or librarys or whatever rather then MORE military toys.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2